• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Having an immunity isn't a requirement to be a Psuedo legendary Pokemon. The requirements are dual-typed, base stat total of 600, and part of a three stage line. So long as it fits those three it can be a psuedo legend.

That is an interesting coincidence that you found though.
That is an interesting coincidence...

Well a Grass/Electric with Levitate if GF wants to give them all an immunity :p

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Dolphin Pokemon?
My friend thinks Garchomp looks like a purple dolphin... so much so that he convinced me to name mine Dolphin.

It's quite interesting that every pseudo has an immunity...
Unfortunately, I am sure we will get a Fairy pseudo this time around, because in Gen II we got a rock/dark type and dark type was introduced in that generation.
I wonder if Fairy will be weak to dark or immune to it.
At least I hope it's not dragon/fairy, because while dragons are epic, they make up 4 out of 6 pseudos already.
Maybe fairy/dark or fairy/ice or fairy/ghost
Salt-the-Sloth said:
Then I guess it's possible that IF Noivern is a Psuedo Legendary, we could get another one?
I really, like REALLY hope Noivern isn't the only pseudo if he is, cause he's a pretty sorry looking pseudo.
His typing is -- Wait for it -- Dragon/Flying. No surprise there.
I'd like to see like an eagle pseudo or maybe a Phoenix.
It could be dragon/fire which would be like the mother of all offensive pokemon XD

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I don't think Noivern is a Pseudo, I think it'll be more along the lines of maybe Druddigon or Swablu/Altaria. As much as I love Dragon types, I do want something a bit more refreshing for a Pseudo, like Metagross (and Volcarona to some extent, almost being a pseudo stat-wise.) Someone mentioned a Phoenix, I think that'd be a cool idea. Would love another gen with two Pseudo's too, for the sake of diversity.

Maybe fairy/dark or fairy/ice or fairy/ghost

Fairy/Ghost is a combo I really want to see, and to have it as a Pseudo would be even better. So I'm all for that idea!

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I don't think Noivern is a Pseudo, I think it'll be more along the lines of maybe Druddigon

I never played Gen V, so I never really got the point of Druddigon. He has no evolutionary line, he was just like a stereotypical dragon.

Fairy/Ghost is a combo I really want to see, and to have it as a Pseudo would be even better. So I'm all for that idea!

What would the thing be? If clefairy ends up being a fairy type (which I have no clue why wouldn't) then perhaps Gengar would be retyped to Ghost/Fairy? maybe to confirm our conspiracies? Although I don't see that happening.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I never played Gen V, so I never really got the point of Druddigon. He has no evolutionary line, he was just like a stereotypical dragon.
It had no point. It was just there for the sake of being there. Nothing entirely special about it.

What would the thing be? If clefairy ends up being a fairy type (which I have no clue why wouldn't) then perhaps Gengar would be retyped to Ghost/Fairy? maybe to confirm our conspiracies? Although I don't see that happening.

There's no way they'll be re-typing Gengar. It's already perfect as it is. There was a rumor circling around a few months back about the retypings, and I remember Misdreavus/Mismagius getting a secondary Fairy typing. Although I wouldn't necessarily mind, I would much rather see a brand new Pokemon get the typing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
There was a rumor circling around a few months back about the retypings, and I remember Misdreavus/Mismagius getting a secondary Fairy typing. Although I wouldn't necessarily mind, I would much rather see a brand new Pokemon get the typing.

I guess maybe they will come up with a new pokemon design. I really hope that all the fairy types aren't pink though. Almost all the fairies revealed to us so far have been pink. I mean, no type has been this stereotypical this far. Even Dragon has Altaria and Dragonite.
Speaking of which, I hope Fennekin is NOT a fairy type at its final evo.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I guess maybe they will come up with a new pokemon design. I really hope that all the fairy types aren't pink though. Almost all the fairies revealed to us so far have been pink. I mean, no type has been this stereotypical this far. Even Dragon has Altaria and Dragonite.
Speaking of which, I hope Fennekin is NOT a fairy type at its final evo.

What makes you think it'll be Fairy? Isn't the general idea that it'll evolve into a Fire/Psychic type? That's what I'd like to see.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
What makes you think it'll be Fairy? Isn't the general idea that it'll evolve into a Fire/Psychic type? That's what I'd like to see.
I just feel like they would try to milk the fairy type as much as possible. Gen II didn't have any Dark or Steel starters, so I guess they won't here.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Foxes have several similarities in Eastern Asian myth with European fairies, being shapeshifters and tricksters. So I guess it is possible that Fennekin will be Fire/Fairy.

Years

I would actually love if this happened. Still, Gengar is the "Shadow Pokemon" so it would've made more sense if it was retyped to Ghost/Dark, but they never did that so I doubt they'd do it with Fairy. I don't think they'll change any Pokemon that is already Dual-typing, as they didn't show any through the E3 trailer, but who knows?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I would actually love if this happened. Still, Gengar is the "Shadow Pokemon" so it would've made more sense if it was retyped to Ghost/Dark, but they never did that so I doubt they'd do it with Fairy. I don't think they'll change any Pokemon that is already Dual-typing, as they didn't show any through the E3 trailer, but who knows?

Yeah but the other thing is, during evolution, some pokemon lose one of their dual types (like Pupitar losing Ground for Dark) and although this has nothing to do with evolution, it still may be possible to lose one of the types.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is has been a while since the last time someone posted in this thread. So I thought I would bring it back once again. I know I have asked this somewhere in here, but I have no idea where. So here we go.

What do you want the fossil pokemon to be based of in this game? Two fossil pokemon I would love to see are stegosaurus and ankylosaurus based pokemon. Those are two dinos we have not yet seen in the game.

I don't want to see another Water/Rock Fossil, at least not for a while. I would love to see a Rock/Fairy dino and maybe a Rock/Dark. But I do not know of any dinos that could fit either one. I guess they could make a Velociraptor as a Rock/Dark.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I would like a Fossil trio where you have the 2 normal fossil you can choose and a third which is Standalone like Aerodactyl, I would want a Spinosaurus and T-Rex fossil don't know about the Standalone.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also wouldn't mind having a fossil trio. I also wouldn't mind the 3rd being a standalone.

Another type combination that I do not think is in the game yet is Fighting/Electric. I for one love fighting type pokemon. I also wouldn't mind an Electric/Ice type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Well I think the Fossil base type is Rock would need some Rock combo the Standalone could be Rock/Dragon or Rock/Fairy. For now we got 3 Rock/Water, 2 Rock/Flying, 1 Pure Rock, 1 Rock/Steel, 1 Rock/Grass and 1 Rock/Bug.

The only combo with rock not used are with Dragon, Fairy, Normal, Electric, Poison, Ice and Ghost.

Crashguy2

Extreme Pokemon Enthusiast
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
I'd like a plain Ghost-type Humanoid, or a Ghost-type Eevee.
I think that most of the ghosts look kinda monstrous, and that there needs to be a couple more ghost types without bizarre features.

A Ghost-eevee could be all cool and shadow-y. It doesn't have to be dead to be a ghost, and I would hope that it doesn't need anything special. Maybe it could even be the size of Eevee! I think that would be pretty cool.

A Humanoid Ghost could be more like Gardevoir or Gallade. Once again... shadow-y... and stuff...

Back