• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The old episodes!

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
In my opinion, the old episodes (before Johto Journies) are much better than the new ones. I just can't believe Ash has a different hat! The hat is what makes Ash Ash! Argh! I love the episode with A.J. and his Sandshrew, that one boxer with the Hitmonchan, and the Pokemon race where Ash rides Rapidash!

Years
Seems like you're in love with the first season. Which isn't hard to like, no.

Just wondering what you're trying to ask here. Is it a reminisicing thread or a compare/contrast or what?

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Well, Masquerade™ Inc., I have a theory that Ash still HAS his old hat. It is just at home in Pallet Town, in his room or something.

I mean, seriously, that is his Official Pokemon League Expo Hat that he won by sending in lots and lots of post cards (lol). So I don't think he'd ever just get rid of it or anything like that.

Anyway, I think that Ash just wore his new hat and outfit cause his mom got them for him before he went to the Hoenn region.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
i dont like the old seasons many reasons why.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2006
I too love the first season. I am just getting back into Pokemon and have been trying to download the episodes off of that mIRC program but Im having trouble with it now. I got episodes 1-10 but now things have changed on the servers. Im really mad.

I wish they just had the first season on dvd entirely. I really need to watch the first season.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
No doubt about it, the first season was much better than all the rest. I even still have to see a few episodes from it (tentacool and tentacruel and a chansey opperation)
Johto still has that basic-wholesome-ness but in a good, different new way. And I dont care what they say about Johto sucking, I thought it was awesome!

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Well, I actually like ALL of Pokemon......

It doesn't matter to me which season I watch.

Any season, whether it's the first season (well, it's okay, but it's great for nostalgia!), the Johto seasons (I LOVE those, especially MQ), or the Advanced seasons (Yay! New episodes!).

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
:( great am i the only one who despites the old?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
The new seasons are better. the animation is better, and since they added May it has gotting a lot better. They just need to rid of Drew. Also Max is just annoying. the show whould be better if his mom and dad sent him off to some PoKeMoN acadamy. Like that one from the first episode's....

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
Yeah the new seasons are better, the old ones were good (well most of the old ones, exept for Johto) but yes, the new seasons have better animation, plus adding May and the addition of Pokemon Contests (glad May decided to be a Coordinator instead of being a normal Trainer getting Gym badges). Well it depends what people like better. For me it's the new ones. I did like most of the old episodes though (such as the majority of the 1st, majority of Orange Islands), but I didn't like Johto Journeys or League Champions, Master Quest did bring it up a little, I liked the episodes about the Baby Lugia.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
cryztalwing said:
The new seasons are better. the animation is better, and since they added May it has gotting a lot better. They just need to rid of Drew. Also Max is just annoying. the show whould be better if his mom and dad sent him off to some PoKeMoN acadamy. Like that one from the first episode's....

ditto max and drew are annoying

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I think the animation quailty, having Misty in the gang, and plain awe of the new thing was awesome. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new series too, but still...

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
Years
I actually like the way the first season was animated...It had an old school anime feel to it...lol I also think it had a much better storyline adn the characters were likable back then ^^ But now the new episodes are just blah, the plot is stale and the characters are block-heads now :/

darklugia1

Pok?mon Mastermind
Years
Legendary Rayquaza said:
I actually like the way the first season was animated...It had an old school anime feel to it...lol I also think it had a much better storyline adn the characters were likable back then ^^ But now the new episodes are just blah, the plot is stale and the characters are block-heads now :/

I agree with Legendary Rayquaza. The first season and the Orange Islands were great seasons, but then it started to go downhill with Jhoto. (at one point, I think the animation got sloppier than in the first season).The Advance Episodes are really boring, simple, predictable, and repetitive. I can't wait for it to be over and for the Battle Frontier season to start, hopefully, it will be better. :\

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
Years
I like the episodes in the first season of Pokemon alot as the storyline seemed the best and it had some of the best Pokemon in it.The newer Pokemon are no where near as good as the older ones which is another reason why i like the first season best.I also like it as Misty's in the original but i dislike the fact May isn't in the original though.

Back