• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucerne trandain
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Ahh nice to know I can play it on my ds lite. By the way, is Gible findeable in this game with a dw ability?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ahh nice to know I can play it on my ds lite. By the way, is Gible findeable in this game with a dw ability?

As far as it's known so far, no. However, Alder's grandson will give you a Shiny Gible after defeating him. It will have Sand Veil, though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
Yesterday I connected normally to Dream World ...
But today when i connect to DW , it says like this (attachment file) ...
Does someone have the same problem ?
Can someone who knows Japanese translate it for me ? ...
Thankss

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Best Prices for B2/W2

Does anyone have suggestions on the best places internet or otherwise to get the best prices when the games come out?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
As far as it's known so far, no. However, Alder's grandson will give you a Shiny Gible after defeating him. It will have Sand Veil, though.

Just going to add to this, apparently if you're playing White 2, you'll get a shiny Dratini instead. Yet to be officially confirmed since no one is playing White except me. ):

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Does anyone have suggestions on the best places internet or otherwise to get the best prices when the games come out?
Merged with the Help thread. On that note... that partly depends on where you live, as well as stores and what they want to do at the time. It's actually rather hard to predict which place will sell it for cheapest when it does come out. Just check store catalogues (both printout and internet) when the release date approaches, whenever that may be.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

When the games come out pretty much all retail is going to be the same because the Prices are set by Nintendo.

All Stores will be $34.99 like they are with all Pokemon games baring HeartGold and SoulSilver which were $39.99 because of the Pokewalker.

Only physical store that will be lower than that price is Wal-Mart and their price will be either $34.90 or $34.96.

Online you face roughly the same issue. Even if they list it as $29.99 they will up charge shipping and handling so you'd end up paying $40-$45 for the game and they make a small profit before they add tax based on where you live.

I wouldn't order cause where I live Tax is 10% and its actually cheaper for me to drive to work and pick up a copy from there cause the city I work in's Tax is 8% and I won't get charged $10-$15 Shipping for a game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Just going to add to this, apparently if you're playing White 2, you'll get a shiny Dratini instead. Yet to be officially confirmed since no one is playing White except me. ):
I officially confirm this ;)
Screenshot as a proof:
(Resized for better view and it's pretty big so it's in spoiler)
Spoiler:

Well... I wanted to have Garchomp but oh well... maybe the first flaw I could find on White 2 =) Still doesn't make me play Black 2 in English =D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Does that Dratini have Marvel Scale?
Unfortunately it's like Requility said... As Gible in Black 2, Dratini also doesn't have its hidden ability (which is pretty weird since almost every Pokémon we get has hidden ability)

And I don't know if it's been mentioned but you need to clear 10 areas in the Skyscraper to get to Banjiro and then visit him in Alder's house :D

Years
RE: Game Sync & Dream World

Some Pokemon in my legend box showed as transparent when tucking in for today. On hover over and selecting, it mentions that the Pokemon was not tired right now. Odd thing is that I don't think it has always been this way.

What gives?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Tornadus, thundurus, landorus, and kyurem cannot be put to sleep possibly due to future dream world events to come.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is it possible to transfer Pokemon from previous games to B2/W2? Lol.

Yes. After a certain point, most likely after beating the E4 and Champion, you unlock the PokeTransfer just like in B/W. You can also trade with B/W after you beat Cheren and get your C-gear.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
where can I get a fire stone to evolve my growlithe or is it just random dust clouds in caves?
If you have Black 2 and have access to Black city you may be able to find a fire stone there to buy if you have enough people. Other than those two methods there isn't really another way other than to get one from Dream world or trading.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Just use the Dowsing Machine in every area you go to. I had at least 2 Fire Stones before I beat the E4, none from dust clouds. (before I got to the 7th gym at that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back