• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need the community's Help On what Booster Box I should Buy/

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Hello community, with tax refunds coming up I can afford to put money aside to buy 1 booster box. The question is what one should I buy. I was looking to buy something before Nintendo took over the card game, (aka anything before Skyridge). Here is the list of the boxes highest on my list.

-Fossil
-Team Rocket
-Base Set 2
-Neo Genesis
-Neo Discovery
-Neo Revelation
-Neo Destiny

At this time I am really leaning toward ether tram Rocket or Fossil but that is just because they are the cheapest of the bunch, out of the neo set I would love to get a Neo Destiny for a chance to get an original shiny card but looking at prices that is probably out of the question at the moment, so second of the neo series I want is Neo genesis.
So my question is what 1 booster box should I buy?

Also out of these 4 Black and White sets what one is the best to buy from? For competitive play and for a collector perspective.
-Plasma Freeze
-Plasma Storm
-Plasma Blast
-legendary Collection

Years
With the older ones, you'd probably wanna go with Fossil or Rocket, since the reason the others are more expensive is probably do to the relative rarity of the booster boxes for those sets.

Probably Legendary Treasures from a competitive standpoint, simply because it's got a ton of decent and good cards that were reprinted in it. Though the value of cards from Legendary Treasures is lower than their counterparts in other sets due to their status as reprints.

Back