• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Valued Pokemon?

Shadow-L

Lonesome Road
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Dragonite has saved my a** so many times, it's not even funny. The multicale saves him from multiple KO's, and a DD or Choice Band set can do some real damage with outrage, even to those who resist it. A great choice so far.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
I haven't been much into competitive battling for a few months, but I do recall that my Rain Dance Kingdra would wreck havoc upon my opponent's pokemon, one turn to set up and it is such a force. Even in 3rd gen it can be a "bit" of a threat ;).

Years
I would have to go with my sl cloyster or guts conkeldurr. Both have been on my team since i started competitive battling. I can think of many battles with either of them as my leads and never having to switch out.Dragonite was my main beast for a long time but recently i switched for the massive Haxorus. 147 base attack is phenominal.

Machu Pichu

oddsoul.
Years
*grabs umbrella and prepares for incoming rage*

Even though my Def Dragonite, with it's amazing Multiscale, Roost, and DD combo, is usually the main dominatior of my team, I'd still have to say that my Hax Togekiss is the most valuable. Maxed out on defenses, with Heal Bell, Roost, Thunder Wave, and Air Slash, this thing will stop mostly anything in their tracks that isn't ground. Since I play Dual Screens, there isn't much that can take it down easily, that is, if they can even get an attack in. Most people think, BUT JIRACHI IS BETTER BECAUSE IT HAS BETTER TYPING AND BETTER STATS AND RESISTANCE TO STEALTH ROCK. Well, Jirachi, why don't you say hello to my Mamoswine's EQ? (then again, Mamo would destroy my Togekiss as well with Icicle Crash, but WHATEVER, cuz Mamo rapes everything anyway).

Years
So far, Heracross has been a ****ing ***hole to everybody. Unless theres a fire or flying type in the way, little Hera can whack and stab everyone out of the game with just one move

Megahorn.

Max Speed and Attack often outspeeds the majority of the opponent's whole team, and with a Choice Band, you're almost guaranteed that this thing will OHKO.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
So far, Heracross has been a ****ing ***hole to everybody. Unless theres a fire or flying type in the way, little Hera can whack and stab everyone out of the game with just one move

Megahorn.

Max Speed and Attack often outspeeds the majority of the opponent's whole team, and with a Choice Band, you're almost guaranteed that this thing will OHKO.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but that move can also be lethal when combined with a Samurott and Swords Dance.

Like mine!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
it was speed boost blaziken until I decided to battle ~correctly~ aka now it's magic guard lo alakazam, tends to work for me at least lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • N/A
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
All hands down to my old Scope Lens Ambipom, Nancy. She was caught in-game, and trained as such, but still always managed to win for me on PBR's random wifi. (Even with all of those legendary noobs running around)

As for right now, the MVP is my Toxicroak when paired with my DrizzleToed.

Bowie

The one who came back
Years
I'm constantly working up new Pokemon for my teams so I never really have a consistent winner but for some reason I have a Golduck which shouldn't seem like anything too special but it just seems to win.. never sweep a team but usually takes out at least one to two especially with the popularity of dragon Pokemon like Dragonite and Garchomp which it just devastates.

drgnkpx

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 3, 2011
Charizard with Blast Burn and Outrage, even if it is weak to rock, water, lightning, and has terrible defense, as long as it attacks first, you're going down (unless of course it's a pokemon with equally high sp. def.).

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2011
its hard to say because i have had so many teams but snorlaxs great hp and sp def and dragonites good stats and movepool probably makes them my MVP pokemon

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
My MVP always has to be my Cradily. It's pulled me out of the stupidest tight spots I have ever been in battle. However my second MVP is Mienshao. He is my sweeper pokemon and he ends battles so fast it's ridiculous.

I hate all people who use legendaries online or in a team. Its cheap, and basically cheating, since beat up terrakion is the cheapest one out there, and its hard to take them out without legendary stats. Also anyone who uses drizzle politoed, I don't hate them as much, but still. Along with people who us every single pseudo legendaries on their team, its cheap and not fighting fair. And then those who do that and rage quit after, through all odds, I win. That's just stupid.
That out of the way, my MVP would have to be Porygon2. Not good attacking stats, but its defenses are great, combined with eviolite and recover, and you have something that won't die anything short of a high powered super power/close combat.

I actually agree with most of what you have to say.
IMO, Legends and Dragons are obnoxious. I get frustrated/annoyed with people who play them and I have taken a vow to never play with Legends or Dragons competitively.
(I'm nicer to people who use dragons cause lets face it's a natural type, but still I hate Dragon types.)
However... Don't hate on Drizzle Politoed. I worked my freaking butt off to find that stupid Dream World Poliwag, and now I am simply harvesting the fruits of my labor.

Last edited:
Back