• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Put Pokemon Red|Blue|Yellow on DSi/3DS eShop?

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Hey everyone I just wanted to share something with you all. I am a big fan of the original Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow versions and I know Nintendo released a re-make, but you cannot play the originals or remakes on the current DSi or 3DS hardware so I figured instead of selling hard copies of the games they could put them on the eShop for the DSi and/or 3DS for say $15.00 each. Of course it will still be in 2D and still look like the originals.

You would have the option to buy Red, Blue, Yellow, and the remakes individually for $15.00 or buy them all for $50.00. The $50.00 bundle would be selling them for $10 each. *prices could change. These prices are made-up for theoretical purposes only*

I personally would love this to happen so I can play these games on the go, instead of on my emulator. I unfortunately lost my physical copies through moving around a lot as a kid. So the questions I have for everyone here is:

1. Would you like for this to happen? why or why not.
2. Also which version would you buy or would you get the bundle?

*Everyone interested in seeing these Pokemon classics return please sign this Petition and spread the word fast! Thank you in advance! *

Last edited:

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
1. Would not want, it's hard enough for the 3ds to emulate DS games, gba games are unplayable unless it's off a flash drive as far as I know, so having gb games would be a massive challenge.
2. Would not buy, I can get roms for them, why pay $15 for each..

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
I'd not get any, time hasn't been good to them. R/B/Y only has some nostalgia factor overshadowed by the numerous issues that plague them.
They don't really have that much to redeem themselves, the gameplay is extremely shallow compared to even G/S/C. The graphics even for its time are nothing to write home about and the story is almost nonexistent.
What it had going for it back then was its innovative idea that is hardly new anymore, and the ever-present social aspect in trading and battling.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
I would like to play these games. I never got a chance to play these games in there glory days. I would like to play these games. Old things always go to waste when new things come out,but people should bring them back. If it's old, but you haven't played it then it's like new to you. That why I think it's a good idea. They should expand the pokedex by adding in generations 2-5 Pokemon in the game to make it up to date. They should still keep the story line and graphics.

Last edited:

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
1. Would not want, it's hard enough for the 3ds to emulate DS games, gba games are unplayable unless it's off a flash drive as far as I know, so having gb games would be a massive challenge.
2. Would not buy, I can get roms for them, why pay $15 for each..

Thank you for your input :)

1. It may be a challenge, but there are so many other games on the eShops that are just as simple design wise that I don't think it would be impossible to have done.

2. Yes you can get roms, but you cannot connect with people unless you play PokeMMO and you cannot go places with the emulator unless you have a laptop everwhere you go. Roms are a simple solution, but take away some of the core connection aspects the original games have/had. The $15.00 price tag is so Nintendo can make some money off the releases and its 50% off of the original price tag of the originals.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
Why don't they just rerelease it as a 3DS game with generations 2-6 Pokemon into the game to make it appeal towards a younger audience. The game would still have the same Graphics and storyline and everything else. They could make it 20$ and call it a deal.

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Why don't they just rerelease it as a 3DS game with generations 2-6 Pokemon into the game to make it appeal towards a younger audience. The game would still have the same Graphics and storyline and everything else. They could make it 20$ and call it a deal.

That could work, but some may just want to play only Generation 1 (151 pokemon) which was the Red, Blue and Yellow. $20.00 is a great deal for the consumer, but its questionable for the company.

There are many match ups and price variations that we and the company could come up with, but in the end the company needs to make a profit which can result to a high price depending on all the products distributed.

Either way though if I could play the classics on the go on my DSi or 3DS I would pay for it because it is a piece of my childhood and it would give people who never had the chance to play these games the ability to.

If we can have classic Atari games why can't we have classic Pokemon? Lol that's how I see it at least :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
You should just call up Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and ask them about it they might be able to help.

The Atari games are just arcade games. Pokemon are full out Storyline games with a purpose. You could still try. Everybody needs encouragement

Last edited:

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
You should just call up Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and ask them about it they might be able to help.

The Atari games are just arcade games. Pokemon are full out Storyline games with a purpose. You could still try. Everybody needs encouragement

I will do my best to get in contact with them :)
In the meantime though I created a petition for this!
I had to edit my first post to include the link since I didn't make more than 15 posts lol. So the link is at the end of my first post. It will be underlined and in bold saying petition.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018

wot

The 3DS does not emulate DS games, and even the GBA can emulate GB games easily.

Back