• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHALLENGE THE OVERLORD!

Years
CHALLENGE THE OVERLORD!

Mission Briefing

On a black, stormy night, a brave soul sneaks into the titanic fortress owned by the fearsome Overlord Drakow. In a world where Darkness is supreme, you are the last hope for mankind. Drakow has continued to tighten his crushing grip on the world – extending his reign of terror to cover the entire planet in a thick, suffocating fog of despair. You managed to evade the Dark armies and have lived stealthily for months, powerless to stop the merciless onslaught of the shadow army against the various cities across the globe. After all if the Global Defence Force failed countless times in defending key locations, what hope does a lone warrior have? Regardless, you decide if you can somehow reach the self proclaimed Overlord himself, and defeat him in battle; you can end his tyranny and free the world from his clutches.

A wicked thunderbolt ripped through the blackened sky as you finally reached a set of double doors, different to the rest of the castle. It's a miracle you haven't been detected yet. Nevertheless your gut instinct tells you that beyond these set of doors, is the enemy of the world. It was also weird that there were no guards standing nearby either. Was this all some sort of elaborate trap? It's not like you had much choice either way. You have come so far, struggled endlessly for months in this hell. Taking a deep breath, you pushed the doors back forcefully, and entered the throne room.

Overlord Drakow sat in his throne - his right arm rested parallel against the throne arm and the other arm was bridged between the throne arm and his left cheek bone. His right leg rested above his left. He was wearing his usual attire, consisting of his signature leather overcoat, along with a plain dress shirt and silk trousers with a pair of loafers. All in black of course. His Dark Dragon Duel Disk was attached to his right arm, in its dormant form. A stainless steel black watch rested comfortably on his left wrist. A walking stick made out of a dark wood rested against the right side of the throne. Dark shades completely concealed his eyes and a cowboy hat rested on top of his head. He detached the Duel Disk from his arm and discarded it to one side. It made a dull thud and came to rest – he would not need it for this battle.

"Didn't your parents teach you to knock first? Oh wait, I probably killed them before they had the chance!"

You knew he was trying to provoke you into doing something reckless, but you could feel your blood boil and your rage build up. Examining the throne room, you notice the floor consisted of a blood red carpet extending from the entrance all the way to the throne which was elevated by a couple of steps. Dark grey bricks aligned themselves throughout the room, enhancing the mysterious and dark feeling the fortress seemed to possess. A massive chandelier was fixed to the middle of the ceiling – the dark flames formed shifting shadows which danced throughout the room. Your eyes averted back to the Dark Lord.

"We'll skip most of the formalities then. I hope you have enjoyed your stay in my Necrophades Black foundation thus far. I decided to let you crawl around without interruption because humans amuse me. Especially weak ones. You see, I enjoy watching you all squirm hopelessly – it brings me unbound delight knowing there are billions and billions of people suffering by my hand. Rather than just destroying you immediately, I thought it would be more fun to fill you with false hope . . . before crushing your meaningless existence into nothingness!"

He took his shades off, revealing dark brown – almost black – heartless eyes, but full of ambition. The Overlord began his decent. Each step was slow but deliberate and full of confidence. He stopped walking once he had reached precisely one third of the way down the red carpet.

"Hope leads to disappointment. The strong survive and devour the weak. That is the world we live in and it is the absolute truth . . . Hmm, you seem to be a person of few words. The strong, silent type are we? No matter - I will teach you to despair. I will show you how powerful and terrifying Darkness truly is."

He snapped his fingers together, the clicking noise resounded throughout the room. After the the echo died out, six powerful Pokemon approached from behind the throne.

Team Overview

1481587-giovannihgss.gif

462.png
635.png
612.png
373.png
437.png
560.png

Intimidating cries were unleashed from the six. Being a good sport, you release your six Pokemon onto the soon to be battlefield. They each let out their prideful roars to match the opposition. They turned to you – you could see that your Pokemon were confident and ready for battle.

The Overlord lashed out his right arm - it was the signal for his six Pokemon to retreat into the shadows. In response, you withdrew your six back into their Pokeballs.

"Show me your strength."

Rules

1) Standard clauses apply.

1.1) Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis).

1.2) Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

1.3) OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.

1.4) Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

1.5) Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team.

2) The following Pokemon cannot be used;

Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Blaziken, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys(Normal & Attack formes), Dialga, Palkia, Giratina(all formes), Manaphy, Shaymin(Sky forme only), Darkrai, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect

3) The following abilities cannot be used;

Moody, Drizzle + Swift Swim, Chandelure + Shadow Tag.

4) My friend code is found below;

finaltrainercard.jpg

5) My time zone is GMT. I am pretty much free to battle whenever, so I will work around your schedule. Therefore you arrange a time suitable for us to battle and let me know.

6) Battles can be done over Wifi or on Pokecommunity Pokemon Online server (username is Overlord Drakow).

7) I will upload our battle videos and post them in this topic. If you do not wish for our battle to be made public, let me know.

Battle Videos

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Oooo the tension, yeah I'll give this ago. Vm me when were both online or something. :)

Years
Oooo the tension, yeah I'll give this ago. Vm me when were both online or something. :)

It was a decent battle. Cheers.

I accept the challenge!

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiller

Oh man! That was one hell of a battle! It's such a shame my wifi disconnected right when we were both left with two Pokemon. We will definitely have a rematch - probably in a good couple of days to a week's time. That way we've had some time away from each other's team.

Last edited:

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
I'll have a go?

Aye, you'll wipe the floor with me, unless a miracle occurs.

Name: Jessica
FC: 2666 3001 3887

PM me when you're ready. IF, of course, you wanna battle...

Years
^
I'm ready now. Waiting...

At 8am in the morning!?! Now, I know you want to catch me offguard and battle me while I'm groggy and all, and while I do commend you for your sneaky tactics, it's just not gonna happen missy!

Send me a VM to arrange a battle with me, otherwise this topic will get too clogged up.

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I'm confused... You can use Garchomp but I can't use Blaziken?

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
I'm confused... You can use Garchomp but I can't use Blaziken?

I think Garchomp got moved down tiers this generation, I'm not sure though but he's not on the Uber list I checked. :/

pokelooker

Staraptor guy
Years
im up for a battle

yeah, il battle you, none of my pokemon are cheated but saying that, i have not EV trained them so it could be intresting.........! il battle you at 7pm any day, my friend code is

3267-5097-1147

I too am in GTM so may the best battler win!:)

Back