• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Well, there are already several countries that have a death penalty for being homosexual.

Nearly every country in Africa/The Middle East have some sort of criminal penalty for being Gay.

And South Africa is like a beacon of hope. lol

South Africa is actually very politically active in efforts to change the laws throughout Africa.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Well, there are already several countries that have a death penalty for being homosexual.

Nearly every country in Africa/The Middle East have some sort of criminal penalty for being Gay.

O_O

Seriously?! That's just ridiculous. Those who try to criminalize homosexuality are just sick, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I don't have much respect for them.

I just looked something up on one country I've heard of that criminalizes homosexuality: Uganda.

The legislation strengthens the criminalisation of homosexuality in Uganda by introducing the death penalty for people who are considered serial offenders, are suspected of "aggravated homosexuality" and are HIV-positive, or who engage in sexual acts with those under 18 years of age.[13] People who are caught or suspected of homosexual activity will be forced to undergo HIV tests; Ugandans who engage in same-sex sexual relations outside Uganda will likewise fall under the jurisdiction of this law, and may be extradited and charged with a felony. Furthermore, if passed, the bill will require anyone who is aware of an offense or an offender, including individuals, companies, media organisations, or non-governmental organisations who support LGBT rights, to report the offender within 24 hours. If an individual does not do so he or she is also considered an offender and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 "currency points" or imprisonment up to three years.

Source

This is totally ridiculous, in my opinion. According to the source, it hasn't yet been voted on, but it showed overwhelming support. *gags*

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

O_O

Seriously?! That's just ridiculous. Those who try to criminalize homosexuality are just sick, in my opinion. I'm sorry, but I don't have much respect for them.

I just looked something up on one country I've heard of that criminalizes homosexuality: Uganda.

Source

This is totally ridiculous, in my opinion. According to the source, it hasn't yet been voted on, but it showed overwhelming support. *gags*
Have you never seen the "eat da poo poo" video?

Just a few months ago I laughed my butt off at this. Now I just face palm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

I find it funny that every thing he mentions that Gays do is entirely possible for straight couples to do as well.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be obscenely offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

I find it funny that every thing he mentions that Gays do is entirely possible for straight couples to do as well.

Yes, I have seen that video. It's hilarious, admittedly, but I highly disagree with the message sent by it. I first saw it on Tosh.0.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
My first thought on this was "Didn't straight people invent those activities?"

Why would you think that? There's no valid reason to think any single group did it. They've all been around forever and both do it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
It was a joke. I don't know who invented it, but I do know it's not a gay-only thing.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w (Edit: I guess I should warn you that this may be offensive... so watch at your own risk. lol)

Was that on Tosh.0, lol. I think I watched that! I think that all countries supporting death penalty or prison sentencing for homosexuality should be embargoed and not be a part of our world, I do not want to celebrate the Olympics with despotic nations. lol. Let's just pray that Anne Coulter does not take over the U.S.! (I am sorry that I forget to include other nations other than the U.S all the time; Americans are so egocentric!)

The thing that really gets me is that male homosexuality is illegal and female homosexuality is legal in many countries!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I need to be more active here.

Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

Definitely. I love kids and I plan to have at least two (Adopting.) kids and if my partner and I want to discuss the possibility of more then we will.

I definitely cannot be in an open relationship. I want someone to be all mine and with no one else. :3

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
This has to be the most horrible story I've read tonight. I honestly don't think, even in the extremely sad circumstances you're facing, I'd be able to overcome the hurtful things she has said. You are far stronger than I am.

I'm really sorry to hear that she's soon to pass away, I can't even imagine. I know it sounds hollow and presumptuous coming from a stranger who is likely not even in the same country, but I'm here for you if you need me. :)

Thanks, I appreciate it :). I don't have any gay friends inrl so it's difficult if you are trying to get advice on an LGBT-specific issue.

Although the typical family is has straight parents, would you see yourself having a family and raising children (adopted or not, doesn't matter)? Or do you think that you will most likely just find a soul mate? Or do you see yourself single, with open relationships?

If I was with a guy, then I don't think I could see myself having kids / adopting them. I think that I would feel guilty that they wouldn't be brought up in a standard mother-father family & I'd feel terrible if they were to face any kind of prejudice / bullying because of me.

I would like to think that I will eventually find someone... despite not ever having had a boyfriend before... While an 'open' relationship seems to work okay for more casual scenarios, I think that at some point I would want a serious monogamous relationship.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
*pants, having run for twenty posts to catch up*

I cannot stand children. I don't want them anywhere near me, or, if it can be helped, within a 10-mile radius of me. There are no children in my future. Plus, OVERPOPULATION SCARES THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME so I won't be dropping another sucker into this mess.

I figured I can start post gay news again since someone else isn't.

NOOOOOO. Donchu go stealing my job away from me :( I'll be better I promise.

Thanks, I appreciate it :). I don't have any gay friends inrl so it's difficult if you are trying to get advice on an LGBT-specific issue.

You're very welcome! :)

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
*pants, having run for twenty posts to catch up*
I cannot stand children. I don't want them anywhere near me, or, if it can be helped, within a 10-mile radius of me. There are no children in my future. Plus, OVERPOPULATION SCARES THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME so I won't be dropping another sucker into this mess.
I'm so glad someone has the same opinion as me on kids. Just adding to what you said, I cant really stand having to talk to them on the phone when they call up my shop all too much either. Whenever I say this kind of thing to the people I associate with, they think I'm just being a jerk (I actually wanted to use another 4 letter word that starts with 'P' but I'm not sure on what the rules are about that kind of thing :P)

Last edited:
Years
The thing that really gets me is that male homosexuality is illegal and female homosexuality is legal in many countries!
Probably it's got a lot to do with weird ideas people have of women. I wouldn't be surprised if you found people who said women couldn't be gay. (People have weird ideas.) Or maybe it's because in some places women have a lot less freedom so there's never been a "problem" with women wanting to be with other women since they never had the freedom to live their own independent lives where they were out from under a man's view/control/whatever.

Oh, this makes me wonder:

If you support gay rights (and I'm assuming you do) do you also consider yourself a feminist?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
If you support gay rights (and I'm assuming you do) do you also consider yourself a feminist?

I'm a Feminine Eminem, a Slim Shady Lady~

No....?

Although I am in favor for equal rights for women (I don't why some aren't, because that's alienating more than half the freaking population of humans just because they've got different physical build and slightly different mental makeup) I'm not a feminist because I don't actively participate in the movement and I never have consitered myself to be one?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years

A bit. I'm probably much more belligerent than Kiyoshi ^.^ I don't take discrimination based on sex lightly and may possibly do something out of character because of it. My views also tend to favor what my lesbian friends believe in (as opposed to other groups) to the point that they consider me an "honorary lesbian" worthy of the title of "the lesbian in a man's body." It's quite an interesting image, but I'll take it as a compliment o.o

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm so glad someone has the same opinion as me on kids. Just adding to what you said, I cant really stand having to talk to them on the phone when they call up my shop all too much either. Whenever I say this kind of thing to the people I associate with, they think I'm just being a jerk (I actually wanted to use another 4 letter word that starts with 'P' but I'm not sure on what the rules are about that kind of thing :P)

I'm so glad someone else feels this way! I can only ever seem to find gay guys who want children, which is frustrating because there aren't that many gay guys to begin with and then adding to that that you don't want kids makes one that much harder to find. But yeah, REALLY hate kids.

Also, I didn't answer the question properly. I do see myself finding a soulmate and getting married etc. I just saw the part of the question about children and it made me fly into a rage :P

I'm sort of not understanding how one has that much to do with the other, but yeah I'm absolutely a feminist. Everybody should be equal. Everybody. Cept maybe the Jews. that was a joke, no hatemail please

Back