• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Discovery! NOW RECRUITING!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years

eeveetit.gif

This is a RUBY hack.
6rYGEYI.png

....................Hello everyone, I am General Faroh of Team Discovery aka PDT. I am creating this thread not as the creator of Pokemon: Discovery, but as PDT's co-leader. I provide beta testing, ideas, resources, and now more recently I am running the Team Discussions thread. This thread is being created because PDT is seeking interested members who are looking to be apart of a team that wants to see it's project grow into something everyone can love.
....................The story in itself, will be original and never before attempted, along with many different plot elements to twist the story into a hack that will leave you wanting more! It will have you wondering what will be next, what choices will be presented to you, and most importantly: which choices will you make and how will it affect you and the gameplay in the long-run? Now all that's left is to figure out if Pokemon: Discovery is for you and if you qualify to be apart of PDT.

BLgBglP.png

The following application form is set to see if you meet the standards of PDT. However, do not feel the need to overkill it since this is an application for a hack team not for a major corporation position. You may PM me or Pokemon: Discovery creator Le Pug the application form or you may post it here in the thread.

Code:
Position(s) seeking:
Code:
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Past experience:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Skills:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted):[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Time Zone:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Availability:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Contact Information:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Segoe UI]Short Autobiography: [/FONT][/SIZE]

Z5yzAxZ.png

This is the list what we need and of those who are currently working on Pokemon: Discovery

What we currently need:

ASM Coder x 3
Creative Thinker (Ideas) x
Chapter Writer x 1
Helper (with anything from running programs to rating images) x
Sapper (aka Music Editor) x
Resourcer (providing valuable information or images WITH permission) x
Tileset Creator x

Team Members and Positions
Team Leader / Writer / Spriter / Tiles / Scriptwriter: Le pug
Co-leader: General Faroh
Spriter: Ace Master of Turtles
Spriter: Calamitastrophe
Spriter / Beta Tester: Ziposaki
Beta Tester: Flamebot
Beta Tester: ElitePokes
Beta Tester / Helper: Sider

zX0Na5h.png

Well you're going to want to know what you're working on, right? First of all, if you'd like to see the main thread, click HERE.

Story

You're an enlisted sailor in the SS Navy. Aboard the SS Eclipse, over six thousand sailors are heading to an uncharted landmass where several SS Navy vessels have gone missing. The night before, you spent a night out with the pals before

going on your first deployment on the SS Eclipse. Still sobering up, you head out of your barracks to start working.

After an encounter with the Chief of the Boat, Chief Hesarg, he explains to you the legends of "POKéMON".

After gathering an artifact that Chief Hesarg personally gifted to you, the ship experiences an unfortunate series of events:
the SS Eclipse is attacked and sank by an unknown phenomenon.
You wake up on the beaches of the uncharted land with just a few other survivors.
With hundreds lost at sea and thousands more missing in action, you start your search for other survivors who might've
ended up elsewhere on the land. It's not until you hear screams from the forests and stumble across an unknown species willing to kill for food that you truly understand the dangers of being on an uncharted faraway land.

Progression and Projects

18.5 / 100 %

Still inserting more tilesets, still have maps to do, sprite inserts, music changes, etc.

Working on implementing our LOW system (refer HERE for details)

Working on possibly implementing a food ration system

Need to insert titlescreen image

ArrTiHf.png

• New hero / heroine sprites

• New POKéMON trainer sprites

• New opposing team known as Renegade Company with custom sprites

• New custom updated POKéMON sprites

• Many new or updated tiles

• Food ration system
• Level of Will (LOW): Reputation of the player (Good or Bad on a scale of 0-10)
• Safari-styled battle for starter POKéMON
• Many new items, including food rations which you will need to survive
• Storyline alters to the choices you make
• Difficulty increased
• Money is scarce on an uncharted land therefore money is harder to obtain
• Usage of few Gen IV-V POKéMON
• Usage of all Gen I-III legendary POKéMON, including some secret legendary FAKéMON
• More features that you'll have to discover on your own!

FQw0qYc.png

You are allowed to use any or all of the following banners, badges, or affiliation material.

picture.php

Contributed by Vicktor Black

EZlhKr2.png

Contributed by Le pug

PXBtSzk.png

Contributed by Le pug

MQLrB.gif

Contributed by Le pug

For downloads, credits, programs used, bugs, updates, and more visit the main thread HERE

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
All this spriting that we're doing is taking up any map-making time T_T

If there are any pre-evo's or evos you'd like to see just post a list or so, I'll see what I can do.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
All this spriting that we're doing is taking up any map-making time T_T

If there are any pre-evo's or evos you'd like to see just post a list or so, I'll see what I can do.
I know.

Um, at least in my opinion, I think we have the pre-evo's and evos covered.

To anyone else who wants to join, after you fill in your application, try to make a list of what fakemon pre-evo's and evo's you want.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Position seeking: Spriter
Past experience: Spriting since D/P
Examples: (scratches)
ezimba14535961321200.gif
ezimba14535987400200.gif

Time Zone: GMT -7
Availability: A lot. I have a lot of free time. When classes start, though, I'll only be available from 2:00 PM and later. I'm also not available for a large portion of Saturday.
Contact information: Here would be best, since I rarely check e-mails and such.
Autobio: Like I said, I've been spriting since around D/P. I don't know exactly when, but that sounds like a good estimate. I've always wanted to make a hack, but there's so much to learn. So I came here to help others with theirs instead.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
Position seeking: Spriter
Past experience: Spriting since D/P
Examples: (scratches)
ezimba14535961321200.gif
ezimba14535987400200.gif

Time Zone: GMT -7
Availability: A lot. I have a lot of free time. When classes start, though, I'll only be available from 2:00 PM and later. I'm also not available for a large portion of Saturday.
Contact information: Here would be best, since I rarely check e-mails and such.
Autobio: Like I said, I've been spriting since around D/P. I don't know exactly when, but that sounds like a good estimate. I've always wanted to make a hack, but there's so much to learn. So I came here to help others with theirs instead.

Images look great, I'll send you a PM now. Thanks for taking an interest in Pokemon: Discovery!

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Past experience: Eh uh..... none really just side work on my own project which will be a side project if i get THAT far
Skills: Spriting and Some mapping if you need that
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): can i email them o whoever wants to see them , i'm pretty good not amazing but i have been doing sprite work for about a year
Time Zone: EST
Availability: I can work very often about 1-3 hours a day depending on the day
Contact Information: PM and email
Short Autobiography: Um I'm a pokemon fan who enjoys classic game better than new (i do like new games though i really do!) I'm private about personal info I like spriting and emulation on gen 3 games (that i own! i'm not a pirate!) In chat i like using emoticons :D (i also like putting things in parenthasses) oh and on a scale of serious to can't take anything seriously i'm a jokester

Last edited:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
This is just a tip for the team, get a few beta testers so that you can just get some screen shoots and bugs/glitches reposted. They are very important for the team, get around 3 of them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Position(s) seeking: Creative Thinker, Proof Reader, Chapter Writer
Past experience: College Creative Writing courses and other English courses
Skills: Excellent writer, proof reader, and creative thinker
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): I don't have any links, but I can post some samples at the bottom.
Time Zone: Central Time Zone
Availability: A few hours every day
Short Autobiography: In my free time I write, read, and play some hacks. Otherwise I am going to college for an Associates Degree, taking mostly English classes. I tend to be the proof reader of papers.

Samples:
Imagery of a man's anger and sadness as he mourns the loss of his sibling:
"A Sibling", he paused, "but I was not aware that he would slip into a coma this day." Blue anger caulked inside the pores of his lead bones, setting up and hardening into sloppy bubbles. Overstuffed the emotion popped out of his bones. It spilled over into his tissues and sinews, sealing them with blue venom.

I can give more information if I am considered, including examples. I am very, very excited for the project.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Please don't post in threads like this which have been inactive for over a month.

General Pharaoh, if you would like this thread reopened, please feel free to notify DrFuji, giradialkia, or myself and we will take care of it.

Edit: Unlocked at user's request.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Thank you Karatekid552
Okay, so Team Discovery really needs some people in the ASM/Debugger department, so if any of you have really good ASM skills and you want to help out with the hack, please do.

Le pug

Years
Past experience: Eh uh..... none really just side work on my own project which will be a side project if i get THAT far
Skills: Spriting and Some mapping if you need that
Experience example(s) (links or pictures accepted): can i email them o whoever wants to see them , i'm pretty good not amazing but i have been doing sprite work for about a year
Time Zone: EST
Availability: I can work very often about 1-3 hours a day depending on the day
Short Autobiography: Um I'm a pokemon fan who enjoys classic game better than new (i do like new games though i really do!) I'm private about personal info I like spriting and emulation on gen 3 games (that i own! i'm not a pirate!) In chat i like using emoticons :D (i also like putting things in parenthasses) oh and on a scale of serious to can't take anything seriously i'm a jokester

Sorry, didn't see your post but we spoke on IRC chat. Welcome to the team!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
So, we need some overworld spriters, if any of you want to help with this hack and can provide overworld sprite skills, please tell Le Pug and/or I if you do. Thanks!

Back