• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it.

Hrm, in reference to the difficulty issue, that's eliberate. I don't particularly want the starters to be too strong. I can see that they aren't that viable at the early stages but they do become more useful eventually. Ekans in particular gets quite a decent moveset, Grimer is generally quite strong offensively. I tend to use Koffing and have found it fine so far, I use it primarily as a sponge.

Thanks for pointing out the problems with the moves, I'll fix all of those ASAP. The Elemental Fangs surprised me, as I'd written the code for them myself, I must have used a wrong byte somewhere.

Also thanks for telling me about the double Ledyba. I'll change that too.

Growlithe learns pretty powerful moves from 30-49, Arcanine does learn Extremespeed at 49, but outside of that it won't learn much else. From memory, highlights from Growlithe's learnset are Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge, Crunch etc.

Mmm, so it's a pity that my Arcanine won't be able to learn such cool moves... Can you make it so that it learns them since a certain level, for example 40-45? Because it's almost imposible to keep Growlithe until high levels because it's weak, that made me evolve it soon, but now as an Arcanine it won't improve, and that's a pity.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Mmm, so it's a pity that my Arcanine won't be able to learn such cool moves... Can you make it so that it learns them since a certain level, for example 40-45? Because it's almost imposible to keep Growlithe until high levels because it's weak, that made me evolve it soon, but now as an Arcanine it won't improve, and that's a pity.

I'm basing it off Black 2 and White 2's moveset which has it like that. Actually from memory all the Pokemon games have had Arcanine with no moves at all after level 1 until Firered when he got Extremespeed. I plan on keeping it this way, and have done similar things to most stone evolution pokemon. You could always catch a new Growlithe and slap an exp. share on it? Because after the third gyms you can buy evolution stones.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
Hrm, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't really seen that many people unable to play it. Could you just walk me through your patching process? In case there's a mistake somewhere.[/QUOTE]

ok i was thinking i would just do it all over and now whenever i chose i want to plat pokemon apollo it says loaded battery what does that mean?

MrDollSteak

Years
Hrm, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't really seen that many people unable to play it. Could you just walk me through your patching process? In case there's a mistake somewhere.

ok i was thinking i would just do it all over and now whenever i chose i want to plat pokemon apollo it says loaded battery what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

It means that the game is loaded. Which means it is working. Are you able to play it yet?

Years
This is an awesome hack but PLEASE. PLEASE change your titlescreen.

L-look, I even made a substitute for you:

GOAGTzg.png

Seriously, that MSPaint-ed font REALLY bugs me.

But yeah apart from that this hack rock(et)s.

MrDollSteak

Years
Where can you buy evolution stones? I´ve finished Beta 0.3 and am looking for a Water Stone, where can I purchase one?

At the moment you can buy them either in the base underneath Lavender Town or in the Rocket Base in Celadon City. Once the next beta comes out you'll also be able to buy them in Saffron City!

This is an awesome hack but PLEASE. PLEASE change your titlescreen.

L-look, I even made a substitute for you:

Seriously, that MSPaint-ed font REALLY bugs me.

But yeah apart from that this hack rock(et)s.

Thanks alot for that actually!

I've always been meaning to change the text, I just never really got around to it :P

I'll give you credit for the font there. It's very good.

EDIT: I've had to change the size slightly, as it cut the sides of it off,
so the new titlescreen looks like this:

iXPPEly.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2013
It means that the game is loaded. Which means it is working. Are you able to play it yet?[/QUOTE]

YEAH its working omg this will be awesome im going to start now when im done i will tell you what i think of it

ok i am done with the game now(of what is done atleast) but i have seen some glitches when i entered the house in the mt.moon part a textbox poped up and said QAF for like 7 min and then i entered the house but i was a litle boy and was stuk in that sprite i couln't fight pokemon or trainers or talk to people thats the one glitch i had other then that the game is awesome keep up the good work and hoop there wont be too much problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
I just finished playing this Rocket-hack and it was really fun to play. Amazing hack, really creative and good tiles and so on. Keep going!:D

MrDollSteak

Years
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy this hack! I recorded it for my first Hack showcase. If you'd like to see, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iygyw63Z4

Ha! The video is hilarious.

Some of the comments you made are so true. The logic at the end is a tad flawed.
But eh, Pokemons not the most logical thing anyway!

I hope you continue playing and am glad and honored that you enjoyed and made a video about it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Hey I think I found a bug, not sure if it has been brought up yet, Crunch does not show a description of the move in the pokemon summary page. I noticed this when my ratticate got learned flame wheel and I was cycling through the moves

MrDollSteak

Years
Hey I think I found a bug, not sure if it has been brought up yet, Crunch does not show a description of the move in the pokemon summary page. I noticed this when my ratticate got learned flame wheel and I was cycling through the moves

Yeah some of the move descriptions are a little wonky. When I changed the move descriptions of the TMs they seemed to cross over into the surrounding moves which was a tad annoying. Hopefully this will be all done and dusted by the next beta. I've got bigger priorities at the moment though :P

I'll give this a try once this hack is finished since it sounds very interesting.

Thanks. That's good to hear. I'd personally recommend starting at the next beta, which will be the halfway mark and will be pretty polished in and of itself. Most pokemon will be in the level range of 40-50 which is pretty much where most vanilla games finish.

Soul Saint

Ghost~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I'm unsure if this was mentioned in another post, but Teleport isn't working properly. I used it and it sent me to the linked single-battle room(Map Bank 0, Map 0). I love what I've played of your hack thus far. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to future updates and the final version. Best of luck to ya! ^.^

Last edited:

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
This looks really promising. Keep up the good work. Also, do you need some userbars? If so, maybe I can make one for you. I am not that good but I'll try. :)

MrDollSteak

Years
This looks really promising. Keep up the good work. Also, do you need some userbars? If so, maybe I can make one for you. I am not that good but I'll try. :)

Thanks!

That would be great! I mean only if you feel like it or want to, I'm sure it'll be great.

I'm unsure if this was mentioned in another post, but Teleport isn't working properly. I used it and it sent me to the linked single-battle room(Map Bank 0, Map 0). I love what I've played of your hack thus far. Thanks for putting this together, I'm looking forward to future updates and the final version. Best of luck to ya! ^.^

Yeah this was a bug I'd found myself recently. It has something to do with JPAN's engine I believe, I think the original teleport script is somewhat wiped or works differently or something. I'll look into it more. Hopefully it should be simple and fixed for the next BETA.

I need the ups file for this game. Or ips

It's an .ips file, all my releases will be .ips just for future reference. I find that LIPS is a very handy and accurate patcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back