• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Every time I try to do the quick install I get an exception "undefined instruction" Current Process: kujira-1. Any idea what is causing this? Is it because I'm on a European 3DS? The game runs if I remove the code.bin, but I don't know what impact that has on things. I've also checked there's no updates installed.

Really hyped to play this!

Your 3DS region shouldn't matter (mine is a PAL model so that's definitely not the issue here), which version of the hack are you trying to install? I'm not familiar with that error, but it's probably a problem with the files, I'll have to test them out. Could be I've put the wrong code.bin in one of the versions or something.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 11, 2022
Would it be possible to get the Pokemon changes as a spreadsheet? It's easier to read for me, but don't bother if you don't already have one for yourself

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Would it be possible to get the Pokemon changes as a spreadsheet? It's easier to read for me, but don't bother if you don't already have one for yourself

I don't have a spreadsheet, but I do have most of the changes in a format like this if that's any better.
CQmhnet.png

Some changes aren't in this format, as this is from documentation for my unreleased USUM mod, but I'll likely update EXWY to match it some time anyway. I can upload the whole file if you'd like.

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
Hey, here's a question. You probably don't remember, but ages ago I got permission to use your hack as a base for my own. I'm still working on it! But now, well...
Are there any file differences between X and Y I'd need to know about? Or is it possible to use the same set for both, and just change the title IDs?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, here's a question. You probably don't remember, but ages ago I got permission to use your hack as a base for my own. I'm still working on it! But now, well...
Are there any file differences between X and Y I'd need to know about? Or is it possible to use the same set for both, and just change the title IDs?

I do remember that, glad to hear you're still working on it! Yeah, there are a few file differences. The .code file is different for each game, and so are the cro files (or at least the DllField.cro file). As far as I know, everything else (including the title screen file, oddly enough) is identical. You can use the same "a" folder for both versions.

Also, if you'd like to save yourself some time and use my documentation as a base too, I'm happy to send you the word files.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I've just updated the game to fix an issue with all four legal versions; apparently I'd somehow managed to include Pokemon type and stat changes in them, which was absolutely not intentional.

Last edited:
Years
Hi all,

Can we play this one in an android phone? I don't know if there is an 3DS working emulator.

Thanks!

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
I do remember that, glad to hear you're still working on it! Yeah, there are a few file differences. The .code file is different for each game, and so are the cro files (or at least the DllField.cro file). As far as I know, everything else (including the title screen file, oddly enough) is identical. You can use the same "a" folder for both versions.

Also, if you'd like to save yourself some time and use my documentation as a base too, I'm happy to send you the word files.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I've just updated the game to fix an issue with all four legal versions; apparently I'd somehow managed to include Pokemon type and stat changes in them, which was absolutely not intentional.

Sorry I took so long to reply! Kept forgetting.
But yeah, don't worry, I'm fine. I've come up with my own way to document the changes, so I don't need yours. I made documentation as the changes were made, so it was easy to keep track of.
It's all in .txt files, since after a reinstall I lost my current install of Microsoft Office and haven't bothered to get it back yet, but I think the format is easy enough to read.

As for the hacks themselves- well, there's a few particularly interesting features I suppose I might need input on. I'm just unsure- does anyone care enough to want spoilers and previews, or should I just save it all for the release?

The one thing that's most important to know about them is that the whole point of the hacks is that nothing Gamefreak did was sacred. I love them, but they've got balancing issues... so the point of my hacks is to completely rework a lot of things. I've tried to make as many Pokemon as I could unique and different, so many moves have been changed and Pokemon have sometimes gotten complete revamps.
It's kind of a purist's nightmare, heh. There won't be any legal versions, since that'd undermine the whole point.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi all,

Can we play this one in an android phone? I don't know if there is an 3DS working emulator.

Thanks!
Not yet, AFAIK XY still don't work on the PC 3DS emulator, so it'll be quite some time before it'll run on phones.

Sorry I took so long to reply! Kept forgetting.
But yeah, don't worry, I'm fine. I've come up with my own way to document the changes, so I don't need yours. I made documentation as the changes were made, so it was easy to keep track of.
It's all in .txt files, since after a reinstall I lost my current install of Microsoft Office and haven't bothered to get it back yet, but I think the format is easy enough to read.

As for the hacks themselves- well, there's a few particularly interesting features I suppose I might need input on. I'm just unsure- does anyone care enough to want spoilers and previews, or should I just save it all for the release?

The one thing that's most important to know about them is that the whole point of the hacks is that nothing Gamefreak did was sacred. I love them, but they've got balancing issues... so the point of my hacks is to completely rework a lot of things. I've tried to make as many Pokemon as I could unique and different, so many moves have been changed and Pokemon have sometimes gotten complete revamps.
It's kind of a purist's nightmare, heh. There won't be any legal versions, since that'd undermine the whole point.

Don't worry about the slow reply, I was away from home and couldn't reply anyway.
Personally I like to release something finished and then add more features if needed, but if you want feedback early there's nothing wrong with starting a thread. It certainly sounds like an interesting hack so far!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 12, 2018
Guys i know its possible to run x & y on citra but what about the ex & wy?
And if you can how can you actually do it?
I've searched a lot and still i cant find an answer

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Guys i know its possible to run x & y on citra but what about the ex & wy?
And if you can how can you actually do it?
I've searched a lot and still i cant find an answer

If XY runs now EXWY will run too. You can follow the old CFW installation guide on EXWY's google drive to build a .cia file of the game, and then convert that to a 3DS ROM for citra. There should be several tools around that can do the conversion.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is possible to aipom to get skill link? i only found with pickup and run away

Apparently not. It didn't have Tail Slap when I first released the hack, so I guess I didn't bother making it available. I'll swap Pickup and Skill Link so that it's an option in the rebalanced versions. Should have an update up shortly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
How I can update the game without deleting my save?

Note: Is possible to you make Tail Slap a Egg Move for Aipom, like in USUM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
How I can update the game without deleting my save?

Note: Is possible to you make Tail Slap a Egg Move for Aipom, like in USUM?

If you're using luma 3DS, just replace the mod's files on your SD card. Newer versions of EXWY will always be compatible with old saves because I haven't changed anything that affects save compatibility.

It is possible to make Tail Slap an Egg Move, but I've already made most USUM Egg Moves level up moves for convenience (Tail Slap Aipom and Ambipom included: they learn it at level 45). I'd prefer not to start editing Egg Moves at this point, as there have been quite a few new ones added from ORAS onwards, and it'd be quite time consuming to add them all.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
Another error (Sorry?) octillery is not learning recover? Because recover isn't in the level up moves in rebalanced version

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Another error (Sorry?) octillery is not learning recover? Because recover isn't in the level up moves in rebalanced version

Don't be sorry, I'm happy you're reporting these errors! They wouldn't get fixed otherwise. I've just updated the game to correct this; Octillery now learns Recover at level 44.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
my octillery still not learning recover -.- (and his stats looks a bit strange ,145 hp,90 attack,90 defense, 128 spa , 93 spd and 52 speed with modest nature and about 204 evs in spa and 140 in hp, 32 in attack, 24 in defense, speed and spded at level 44)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
my octillery still not learning recover -.- (and his stats looks a bit strange ,145 hp,90 attack,90 defense, 128 spa , 93 spd and 52 speed with modest nature and about 204 evs in spa and 140 in hp, 32 in attack, 24 in defense, speed and spded at level 44)

I've had a look into this, and I think I've found the problem: any Pokemon that has moves listed out of order in its level up moves won't be able to learn them. It's going to take a while to fix so many broken learnsets (this affects most of the new level up moves added in USUM), but I'll try to get it done as soon as I can.

Octillery's stats seem to be incorrect too, I'll fix them at the same time as the learnsets.

Sorry for the mess!

Back