• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon STRIKE! Yellow Version [BETA 0.5 W.I.P. - BETA 0.4 Available]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 27, 2020
Just read that the link has been disabled. Hopefully it will be back up soon! Looks awesome

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
Hey!

I think i found a download link for the final version. It's in the description of a YT video from drake himself. (I'm not allowed to post links so i give you the name of the video. Just look up into the description, there's a link that worked for me!)

Pokemon STRIKE! Yellow Version - Main Update 26/01/15 - Live commentary

The readme.txt says, that it's the "FINAL RELEASE". Can someone verify this?

Cheers

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2021
I also looked up the last changing date of the files, they're correlating the last bug-update on the first post in this threat. So i'm having fun right now with a genius rom hack :-)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 27, 2020
I'm sure this was the one I used and my pikachu eventually evolved when it was a certain level, so it's not the final release :(

Still super fun tho.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Hello everybody :)
I´m new and I do not know if I´m allowed to post links. Thats why:

to get the game: (28th May)

1. Go to google an search for "pokemon strike yellow version facebook"
2. Now you should find an explanation why the link was taken down on pokecommunity. But you will also find a new link with an ips.

OR:

1. Go to Youtube
2. Search for Drake Seawoods Channel
3. Go to the video BIG UPDATE! - 16/04/16 Englisch Subtitles
4. In the video description there is a facebook link. Click on it.
5. You will find an explanation why the link was taken down on pokecommunity. But you will also find a new link with an ips.

I hope this was helpful.

Sry for the bad english :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Hello everybody :)
I´m new and I do not know if I´m allowed to post links. Thats why:

to get the game: (28th May)

1. Go to google an search for "pokemon strike yellow version facebook"
2. Now you should find an explanation why the link was taken down on pokecommunity. But you will also find a new link with an ips.

OR:

1. Go to Youtube
2. Search for Drake Seawoods Channel
3. Go to the video BIG UPDATE! - 16/04/16 Englisch Subtitles
4. In the video description there is a facebook link. Click on it.
5. You will find an explanation why the link was taken down on pokecommunity. But you will also find a new link with an ips.

I hope this was helpful.

Sry for the bad english :/

That video is from April... Or is the file up to date? I'm losing my patience trying to get a copy of it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
The video ist from April, but the downloadlink on his facebookpage is from 28th May. So the file should be up to date.

You should go to his Facebook page.
facebook.com/PokemonSTRIKEYellow/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
I find the modifications in the game exaggerated. The fact that you can capture fully evolved pokemons like dragonite and charizard at level 80 before the elite 4 make raising pokemons useless. I also think that some pokemons found in the wild are forced to be there, it doesn't feel natural. Finally, the game demands a lot of grinding to beat which is not fun to do.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, not a good hack. It could have been balanced better than that.

Years
I habe been trying to figure this out for hours.
I want to download, but nothing clickable appears besides the othe README, PLZ and the word DOWNLOAD itself redirects to Facebook. The same on the first site provided in the README, Mediafire tells me "invalid or deleted file" and I can't speak Spanish(unless the download itself isn't in Spanish.) Please help me, because this game sounds fun and I like a little oomph of difficulty and puzzles added to my Pokémon games. Thank you.

Years
So I got hax to work, and checked out the Spanish site, but Mediafire still says "invalid or deleted file", and Pokecommunity still redirects me. I wish I could find this rom on another site, but you, as the creator, are our only saving grace. Sorry for the trouble.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
http:/ / chuckaileron.blogspot.de/2015/12/cool-hacks-pokemon-strike-yellow.html

working download on this page

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 27, 2020
Loving this rom so far, much harder than I thought but really enjoyable. Just defeated koga (and that took a couple of tries) and on my way to Erika.

Those critical hits though, happens way too many times I like, especially against me!

Awesome job though, and thanks for this hack! :)

Edit:
Just found out dragonite can't use fly but charizar d can, Dafuq?!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2019
probably will never be read, but il ask again.

Are you willing to make this hack without the environment changes?
I really dislike the maze-like design.

Years
probably will never be read, but il ask again.

Are you willing to make this hack without the environment changes?
I really dislike the maze-like design.
I'm working on them now and I'm trying to fix/add some useful features to the hack (like the Dig invulnerability bug and stuff). If my calcs are right, I'll release a new fixed rom on Christmass.

EDIT: More than the 50% of the pool says that the level curve should be balanced a bit and I'm working on that too :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2019
I'm working on them now and I'm trying to fix/add some useful features to the hack (like the Dig invulnerability bug and stuff). If my calcs are right, I'll release a new fixed rom on Christmass.

EDIT: More than the 50% of the pool says that the level curve should be balanced a bit and I'm working on that too :D

oh sweet, you're still alive xD
Can't wait for a "vanilla" build, good luck with the work!

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2019

Any progress? :)

Years
So, seems that I'm messing up my hex editor again. The rom got deleted again (0kb file) and half of the work dissapeared once more... It kinda pisses me off...

However, like the last time, I managed to recover (again) a backup. With said backup, I just managed to get rid off the useless route mazes but is ONLY THAT. Sorry.

Just to inform, some good things are happening IRL and everything is going pretty much well. 2017 will start decently good for me and that's enough for now. This means I'll keep working on the hack but slowly (like you have noticed until now). Remember that I'm a newbie yet and have to learn how to work with Notepad++ (Hex editing is fun but takes a lot of time).

The download link has been enabled again and THERE'S NO ANY KIND OF *.GBC FILE into it. IPS patch is available. I noticed today I have to fix the screenshot (the server crashed down), it will be done as soon as possible.

That's all for now. Thanks for the support and all the love that this small and humble hack has received in the last 2 years. I wish you all a Happy New Year and all your dreams come true; keep working to make them happening.

Drake Seawood.

Back