• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
Liquid Crystal vs Crystal Dust
Liquid Crystal
Pros
-Have a complete jotho and kanto (I really love battling Red)
-Jotho's location are more logical where you can surf from cianwood to cherrygroove and goldenrod
-Added event for Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, and completed event for Ho-Oh and Lugia
-Some extra story with new characters
Cons
-Extra story and sidequest might not appealing to those looking for nostalgia

Crystal Dust
Pros
-Based on emerald (moving pokemon sprite)
-Buildings light up at night
-Awesome intro video
-Sticking with original Pokemon Crystal story and quest
Cons
-Not completed yet, only to some parts of kanto

Liquid Crystal vs Shiny Gold
Liquid Crystal
Pros
-Day, night, & seasons
-Completed jotho and kanto
-Extra story with new characters
-Same as the above
Cons
-Same as the above

Shiny Gold
Pros
-Have a working calling feature
Cons
-Only completed to some parts of kanto, can't battle Red yet
-Don't have day/night or even time system
-Still have fire red's log journal when loading save
-Don't have physical/special split??(still needs confirmation)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
chaos_evoys, thanks for the description.

So it sounds like Liquid Crystal is the only hack with a complete base Crystal quest, but with added extras? Is it the only gba hack out there that offers the original Crystal experience in it's entirety, then?

From the LC page, the game almost sounds like it will never actually be "finished", with new content being added all the time.. Kind of like an mmorpg, I guess.

But is the content at this point essentially complete, in the sense you can do everything there is in this version of the game? Or will you run into quests that can't be completed?

Last edited:
Years
chaos_evoys, thanks for the description.

So it sounds like Liquid Crystal is the only hack with a complete base Crystal quest, but with added extras? Is it the only gba hack out there that offers the original Crystal experience in it's entirety, then?

From the LC page, the game almost sounds like it will never actually be "finished", with new content being added all the time.. Kind of like an mmorpg, I guess.

But is the content at this point essentially complete, in the sense you can do everything there is in this version of the game? Or will you run into quests that can't be completed?
I guess LC is the only one that offers the experience in it's entirety.. The added extras are a good addition too.. After all, I'm looking for a new experience in playing rom hack..

The content up to kanto region is complete.. There are no quest that cannot be completed up to kanto.. After kanto, there are the orange island and the orange island league, but this area isn's completed yet..

Last edited:

Door2Dawn

Iron fist
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
Hey I just want to say thank you for making Pokemon liquid Crystal and it means a lot to many people including me, that others can play this on the GBA.

Second of all, (I know I might get scolded for this) I can't open the hack with the Enciclopedia tool to edit ev's and iv's. I know, that it's selfish but Gen 3 made me a case of OCD when it comes to ev's and iv's now. I don't know why it doesn't open though

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
Years
I've played the last beta till the end and I can swear you this is the best Pokémon Hack ever. Not only for the story, which is almost the same to the one of the original versions, but for all the little details that makes it awesome.

I've beaten the Masters Dojo, and all my team is Lvl 100, but I haven'tn completed it yet (more than 130 hours playing), so I'd like if someone could help me; I want to know where to get all the starters (I have the Jotho's and Kanto's but nothing about Hoenn's) and some legndary, they are: Mewtwo (I took the DNa sample from the Cerulean Cave, but anything else), Mew, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Celebi, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

If someone can help me I would be appreciated :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
I've played the last beta till the end and I can swear you this is the best Pokémon Hack ever. Not only for the story, which is almost the same to the one of the original versions, but for all the little details that makes it awesome.

I've beaten the Masters Dojo, and all my team is Lvl 100, but I haven'tn completed it yet (more than 130 hours playing), so I'd like if someone could help me; I want to know where to get all the starters (I have the Jotho's and Kanto's but nothing about Hoenn's) and some legndary, they are: Mewtwo (I took the DNa sample from the Cerulean Cave, but anything else), Mew, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Celebi, Rayquaza and Deoxys.

I'm pretty sure its not possible to get Heonn starters or for that matter, any 3rd gen pokemon. After all, it didn't exist in 2nd gen and to add them would be breaking the tradition of this ROM sticking as close to the Originial Pokemon crystal (minus the Orange Islands :p )

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure its not possible to get Heonn starters or for that matter, any 3rd gen pokemon. After all, it didn't exist in 2nd gen and to add them would be breaking the tradition of this ROM sticking as close to the Originial Pokemon crystal (minus the Orange Islands :p )
I believe only Mudkip is aviliable for right now, and yes Pokemon from Gen III are indeed in this game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
I believe only Mudkip is aviliable for right now, and yes Pokemon from Gen III are indeed in this game.

Really? Ah well. Couldn't care less. Liquid Crystal is one of the most thoroughly done hacks on this forum and that's what makes it so enjoyable :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
I am at the orange islands and I got the GS ball! But when I try and use the underwater subway thing it let's me walk down the stairs but then it glitches me out and makes me walk through the wall beside the train :( help

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
Dont know if this was a known issue, but i just solved the first unown puzzle, and after catching the first two that appear as a result, they glitch to all unown i encounter to being unown in the letter U shape. But when i view them in my party its actually shown in its "N" shape. Is there a fix for this?

Years
You can't... probably something new will be there...
Unlimited stairs FTW btw.

You can catch it but you need Groudon and Kyogre in your team with you.

Is it True?? I haven't tried. I 'll,but don't tell me a lie, because I have had them both in game. thanks

I have confirmed amazingcharizard's method..

Entei and raikou will roam in jotho after you catch suicune if I'm not mistaken.. Ho-oh will be available at tin tower after cathing all three legendary dogs and after talking to eusine in celadon.. Celebi is obtained at gs ball event..

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Can you please help me?? In the undersea express, when I try to get back to johto/kanto I go down the stairs but then it glitches out and makes me walk through the wall and I can't go any farther in the game :( I've restarted the game twice because of this and I don't want to keep doing it. (I have regice,regirock,registeel,Kyogre,groudon,latios,latias,suicune,and a level 100 typhlosion. Someone help me!!)

Years
Can you please help me?? In the undersea express, when I try to get back to johto/kanto I go down the stairs but then it glitches out and makes me walk through the wall and I can't go any farther in the game :( I've restarted the game twice because of this and I don't want to keep doing it. (I have regice,regirock,registeel,Kyogre,groudon,latios,latias,suicune,and a level 100 typhlosion. Someone help me!!)
1. What emulator you're using?
2. What version of the beta you're playing?
3. Are you using cheats?

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Just my luck, second e4 run and I'm on the last E4 member against his last Pokemon, Wobbuffet.
I threw out my 69 Shuckle without thinking about shadow tag
Worst battle ever

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
im currently stuck at the Ruins of Alph getting the Clear Bell. i found the room that takes me to new island, but when i walk on the tile, nothing happens. i reset the trainer battles in my room in NBT, but it reset the events as well, so im not sure if that affected it since i still got the voice telling me of the 3 legendary beasts and to go to the warp tile. please help! thanks

vers. 3.3

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
can someone help me?
i can't change my game date, it always on sunday..
so i can't TM finding mini games :(

Back