• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm playing hookie today!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Never for work, no~

For school I "skipped" some of my early classes like Lifedrawing and Layout.. but I would attend the later classes or attend the class later in the week. I always did extra lifedrawing and the teachers were the same and knew me so it didn't really matter. I don't really even consider it skipping.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
Neither. I take attendance and punctuality very seriously in school and at work. I go to school/work with a cold or headache. I've only called in sick when I have a stomach virus and/or vomiting.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I can truly say that I never skipped a class while in high school, and as far as my college career goes, I have never purposely skipped a class, either.

If I am sick, however, and it's to the point where I cannot even function properly, then I'll miss class and stay at home. Other than that, though, I go to class each and everyday, which I don't mind doing because I actually like school. :D

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have skipped a class, though it was the first time I had skipped, and it was a pretty important class, that class being Biology, so I've never done it to a closer-to-a-core class like that again. I do it to laid back classes such as Robotics/Pre-Engineering (on a day I know will be 'lazy') and it's simply because I don't feel like attending.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm Mr 100% Attendance at work. I am the reliable one that comes in and covers shifts when needed. I have taken four unscheduled days off in nearly four years of working at my job.

God that makes me sound so boring lmao.

Yoshihiko

Moved back to SNOR(es)LAX
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 30, 2013
If I am in school, I won't skip class, the discipline in Asian schools is beyond extreme, but if theres something important tomorrow, and I want to skip it, I would just pretend to fall sick and there you go, instant skipping of a day in school!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I basically had a goal to use up all my absentee hours by the end of the year, even if I didn't have a serious reason to. I passed, and that's all that matters. Even if its with a D.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I skipped all the time in the 11th grade to the point where I failed English because I didn't want to do any of the work.

Thankfully I learned from that and don't really skip much anymore.

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
Years
I skipped way too many classes in high school. Sometime I would even be in the parking lot and it would just take one of my friends to say "I dont feel like going in" and we'd all just leave. I made some great memories but I didnt really get to enjoy my senior year because I had to work my butt off to graduate on time. I take the occasional day off at college but its not that serious.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I used to skip school from time to time not often though, my parents would make me go to school when I was sick, unless it was really contagious or something. I would occasionally call out of work too( I hated my job) again not often and I would drag myself through work when sick as well rather than call in sick.

Back