• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Ailment Do You Hate Most

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I'd have to say confusion. It always lasts five turns and I never get an attack in. I don't like paralysis either. I despise curses. Poison and burns are okay.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Poison. Because 1) it always reduces HP and 2) lingers out of battle (in Gens 1 through 4 anyway) and I have to deal with that annoying flicker. Confusion is second because Persims are the only cure early on and your Pokemon always seem to hurt themselves more than the enemies do. Oh and Attract sucks too, thankfully I don't encounter it that often...

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
There 's a wide range of these. I 'd say seeding(by leech seed), cause it shouldn't affect a pokemon when it's swithed out maybe and poisoned maybe op.

drpoplove

Super Saiyan and Stuff
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
Probably poison for me. It really messes up how I play.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I don't like Confusion and Paralysis.
It's harder to make attacks hit. Confusion usually faints my Pokemon.
Paralysis render all of them useless. I prefer Poisoning other trainer's Pokemon though~

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Confusion, who likes that annoying "Your pokemon" is confused, it hits itself in confusion, I mean, who would hit itself in confusion, at most, he will just miss the attack.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Lately it's been sleep. For some reason the accuracy of Hypnosis and Sleep Powder is like ridiculously high, and it takes forever to wake up.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Infatuation. As if its bad enough in real life to be forced to like someone, but in the pokemon games!? What really gets me mad is when its like a jynx or liepard using it cuz I hate those pokemon! It just really annoys me.

Years
Curse is my least favorite ailment or status condition because, it just never fails to creep me out when its used by ghost type Pokemon. Part of it being that there is a giant nail being driven into the users Pokemon, it disturbs me on many levels. The fact that my Pokemon also losses such a large amount of HP each turn is also distressing.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Paralysis. I'd say Infatuation, but it has the same rate of effect as Paralysis and Paralysis can happen to everything and isn't dependent on gender, and it's also more common, so I'll go with Paralysis. I just can not have something paralyzed and keep using it unless I heal it. CAN NOT.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
Well, ailments on their own never seem to annoy me, in fact I get pretty lucky. I can count on one hand through five generations how much infatuation has affected me.

However, when there's multiple, there lies the problem. A paralysis, leech seed, infatuation and confusion is the worst I've had, and it's quite often as well. I have a tendency not to heal outside battles or to not switch, so paralysis affects me greatly, as does leech seed and the rest when it's used.

Back