• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shedinja

Pinta77

So they released a speed boost torchic... I wanna see a legit pokemon other than Shedinja with wonder guard. I mean there are so many ways to get past wonder guard now, plus as long as they don't give it to a ghost/dark type it'll be ok.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I have to say, when I was just a kid playing R/S/E games for the first time, and the first time I got myself a Shedinja, I thought it was a glitch because it just had 1HP! xD I thought: Whaaaaat?! You can't be serious, but then I noticed in combination with his ability, Wonder Guard, it's doesn't really matter :) (Therefore, Shedinja can only be attacked by moves that are super-effective on him)

I like the unique way in which you can obtain Shedinja, and it kinda makes sense why Shedinja is a Bug/Ghost type because of this (like this type combination too). I never saw the opportunity though to actually train one or have a Shedinja in my team, but I might as well try it out sometime! :)

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
I think Shedinja's pretty good if you get it early on and grind it like crazy to keep it a number of levels above what you expect to encounter. I caught myself a Nincada outside of Rusboro and got it to level 20 at Slateport, it and Ninjask are the most powerful Pokemon on my team right now in Emerald.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
She_Delphox is right in a way Shedninja is too convenient at a way. I also taught same as you. I taught it gotta be a glitch but later in net i knew that its how its created.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
루기아 is completely right. i love the idea of him and how hes immune to anything not super effective, but he is a gamble

Armand

The Wild Eagle
Years
Shedinja is quite a simple Pokémon, design-wise. It's just a shed of skin that Nincada left over when evolving into Ninjask. When it comes to battling, however, Shedinja has gotta be one of the most complex Pokémon that you would ever be able to come across. d: It's got only a single HP, and its overall stats are extremely low. It doesn't have too much of a big movepool, either. It does have an ability known as "Wonder Guard," though, which protects it from any move that it's not super-effective to. Veteran players may have some knowledge on what this Pokémon's weaknesses are and such, but those who are new (most likely) may not, which would give them a hard time when they try to take Shedinja down. Personally, I haven't used this Pokémon in any of my battles, but I might do it at some point in the future!

Nice Answer :)

Anyway, I think Shedinja's useless, many weak points, 1HP that makes any defense stats useless especially during weather obstacles, and mainly, I Just Don't Like It's Design or Anything Related To It!!

Shedinja's a mess in my opinion ^_^, with abologies to anyone who likes that pokemon :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
the first time i saw shedinja, i though as well "cool a pokemon with an awsome skill", i thought it would be a great idea to use skill swap for my grumpig, man was i wrong, skill swap dont work on your own pokemon, man did i get pi**ed

Years
I like Shedinja's design and it's typing - I've never used one just yet though - Mainly because I am afraid that it would be dead most of the time - but I might use one next time I play R/S/E again ^^

Back