• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I hope the hg/ss pokémon following feature is added for X/Y. However fans have wanted that in very game since hg/ss and gamefreak refuses to do it. So probably not.
I assume they didn't do it in either Black/White or the sequels because Pokemon being confined in a Pokeball was a big thing to Team Plasma. It gave them a better edge than if the hero had a Pokemon always following them.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Good point. The only desision that game freak could make to make me stop playing the games is to take away the cries. I saw a few people saying they thought it should be done when b/w was being speculated about.
I'm just wondering, how many of you people think that the cries should be takes out of Pokémon.

pokemonmasteraaron

Years
Some people say they are annoying. However, that is a key element ofPokémon!!!!!! Ever since they took the cries out of the in battle menu (starting in 4th gen), I've had trouble switching Pokémon. Seriously, I see no problem with the cries!
I hope this new developement in Pokémon doesn't effect the cries. Or if it does, in a possitive way. Like adding them back to the Pokémon in battle menu.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why would they take cries away? That's been a staple in the series since it started. Even the Stadium games recognize cries (though most aren't accurate to their main series counterpart, but still).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
No way. I always enjoyed hearing the Pokemon cries whenever it came out of it's Pokeball or when I interacted with it in HG. It's what makes the Pokemon more alive. Would you really want a mute Pokemon? Imagine Whismur, Loudred and Exploud being mute. It just doesn't seen right. I like the cries and I hope they don't take it out.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Good point. The only desision that game freak could make to make me stop playing the games is to take away the cries. I saw a few people saying they thought it should be done when b/w was being speculated about.
I'm just wondering, how many of you people think that the cries should be takes out of Pokémon.

Would you really stop playing if they took them away? I doubt they will. Many Pokémon have different anime voices in different languages, so it'd be easier to keep cries the way they are. But expect more unique sounding cries, taking advantage of the 3DS more.

pokemonmasteraaron

Years
Would you really stop playing if they took them away? I doubt they will. Many Pokémon have different anime voices in different languages, so it'd be easier to keep cries the way they are. But expect more unique sounding cries, taking advantage of the 3DS more.

It's not like I would want to quit playing the game because they took the cries away, I'd have too.
I am blind. How am I supposed to know if the Pokémon I'm battling is a Bulbasaur, Tyranitar, Vibrava, Carnivine, tepig or xerneas if they don't have creis?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
It's not like I would want to quit playing the game because they took the cries away, I'd have too.
I am blind. How am I supposed to know if the Pokémon I'm battling is a Bulbasaur, Tyranitar, Vibrava, Carnivine, tepig or xerneas if they don't have creis?

How would you tell apart Charizard and Rhyhorn, they have the same cry. Whereas if they got updated cries, they could have different ones. I don't think a blind person would have much success in a Pokémon game to begin with.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I just had a funny thought, what if instead of the classic cries they said their name like in the anime?
Not like they'd do that, just humorous idea. That did confuse me as a kid though.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see that happening; a Pokémon HAS to make some kind of sound. What I'd prefer is if they just changed all the Game Boy cries to the Pokémon Stadium cries. Some of these old Game Boy-synthesized cries are getting old.
This is more of less my view on their cries. Otherwise, I don't see why they'd take something that has been a staple in the series from the start away without good reason unless it was to change them into something more recognizable than what we're given now.

pokemonmasteraaron

Years
How would you tell apart Charizard and Rhyhorn, they have the same cry. Whereas if they got updated cries, they could have different ones. I don't think a blind person would have much success in a Pokémon game to begin with.

Oh vapes, you didn't just go there. :) I'm only half joking.
I take offense to that. I'm not joking about that. I am hurt, but more than anything, I think you are misinformed.
Pokémon is actually a popular game for the visually empared to play, because of it's reasonable accessibility.
I've beaten Pokémon Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Firered, Emerald, Diamond, Platenum, Soul Silver, White, and White2. I only have 3 videos on my YouTube channel of me playing Pokémon, and that is volt white.
However, this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/genuinescorruption is a friend of mine and he has posted some gameplay of him playing through some Pokémon games.
I realize that you have never heard of such a thing before, but if you have any questions, we can talk on skype or via pm or vm, the speculation isn't the place to talk about this.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Let's hope my internet doesn't derp like last time when I tried to post this.

Anyway, I'm fine with the old GB sounding cries. We've had 151 of them since gen I and they've made it nearly 6 gens with it, why change now? Seems a bit pointless.

Years
I'd really like if the cries were kept. It's a staple to the franchise as we've had cries since day one, though I also wouldn't mind if cries were altered a bit, like the Ponyta example from Stadium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back