• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Headbutt

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hey guys!

Do any of you ever use the Headbutt feature on the trees in HGSS? Do you like this feature? I think its pretty cool.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Used it only to get myself a Heracross but other than that never really used it outside of battle.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
It's pretty cool, but I don't use it too often out of battle or in battle as it's a weak attack and I always choose what 6 pokemon I'm going to use before I play and none of them were in trees xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I used it relatively frequently when I wanted Heracross and Pineco > Forretress for my team. I didn't use it much in battle to be honest, as I found it to be pretty weak, but it was useful outside of battle that's for sure.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Headbutt, what a wonder it is <33. I particularly didn't like it later in the game, where as a battle move it didn't do much to my opponents, but in the early game it was also a useful battle move with that extra flinch chance thrown in :D.

I loved this feature so much :333, it was definitely better than the Honey Tree one which I found tedious and a bit irritating at times, waiting. Never mastered how to do it XD;. It was so much simpler, just walk up to a tree and let your Pokemon do the magic :). The Pokemon you could get were brilliant, especially ones like Heracross and Natu, they made great team members :).

So I definitely loved the headbutt feature <3.

Years
I liked this feature, especially the Pokemon you can catch.

However, I only taught it to a Pokemon that I then made my Headbutt slave. The flinch effect the move does is kinda helpful in battle, and it was more convenient than the honey in D/P/Pt.

Years
I always loved the concept of Headbutt all the way back to Gold and Silver, but I just never used it at all. The only Pokemon that I might have bothered looking for in the trees was Heracross, but I had a Shiny one waiting to be transferred from Sapphire, so I just forgot about it. But I do have to agree that I much preferred Headbutt to using Honey (don't think I bothered with it even once).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I did use headbutt on the trees for to capture the Pokemon that were found only on the trees. Now I caught them all^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Headbutt alone on a Pokemon wasn't bad by this point in the game, and this feature made it cooler. However, my search for a Heracross still haunts me to this day.

Years
The feature is also in G/S/C, and yes I did for a Heracross. Well worth it if you ask me. Other than that, unless you want to catch Pineco, spearow, or aipoms, it's really not that useful

Years
I've used it a lot! Some of my favorite Pokemon could be caught by Headbutting trees so it's something I pretty much always have to do every time I play through HG/SS.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I really liked the Heracross and Pineco I could get from there, so I often used it. And unlike the Honey in D/P/Pt, it didn't take a day to find a pokemon. Not only that, but at the point in the game where the tutor is, most of my pokemon had weaker moves than Headbutt, so I taught it for that reason too.

Back