• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KKN's Art & Design

icycatelf

Alex
Years
This isn't the first time an art thread of mine has been completely whiped from a forum, so I'm used to it. For now, I'm just going to paste these as "folders". I'll eventually set it back up the way I had it before unless the "restoration" does it for me. Click the thumbnails to take you to the respective folders. Optionally, you can click here to see everything (except my scrapbook).

Pokemon Fan Art:

Fakemon:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Art:

Cosplay/Props:

Sculpture:

Original Characters:

Abstract:

Other Fan Art:

Uncolored Line Art:

Photography & PhotoManips:

Logos and Emblems:

KNAIO PROJECT:

More resources can be found in my scrapbook, as well as more art that I didn't think was worthy enough to put in my main gallery.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
I really <3 the Jumpluff one. You used simplistic colours, and even though on first glance, it looks like a quick drawing, you must be pretty skilled, because I find the shading incredibly pwnsome. Especially the puff balls. For Shaymin in Sky Form, it'd probably look better with a background, but outside of that, again, I love the colouring (: Arceus was definitely well-drawn, and looks really alive in colour, I can tell you put in a lot of effort, keep it up! =D

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Thank you! The Jumpluff was done rather quickly (hence the title: Quick Digital Painting). I was actually surprized that the puff balls turned out so nicely.

I plan on making a bacground for the Shaymin. It would be easier if it was transparent PNG, but it's not. I tried the GIF-ify it, but it distorted the colors. I'm going to work with it on GIMP... to see if that can make it a transparent PNG, then I'll work on a background.

Yeah, a lot of effort did go into the Arceus pics. I can't remember how long it took to draw, clean up, and color, but I know I spent a long time on it. It was also hard for me to decide how to color it.

Thanks, again!

UPDATE: Attempted to add a background to Shaymin |CLICK|

Last edited:

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
Years
Oh, I love it! Shaymin looks just like a pokemon card now! And the evolution of Forretress is really creative. It sticks to the original design just enough to make it look like a pokemon. Seriously, that could be in a game! I'm really impressed by the pokeball, too. The reflection on the ground is amazing!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Oh, I love it! Shaymin looks just like a pokemon card now! And the evolution of Forretress is really creative. It sticks to the original design just enough to make it look like a pokemon. Seriously, that could be in a game! I'm really impressed by the pokeball, too. The reflection on the ground is amazing!

Thanks! I figured it would look more like a card illustration if I made the background holographic. I'm also glad that you like Towarmorth, the Forretress evo. Thank you for commenting!

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It's been a while, but here's a new pic:

KW_newcol.png

(Large Version)

KW_newcol2.png

(Small Version)

Note, these pictures won't look right on a wide-screen monitor. I have one and it makes them look a little off. The original drawing looks fine.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
The Sky Form Shaymin is good while simple. The colored Arceus looks plush, and I definitely like it. The Forretress evolution looks more like a human than a Pokemon. It's supposed to be a bagworm's evolution. It's not bad, but it's not very Pokemon-ish. The PokeBall is the best. It looks much like a PokeBall as Nintendo or Game Freak would portray it.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The Sky Form Shaymin is good while simple. The colored Arceus looks plush, and I definitely like it. The Forretress evolution looks more like a human than a Pokemon. It's supposed to be a bagworm's evolution. It's not bad, but it's not very Pokemon-ish. The PokeBall is the best. It looks much like a PokeBall as Nintendo or Game Freak would portray it.

Yeah, I know. The Sky Form Shaymon would have looked more complex if I had used 3+ base shade colors, but I only used 2.

I never thought of the Arceus pic as plush. Heh.

Yeah, but doesn't Jynx look more like a human than a Pokemon? My goal was to make an armored moth, but still keep some of Forretress' characteristics.

Yay PokeBall! I like it too, but I wouldn't call it my favorite. The metallic look on the top was somewhat of an accident, actually. I'm still happy with the turn-out.

Thanks for commenting.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Yeah, but doesn't Jynx look more like a human than a Pokemon? My goal was to make an armored moth, but still keep some of Forretress' characteristics.
The point of Jynx, Magmar, Electabuzz, Mr. Mime, etc. is to have a humanshape while not having the complete anatomical features of a human. The Forretress evolution's characteristics are too human-like.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
The point of Jynx, Magmar, Electabuzz, Mr. Mime, etc. is to have a humanshape while not having the complete anatomical features of a human. The Forretress evolution's characteristics are too human-like.

I don't see it. To me, it looks nothing like a human. Even if it did, it doesn't have all of the anatomical features of a human. To me, it's almost like a flying armored Jynx with cannon arms. Like Jynx, it has no feet. Like Jynx it has a solid dark skin tone.

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
Years
Comment on the Pokeball: Wow the pokeball one looks so real, Very nice mirage of it on the bottom, Tottally love it ;D Could you make a manaphy one :P

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Personally my favorite is the pokeball! It is amazing! haha
I love the coloring. and the WOOSH reflection xD

Thanks for commenting. People seem to love this one.

Comment on the Pokeball: Wow the pokeball one looks so real, Very nice mirage of it on the bottom, Tottally love it ;D Could you make a manaphy one :P

Like I said above. :P It might be difficult for me to make a Manaphy in the same style as the PokeBall picture. Sadly, usually if I pull off a really cool style, it's just experimental and I forget how I did it afterwards. I have, however, done a 3D-ish Manaphy illustration: http://kougawolf.deviantart.com/art/Manaphy-Lv-X-78144626
Thanks for commenting.

--- --- ---

And I have done a new picture. I stayed up all night, bored, and something told me to work on a Slowking picture...

sloilluscro.png

I think he has a belly ache.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
UPDATE: Added new picture, a sketch of my favorite Eeveelution, Leafeon.

EDIT: And I just got finished with a new Shaymin (SF) pic.
newskymin_sml.png

I don't think it turned out too bad.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
Wow you have serious talent Kouga!
Do you do all your art by hand and paint?
Love you Pokeball one and Arceus and that Slowking is great!
Keep up the great work!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
@Kuggles: Thanks. I do my lineart by hand & color digitally. I'm not good at coloring by hand unless it's lightly with colored pencils, but that doesn't show up when I scan it. The PokeBall was done completely digitally, as was the Jumpuff, but the others were drawn by hand, scanned, and colored digitally. Thanks for commenting! :D

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
My favorite by far is the Poke'ball. It looks like you could pick it up from the screen and throw it. The shading is so real in it, it really makes it look 3-D. Love it. 10/10.

Back