• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] PokeMMO Methode Free

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
ZZZp6Jq.png

# About me and the Project, #

Hello darlings,

My name is Methode and I am new to the community. I come here for being a programmer in some language and working with it.

Sorry for my bad English, it is not my native language and I use the translator.

However, I have been developing a Pokémon engine for a few days and it is possible to create a Pokémon MMO.

I will be providing updates, corrections and improvements.

I am not very understanding of pokemon, I did not play so many titles and I need help and they tell me what would be interesting to have script and system news for an MMO.

Thinking that the engine is for your use.

# About the Engine #

As I said the engine is free to use.

I will be updating and providing news, however I need help to know what would be interesting from now on because I am not a knowledgeable in depth.

I hope you enjoy what you already have.

[ Shortcut Links ]
- Imgur Engile Gallery Pictures
https://imgur.com/a/yeg4AOt

- Engine Version 29.11.2022
#

# Updated Post Informations #

# OLD Post Informations #

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2019
I am interested in this engine. Will you keep updating?

I need a source.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
I am interested in this engine. Will you keep updating?

I need a source.
Hello, dear.

Yes, I will constantly update every 10 ~ 15 days.

In average it will not be necessary to lose anything regarding what already has of content.

Currently working in administrative functions as Player and Account Editor for greater control of the administration (Game Staff), in addition to some corrections in the uploads of the maps.

I have faith that in a few days I will be updating here.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Oh wow, this looks like an MMORPG created with one of those old engines like Dreaminze, Elysium Diamond, Alter Engine or Eclipse. Pretty neat stuff.
I'm starting to get nostalgic and curious so I'll probably give it a shot, to see how it is.
Pretty good job dude, keep up the nice work :)!

EDIT: Welp.
explorer_2018-07-09_09-49-34.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
Hey Darlings

I will update soon the release.

The new update has the Accounts / Players Editor so that the staff has excellent control and even modify itself more easily for testing.

It also includes improvements in the processing and save of maps as well as a new function that is able to declare one of your pokemons to Leader, thus changing the orders.

Within 1 or 2 days I will be making the new version available, I am doing tests.

ImG's
https://imgur.com/a/DgqpVvf

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
I discovered that while wanting to create a little private MMORPG server for my friends and myself.

It's really interesting and cover everything i'd need.
However the virus alert check makes gave me some doubts about this.
I don't know what to do now haha.

But still an interesting project, i hope to have some feedback about this story of being flagged by a lot of AV.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
You can pass the scan rsrs

I think the alert is because the Developer IDe is "old", and this could generate in some anti virus some type of alert.

When downloading you can see that it is a Winrar ... soon this way nor could accuse something, c

The only dll's included in the folder are Bass.Dll and Dx8Vb.dll, which are respectively used for Music and Video Emulation, and can be purchased from any dll download site.

A few moments I finished this update.

Some close friends are running the tests so I do not release the version for you presenting notable problems.

I have already started a study to develop the day and night cycle.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Heyah o/

Thanks for your answer. I can't give the virus scan right now since i'm on my phone, but, I used virus total (https://www.virustotal.com/) and analyzed both of the .exe (Server + Client) before anything else, bothing giving a few positive results with Backdoors and stuff.

I'm really fan of what you've done, it's really to be sure of that and even show you the problems that could make people avoiding to use that in the future :/

Can't wait to see the future of this o/

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Heyah o/ !

I'm back with all the virustotal I did :
https://pastebin.com/eCgNJQ1

Rather than checking the entire zip, did the two .exe first, and got these results. And it's not really reassuring for my friends to see that kind of results since we'd be a lot to play and some of them are really picky about this.

Just to point out that you could fix / secure this ?

And i can't wait for the 1.1 to see the evolution, I really support you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
Post Updated.

Follows with area of update and changes.

Download of the new version already available (Current 1.1), counts on changes and the beginning for new changes.

Scan the download just below.

For those who try to report difficulties and others, I appreciate any feedback;

Talk to me if you would like some modification or customizing your server.

Remember that sprites, tilesets and all the graphic part is on account of who wants to develop the game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Awesome to see that release.

Moreover since i posted virustotal for every file with 1.0 :
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f...997a0697a71536f3cb37f0d58435e35c5cb/detection
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/1...e47052c0053f309ce22eec1713dc186fa6a/detection

This is pretty exciting !
I'm gonna start to check / work on it tomorrow. I'll check everything with my friends to bring some suggestions. Not sure if I can help directly, but i'd love to give some help / advices on this project.

Thanks again !

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
Awesome to see that release.

Moreover since i posted virustotal for every file with 1.0 :
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/f...997a0697a71536f3cb37f0d58435e35c5cb/detection
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/1...e47052c0053f309ce22eec1713dc186fa6a/detection

This is pretty exciting !
I'm gonna start to check / work on it tomorrow. I'll check everything with my friends to bring some suggestions. Not sure if I can help directly, but i'd love to give some help / advices on this project.

Thanks again !

Really thx about the Scan < 3
It was like I said, some releases may present something "suspicious" since it is an independent production. We use Dll's to emulate things in the engine.

However, if you have any doubts or problems, or even think of systems that would be good or ways to improve the engine, I would be grateful to read and try to find ways to do it.

<3

For more advanced customs and own if you wish to contact me ...

These versions I aim to cover the largest number of people .. so it would be difficult to put more "specific" things.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
It's logic. I posted when it was positive. I post when it claims to be safe.

For suggestions it's more mmo related. Like putting a special spawn for legendary or even special rate apparition for each route etc... basic Pokemmo stuff o/

But now i've a new issue. When I want to run the client, i'm getting a "Failed to intialise the device."

I've installed the runtime etc. Should be okay.
Any help ?

Thanks again

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
It's logic. I posted when it was positive. I post when it claims to be safe.

For suggestions it's more mmo related. Like putting a special spawn for legendary or even special rate apparition for each route etc... basic Pokemmo stuff o/

But now i've a new issue. When I want to run the client, i'm getting a "Failed to intialise the device."

I've installed the runtime etc. Should be okay.
Any help ?

Thanks again

Subject already answered by Discord.

Everyway is a glitch usually related to failing to install Run Times Setup, which comes with the download.

The same will test on the personal computer and give us a return.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 26, 2019
This is a very good engine, but I hope you will openly release this project. What I mean is, for example, that I create my own map or change the language.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
This is a very good engine, but I hope you will openly release this project. What I mean is, for example, that I create my own map or change the language.

You need only Adm Permission's.

Go to the server, place your character with some developer access, inside the game access the Administrator panel using [Insert], and then go to the map editor.

Just do this and learn how to map, many layers for editing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 23, 2021
Is this engine still able? When I try to run the launcher I get a array control error... :/ Also is the source gonna be released with this engine as well or ?

Edit: Error Runtime 340: Control Array 1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
Lol Darlings.

So many years passed, pandemic and others.

A friend sent me how the post and the community was and I ended up reopening to see.

I apologize for having left so many years unanswered or new.

If anyone wants a more current contact talk to me via discord.

Methode#5606

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Lol Darlings.

So many years passed, pandemic and others.

A friend sent me how the post and the community was and I ended up reopening to see.

I apologize for having left so many years unanswered or new.

If anyone wants a more current contact talk to me via discord.

Methode#5606

Are you still continued this project?

Back