• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

First, lemme say I consider myself trans and pansexual. I try my best to just be me and not worry about whether what I do matches or goes against stereotypes. Unlike some stereotypes of trans people I'm not interested in having surgery to change my genitalia (I'm never going to get over how weird it is to type "my genitalia"), nor am I totally concerned with "passing" all the time. Quite often if you saw me you might think I was a guy. Maybe you'd think I was gay, or just a non-traditional guy, but you might all the same. I don't know what kinds of stereotypes there are of pansexual people specifically, but when it comes to the idea of someone who's attracted to more than one gender being promiscuous and always horny that isn't me.

I do, unfortunately, have a bit of that stereotype about trans girls who go overboard when it comes to clothes and my eyes naturally wander to the girly, frilly, pink things in a store, although I have enough sense/self-control to keep my wardrobe mostly tasteful. Of course as I write that I realize I'm wearing a pink polka dotted top right now. xD

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?
(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

While I was growing up most of my crushes were on girls so I kind of discounted the ones I had for boys as not serious/real/whatever. I did the same for all those instances where I played dress up, thinking they were things that most people did anyway. I'm just not normal by any stretch of the imagination and I could never find a place to fit in so I did my best not to think about it. So... yeah. They did affect me and kept me from accepting myself for a long time.

as for the second question, i still am in a rather questioning/fluid stage, and sometimes, i ask myself if there's a possibility that i could be genderqueer or anything like that because of my preference for clothing and style. right now, i try not to think about labelling myself because i'm still not sure of my identity and my feelings, and i do feel that it will just complicate my self-perception. the only thing i'm comfortable labelling myself with is "non-heterosexual".
I just wanna say you have a great attitude toward this. Lovely.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
LOL. I love that article, that's hilarious. It also reminds me of this video. It's very old, but I still laugh every time I see it:

Bahahahaha, the dog part got me good. xD

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

Simply put, I am what I am, and I don't care what stereotypes I fill. xD I don't try to be or not be anything based on them, because that would mean I wasn't being me. I think. xD

That said, I don't fit the "limp wrists, very effeminate" gay stereotype at all, haha.

Did stereotypes affect you when you were in the questioning stage?
(E.g. if you were not sure if you were gay, did you ever think "I don't fit this stereotype so idk"?)

Um, I don't think so. My parents were very against stereotypes and blanket statments, so I never thought that stereotypes were like, prerequisites for being gay or anything. When I was questioning, I was pretty much more along the lines of "Is this normal, or permanent?" rather than "I'm not that way, so am I?"

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
As far as I know, the only stereotype for bisexuals is that we want to have sex with everyone... and I'm pretty much the exact opposite. Honestly, I think if I could choose, I would be asexual... but I'm very obviously not. lol

That said, I'm still very likely to wait until marriage, or at least a very very long time into the relationship before I'd even consider having sex.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
As far as I know, the only stereotype for bisexuals is that we want to have sex with everyone... and I'm pretty much the exact opposite. Honestly, I think if I could choose, I would be asexual... but I'm very obviously not. lol

That said, I'm still very likely to wait until marriage, or at least a very very long time into the relationship before I'd even consider having sex.

Are you demisexual, then? Right now, I consider myself a romantic asexual, but I've never been in a relationship to know if I'm demisexual or not, and theres probably a large chance that I am.

Years

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I was wondering about something a little while ago. If you're attracted to transgendered people, that would mean that you're attracted to more than just two things... so would that be considered bisexual, or something else? I don't think it would be pansexual in my case, because I'm not attracted to every variation, but still more than just two.

I know labels really aren't that big of a deal, but I'm just curious. (I guess it's just one of those in-betweens that isn't worth giving a label, really.)

Are you demisexual, then? Right now, I consider myself a romantic asexual, but I've never been in a relationship to know if I'm demisexual or not, and theres probably a large chance that I am.
Maybe to some degree. I always have been attracted to people I know more than people I don't. Although I have experienced love at first sight, and I still do find people I don't know attractive, if they are. Definitely not as much though.

What I mean by wanting to be asexual is more that I feel like it's a waste of time, so I wish I could just ignore any urges I have and keep working, or playing games or w/e. (I tried to put that in the least tmi way possible. lol)

Also, lol at firefox for correcting demisexual as bisexual.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
I was wondering about something a little while ago. If you're attracted to transgendered people, that would mean that you're attracted to more than just two things... so would that be considered bisexual, or something else? I don't think it would be pansexual in my case, because I'm not attracted to every variation, but still more than just two.

I assume what you mean by transgender is someone who doesn't identify as either male or female, in which case I suppose you could assume as such because technically they're not male or female. As we're all aware the gender spectrum is extremely wide etc. (which is why i dislike the term heterosexual because that means opposite and it's unlikely people are going to be completely male or completely female) but if you mean a transgender who identifies as just male or just female then no, you wouldn't be attracted to more that two things because they would be just that - A man or a woman.

I'm assuming you mean those who don't fit neatly into either 0 or 1 on the spectrum however.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
That story is wonderful. She is such a pretty little girl too, I don't see how anybody would have it in them to hurt her! I'm not surprised her brother is completely accepting of it, either. Twins have these freaky connections that nobody can explain.

-Jared-

Years
Uhm.....It is kind of noob question but can anyone explain to demisexual or asexual mean?

Lol no worries. ^__^

Asexual is basically when someone doesn't feel sexual attraction to anyone. Although that does not mean they don't feel ROMANTIC feelings towards someone, just not sexual ones.

Demisexual is when someone only feels sexual attraction for people they have a strong emotional connection with.

And anyone who knows better can correct me; this is what I know about those two terms. I may be wrong. >__> If I am, I apologize! ;__;

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years

Lol no worries. ^__^

Asexual is basically when someone doesn't feel sexual attraction to anyone. Although that does not mean they don't feel ROMANTIC feelings towards someone, just not sexual ones.

Demisexual is when someone only feels sexual attraction for people they have a strong emotional connection with.

And anyone who knows better can correct me; this is what I know about those two terms. I may be wrong. >__> If I am, I apologize! ;__;
^_^ a big thanks for helping XD

-Jared-

Years
^_^ a big thanks for helping XD

You are welcome! Glad I could help. :P

And I just thought of something. Does anyone else think a list of various terms, such as those, that a lot of people don't know, might be helpful to have in the first post? Basically, a small glossary of sorts, just because people tend to come here with questions and they might find it helpful to have those terms already defined in the first post.

Anybody else like this idea, or is it superfluous?

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
And I just thought of something. Does anyone else think a list of various terms, such as those, that a lot of people don't know, might be helpful to have in the first post? Basically, a small glossary of sorts, just because people tend to come here with questions and they might find it helpful to have those terms already defined in the first post.

I'm just going to chime in my support for this idea. If people are asking the questions then it doesn't seem so bad of an idea. Besides, groups like this are partly for education right? If it helps people then we should go for it. Also there's so many terms these days that I can't keep track of all of them.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I assume what you mean by transgender is someone who doesn't identify as either male or female, in which case I suppose you could assume as such because technically they're not male or female. As we're all aware the gender spectrum is extremely wide etc. (which is why i dislike the term heterosexual because that means opposite and it's unlikely people are going to be completely male or completely female) but if you mean a transgender who identifies as just male or just female then no, you wouldn't be attracted to more that two things because they would be just that - A man or a woman.

I'm assuming you mean those who don't fit neatly into either 0 or 1 on the spectrum however.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
PLEASE put a list! There's so many orientations that I just can't keep up, and I feel stupid when demisexual and all that gets jumbled in lol. :(

-Jared-

Years
Here is what I have so far:

Heterosexual: Term used to describe a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexual: Term used to describe a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the same sex.

Demisexual: Term used to describe a person who is only sexually attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection.

Pansexual: Term used to describe a person who can be sexually and romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex.

Asexual: Term used to describe a person who does not feel sexual attraction to any gender or sex. NOTE: An asexual person can still have romantic attraction to other people, just not sexual attraction.

Please correct me as necessary, and give me suggestions for more terms. I uh, don't remember what everything in the old acronym stood for. >__> And I still am gonna type up transgendered and transsexual terms, no worries!

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Perhaps you should make a note of things like Biromantic, Heteromantic, Homoromantic and such so people know those terms as well?

-Jared-

Years
Perhaps you should make a note of things like Biromantic, Heteromantic, Homoromantic and such so people know those terms as well?

Can and will do! Thank you for the suggestion!

I am trying to make a fairly large list, so suggestions are welcome. xD Also, I feel somewhat ashamed to say this, but I have had to do a lot of googling to get accurate definitions and terminology. >__>

Also if you guys wanna spruce up my definitions, by all means, go ahead! I feel like I am being all cold and clinical and scientific with these, so if you want them to be more...like, warm and human sounding, say so! :3

Last edited:
Back