• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Atheist Alliance

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
1. The Big Bang was started by something.
2. Energy can not be created, nor destroyed.

Most scientists now say that multi-verse theory is a possibality, and that since energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed, state that our universe is the byproduct of either 2 colliding universes, or the big crunch of the last universe being the big bang of our universe. Ect ect.

EDIT: iq2 - Stephen Fry VS Ann Widdecombe : The Catholic Church Debate

Spoiler: STEPHEN FRY WINS

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Uhh... I'd like to join.

What are your opinions on subjects such as same-sex marriage, abortion, the death penalty, and so on? Why?
Same-sex Marriage: All for it. I feel that if people feel so strongly for each other, then they deserve the rights that everyone else does.

Abortion: Depends on the case... If it's a young teen, no. If it's a rape victim.... Hell yes. I feel that would be one of the worst things ever... To look in your own childs face and remember something so awful.

Death Penalty: I'm from the South, so that may make this a bit biased, but I whole-heartily agree with the death penalty.

Why are your beliefs the way they are?
Just because I believe that after so many bad things happen in this world, and a bit of rational reasoning... Oh and I did research a bit about the bible.... I just decided.... "Yep... Bible's one of the longest fairy tales of all time."

Do you believe in any form of life after death?
I hope there is reincarnation, but there would be no way to prove it...

Do you believe in aliens?
No.

Does your family and friends know about your faith? If no, why not?
No;Yes. My friends know about it because I have many religious debates with other people (they just get on my case constantly, I'm quite quiet about it). My family doesn't because it's not like religion is all that important to us, so there's no real reason to bring it up.

Do you think separation of church and state is different from freedom of religion?
Uhh.... Hell yes? Freedom of religion = You may have any religion you want. Seperation of church and state = A religious factor (Christianity in America, at least) plays no role in the decisions and/or influence of the Government.

If God does exist, what do you think it would be like?
GEORGE CARLIN. I think he's just always pissed off at something we screwed up with, honest, and has a great sense of humor.

What are your family's general religious beliefs?
My mother is a Christian, but my father is a Muslim... I don't live with my father though, so I don't entirely understand Islam too well.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I completely updated the first post~ Go have a look! :D

Do you believe in aliens?
No.

Do you think separation of church and state is different from freedom of religion?
Uhh.... Hell yes? Freedom of religion = You may have any religion you want. Seperation of church and state = A religious factor (Christianity in America, at least) plays no role in the decisions and/or influence of the Government.

Welcome! o:

Why don't you believe in aliens? Just curious~

Also, with the way you explained why they're different, you basically said they were different then said they were the same.

Freedom of religion also gives you freedom from religion - which is where separation of church and state came from.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Well after reading some of the other posts about aliens, I realized I hadn't been thinking in the correct manner about that. I do feel there are other lifeforms somewhere else in the universe/galaxy. Yea... I kinda was rambling on that last part and even had trouble thinking of an answer, but apparently I didn't quite succeed about that.

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
So! This past weekend I went to the Secular Student Alliance Annual Conference, where I got to meet a bunch of awesome people, listen to some awesome talks, and all in all just have a great time surrounded by like-minded people.

I was received the third place award for "Best High School Activist", which I really didn't deserve when compared to the others.

But yeah, if any of you get the chance to attend a conference like this, I recommend it. It's absolutely wonderful.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So! This past weekend I went to the Secular Student Alliance Annual Conference, where I got to meet a bunch of awesome people, listen to some awesome talks, and all in all just have a great time surrounded by like-minded people.

I was received the third place award for "Best High School Activist", which I really didn't deserve when compared to the others.

But yeah, if any of you get the chance to attend a conference like this, I recommend it. It's absolutely wonderful.

Interesting! o:

What have you done, if you don't mind me asking.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Mind if I join? I'm atheist, and a very strong one at that. I recently was on "The Thinking Atheist" podcast.

HarrisonH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Interesting! o:

What have you done, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm the second student to speak in the video from the other page :P That's where I tell my story.

But like I said, compared to the others (Jess got first place, and Zack got second) I did nothing to deserve the award I received.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm BACK! I got so wrapped up in the LGBT club that I totally forgot I was part of the atheistic alliance. I won't make that mistake again, I hate being inactive. I haven't posted since May 29... not cool man.

When in [public] school, did you ever experience the school itself pushing religion on the students?

In primary school, we had weekly scripture lessons. I didn't think that much of it at the time, being a kid and all, but now that I'm grown I realise how perverse it was. This was just a regular public school with no ties to a religious organisation, yet they still allowed a group of old ladies come and teach us about Jesus each week. It doesn't sit well with me anymore. If kids want to learn about Jesus they can go to a church.

In high school, we had a yearly "Exo Day". I don't even know what that word means, but it was a big Christian festival type thing aimed at pushing Christianity on the youth by making it 'cool'. I was old enough to vocally disagree with that one. I'm not sure if it was more offensive that they were trying to push religion on us or that they were implying religion was cool.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Do you believe in Karma?
Karma is a flawed belief in that it implies the world is fair..in my opinion. Just saying.

HarrisonH

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
Who wants an awesome free poster in celebration of the 187th birthday of The Great Agnostic, Robert G. Ingersoll?

Before anyone asks, yes the Center for Inquiry is reputable (and completely awesome), no they aren't going to sell your information, and yes you will get the poster as it says.

If you're still in school (college or high school), you should check out the CFI On Campus part of their site. :D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
o: I totally just ordered me a free poster. Thanks for sharing that, Harrison!

"Please allow 2–4 weeks for delivery" That's the worst thing about free stuff. :(

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Hello. I'm an agnostic person who loves George Carlin and Erich von Daniken.
I believe Karma can exist in different ways. I've seen messed up examples of the belief that any wrong-doing is punished with their children. Most of my family turned from my mom for horrible prejudice reasons, and now the ones that did's children are having serious health problems. The ones that stuck by my mom are not having problems.

The world can be very unfair, but I believe Karma does exist.

Bela

Banned
Years
Hey everybody!

I created a chatroom for us to discuss atheism, among other things, on the same server as the main PC chat. The channel is named #Atheism in case you want to join!

That post looks pretty cool by the way--I'll have to consider ordering one!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
Years
Hey guys. I just came back to PC to check things out and I saw this club which wasn't around before and decided I wanted to join.

Just to add something else that I saw in the OP:

Yes I do believe in aliens and I even believe there is intelligent life somewhere in the galaxy just based on the enormous size of the universe, so probability basically. However I don't think they are anywhere near us like a lot of UFO conspiracy theorists believe. No offense to anyone who may believe that.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hi, I'd love to join this club! It's a bit dead, but hopefully I'm not joining too late.

Anyway, regarding aliens, I am a firm believer they exist. They may not be as creepy/cool as sci-fi describes them, but seeing how vast this universe is, I'd be surprised/shocked if there weren't any other living creatures.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
-clears throat-

I AM YOUR NEW ATHEISTIC OVERLORD

Yeah, I've taken over the club. It died a while ago and I've come to the conclusion that it is our fault for being lazy with it. But no longer!

It is after midnight here, so I'll go through and update the member list (assuming this needs doing) and fix everything up later, but I have to make this post now or else the club will reach its 30-day time limit and die.

It is a new era for the Atheist Alliance!

So, lets get some discussion going in here!

Have you ever doubted your beliefs as an atheist?

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
I guess I'll join, since I'm an atheist.
Have you ever doubted your beliefs as an atheist?
Not really. Sometimes I do wonder if there is a higher being out there, but overall, no. I can't imagine a god out there.

Back