• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Yes I did, I'm not afraid to admit.

Spoiler:

I cried with sobs heaving my body and tears running down my face. It was just too saddening and it touched my innermost being with such passionate emotion I could not hold in my tears.
Goodness me, I should be a poet or something lolol.

Years
o___o I never finished PMD. I have Explorers of Darkness. Now I wanna finish it gosh darn. XD

It made me love Bidoof though. I mean, in the main series games I am still like "NO BIDOOF GO AWAY" but in that game he was just so freakin' cute. XD

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Pokemon MDB... ending... IT WAS SO SAD! Then when Grovyle sacrifices himself *sniffle* Then when me "Chimchar" practically dies leaving my partner "Turtwig" alone. (The ending to Time/Darkness is the saddest when Turtwig is your partner) Then the igglypuff story

Years
The first time I played those series....

The scene that struck me emotionally was in fact the first one,
in which I could see butterfree talking to me. In my opinion, it
was hilarious to imagine them speaking to me in real life.

I didn't mention it, but I really didn't expect me to become a cubone ;°)

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I did cry at the ending of PMD : Darkness/Time/Sky. Just- accepting that you're going to be wiped from existence if you succeed, and if you don't, everything goes to chaos.
But this shows a perfect example of the Grandfather Paradox. Simply put, since the future was changed from what it was originally supposed to be, your character - and Grovyle - ceased to exist. But, since your character didn't exist, that means he wouldn't have been able to go back in time and change the future. I don't know; just something to ponder about.
I didn't exactly cry at the end of Red and Blue PMD, but I did feel pretty sad. And what I've seen from giancarloparimango on YouTube, the next PMD games also get those sad parts.

And there's not a whole lot of games that have made me shead tears.
I mean, there's - maybe Mother 3, though it was a while ago I first beaten it, Katawa Shoujo, if you consider it to be a game, and Aerith dying - because I was just so unprepared for that.
And maybe some parts of Okami and Okamiden.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The moment in PMD Blue when the town turns on you and you're cast away and just... hngg. It made me really upset :( Then the moment where your partner turns to you and starts telling you he believes you and he'll stick with you no matter what, I always get a little teary then haha. I know I'm a bit of a wuss but it's emotional okay!

Never happened in the squeals though, they just don't seem to have the same level of dramatisation behind them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
With Red Rescue team, yes, yes, and yes. I was so heartbroken as I really thought my character would disappear and that would end the game forever. In Explorers of Time, I did not cry because I knew what was going to happen. Although, I did feel a deep bond towards Grovyle.

Years
Explorers of time was the first game where a tear dropped to my cheek, It was the first and the only time that happened( My tears stay in my eyes if something sad happens) but for some reason I felt the pain of my partner Turtwig and my other partner Grovyle.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Sad to say I didn't. But at the last part, I did agree that it was becoming emotional, and I felt like crying, but no, I didn't. Although I have only played RRT, EOT, EOD and EOS.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I think I was only 10-12 when I played Red Rescue Team. I recall feeling sad when my Pokemon was going to leave, but I didn't cry.

Now Explorers of Sky. This was in August 2012 that I finished it. I got sad, got the feeling in my throat like when I'm about to cry.. So I held my breath for about 10 seconds. Then I burst out, weeping very, very loudly as I continued through the ending of the game, I remember my DS was soaked.
However, I think a lot of my crying was a release of frustration and stress, not just being sad about the game. I try to keep myself from crying, but once the faucet is on.. Well, it's on full blast.

I was also really upset and confused on how my character was allowed to come back and Grovyle wasn't. And honestly, in my mind Grovyle and the others do still exist, just in a different future, with no recollection of the other future. And my character had gone to that future when she "ceased to exist" and was just re-put on the current world with her old memories. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. But seriously, I barely played past the main story because I was so confused and upset.

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I got a little teary-eyed when I played Blue Rescue Edition. The parts that got me to that point I think were the one before you enter that ice cave (or it could have been after), the one after you beat Groudon, and the one after you beat the main game was the most emotional.

Evey

Female Red
Years
Theres something really sad about watching a Pikachu cry over your sudden dissapearance. I had a partner named Pika and I was a Torchic named Evey. When Pika fell over and started crying at the tower and on the beach I couldn't help but cry too. Poor little Pika, looking for the girl with the Deep Green Aura *goes off and crys* So sad... they should make more Mystery Dungeons.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
(spoilers)

I did get pretty sad at the end, when you disappear, and actually several times during Grovyle's part in the main PMD story. I don't cry, but it was definitely upsetting! These games are done so well I hope the 3rd PMD lives up to the storyline of the previous ones. I could see it having a crappy story just so they could produce it and say "Look, 3DS PMD! You should buy it!" =/

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
When I played Blue Rescue Team I was 9 or 10, and yes I did bawl my eyes out ;A; I was really attached to that game. And then at the end, when (SPOILER) you have to disappear it, like, crushed my heart xD I must have been 12 or 13 when I played the other one, and I didn't cry once during the whole thing but I did feel emotional with it. I guess it's the effect of getting older :/

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Yeah in red mystery dungeon for the GBA.I dont usually cry but i was 10 back then now i am 15 and i have played the explorers of darkness.Felt a bit emotional but still no tears.
First game i ever cried and probably the last.

Back