• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 05 - Your favorite video game character(s)

Rock Howard from the Fatal Fury (Garou) series is up there. He's automatically a badass for being a mix of Geese and Terry who are great characters in their own right. Cool theme, great fighting style, and the best winning pose of all time, lol.

Paula from Earthbound is another one, but I couldn't really give you the exact reasons. Not the most original design, or deep character, but she's been a favorite of mine ever since since playing Earthbound. There's just something endearing about her character for me.

Last edited:
Years
Day 05 - Your favourite video game character(s)

For the number of video games that I've played over the years, there aren't too many characters that I can think of that've been memorable in my eyes, so I've always found it hard to pick a favorite (it also doesn't help that 50% of the games I owned growing up were sports games, which don't really have characters).

If I'm picking just one favorite, though, it would be Tails from the Sonic series of games (like I said before, the early Sonic games really defined my childhood). As a kid, I loved the name pun that he had of Miles Prower, he had a love of mechanics and technology just like I did, and was even my favorite color- orange. No other character really seemed to have a similar connection to me since then, which is why Tails has been my de facto favorite for quite a while.

Years

Sonic the Hedgehog I've always loved what Sonic represented, at least to me,which is a free spirit. Someone who just does what he wants while still having a strong sense of character and justice. I love his attitude, I love the way he moves when he does certain things (I loved watching him fight in Brawl!) Although I will say I have disliked him in Colors...but overall he's still one of my favorites.

Doctor Eggman (Robotnik) I just love him. He's just...the right amount of cheesy, yet totally viable threat. He's had some kinda floppy apperences (Colors and Generations), but when he brings on his A-Game (Adventure 2), he really brings his A-Game. Also I find it pretty awesome that he's persistent enough to fight Classic Sonic through every stage. I admit that sometimes his boss battle voice clips are annoying but overall, I love the character enough to forgive it. He also has some sweet boss music to back him up
Spoiler:

Zulf (Bastion)- Zulf is an amazing character.
Spoiler:

Solid Snake- I will start off by saying I've never played MGS 4. Hopefully that won't change my mind or anything, but I just love Solid Snake. He truly is just one of those characters, I'm almost always smiling ear to ear while I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid. He's so multi layered. I shared a laugh, was impressed by his knowledge and insight, felt his sorrows. Snake is one of the most fleshed out characters ever put into gaming (IMO). It does help that his supporting cast really allows him to build off of them. Snake is at his best when he's interacting with others. He's my fav when it comes to the ultra-cool hero types (easily beating out Dante, Kratos, etc, etc, etc,)

Luigi and Waluigi I've always had a thing for sidekicks, when I was younger I really preferred Tails over Sonic, Robin over Batman, and so on and so forth. I've grew out of alot of those, but Luigi always stuck with me. I always felt bad that Mario had shared the spotlight, even more so in the past, when the biggest difference between the two was their jump height and traction. I like Luigi more as a character, His victories seem more satisfying to me considering how frightful and un-confident he is.

I feel that way even more so with Waluigi, who I feel just needs a spotlight. He's been basically only used as a filler slot in sports and party titles. Why not create a Wario World game with him as an alternative character? Why is his only moment of any sort of relevance in the DDR game? Someday Waluigi...it will be Waluigi time.....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

I'd probably say that I don't really have a favourite character. I like most characters from video games, but I seem to like them al equally. I do have a lot more things to say for the least liked characters though.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Day 06 - A Character that you don't much care for

Pretty much Alexei from Tales of Vesperia. I really don't like him, and fighting him doesn't improve my mood towards him. He's pretty much the boss who would use his MA the most times.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't know if I have one. I'll go with my Shepard from the Mass Effect series since I got to make all those choices and shape the character in a way

Hmm.... I didn't like a lot of the npc cast in Skyward Sword. Almost everyone in Tales of the Abyss bugged me XD

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Well, this one's easy. I don't expect it to change anytime soon as I've yet to find a character as irritating as Emil from ToS: DotNW. Went into the game with big expectations as ToS has always been a game I greatly enjoyed, but they quickly crashed when the hero went from a slightly generic JRPG archetype, to a whiny, annoying and unbearable baby, who has no redeeming qualities. It's like the developers sat there and tried to make him as unlikeable as possible.

Always feels good to vent about Emil. XD

Years
Day 06 - A character(s) that you don't much care for

Hmm... there aren't many characters that I can say that I didn't really like. One that does pop into mind from a game I just recently played again was Garrus from Mass Effect 2. I don't really dislike him, but every single time I went to talk to him, he'd say "Can it wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations," yet every other character had something new to say. He was also one of the least helpful members of my team whenever I took him on a mission. So I can't say I hate him, but just didn't care for him.

Day 07 - Your recent video game purchase

I could've swore that I'd bought something since then, but it looks like my most recent purchases were my 3DS XL and Mario Kart 7 back in January, a few days after my birthday. I really love both the system and game, but I should really invest in a few more games for it other than Mario Kart and White 2.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Day 06 - A character that you don't much care for

I really don't like N at all. He always seemed to me like a cookie cutter pretty boy with a big ego and a cliché dark past. Ghetsis, while not too interesting, was really well done in the otherwise weak Pokemon black and white, so N was a character that bored me to no end whenever he popped up.

My last purchase was a copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask which I got from a car boot sale for only, no joke, £5.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

The Classic Legend of Zelda for NES, for the Virtual Console on the 3Ds. It's pretty much my favorite NES game, so, I'm happy that I bought it for the VC to bring back nostalgic moments. *__*

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Day 06 - A character(s) that you don't much care for
N didn't really appeal to me much. He seemed more like a henchmen more than a major character.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 & Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Time.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Most recent buy was a couple days ago actually. Went ahead and purchased 2nd Super Robot Wars OG (PS3) off Ebay. Probably take a couple weeks to get here since it's an import, but I can wait. Thank you Sony for making the PS3 region free!

Years
Day 08 - Best soundtrack(s) in a video game

While most of the songs aren't made for the games themselves, Grand Theft Auto's soundtracks are always top-notch, with Vice City's being my favorite. The radio stations in the game have basically every major type of music available, and it's one of those games that I'll play to just listen to the music at times.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

I do happen to enjoy the sound tracks from Mana Khermia for the Playstation 2, and I really think that's my personal favourite. Journey is also a nice mention; I really love the deep soundtracks that really enhances the mood of each situation in the game.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Probably the soundtracks from the NFS series. The songs just fits right into the speeding mood and makes the game all the more fun.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Difficult for me to choose as I have a ton of OSTs I love. I mean, Both Chrono games will always be at the top of the list, as it doesn't get much more perfect than those two, along with others like: SRW OGs, Ys IV, Baten Kaitos, and Dark Cloud 2 to name a few. Video game music is primarily what I listen to so my list could go on for awhile, but those in particular, are the first that come to mind.

Last edited:
Back