• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
He clarified earlier that it was Phantom Hourglass. :3 Which I've never played hahah.

Years
accidentally deleted my save so I lost motivation :(
Yes, that is pretty much the case with me all the time. Whenever I accidentally delete a save file of a game, I'm just like -_- and lose all hope in the world and just move on to something else. This especially happens with Pokemon, if I don't save the game and my DS turns off or I delete my save file, I always just turn the power off...and play some Far Cry 2/3 baby!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah it wasn't even that much game! Like 15 hours or something like that. I just didn't want to start ALL over especially since that game has so much plot, lmao.

Devil Survivor Overclocked! That was its name!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I like Persona! I heard the other Shin Megami games were impossible though. I tried to play the one that was remade on the 3DS I forget the name but my boyfriend accidentally deleted my save so I lost motivation :(

The MMO was fun too!
Haha, Persona is pretty easy though. But since you played a SMT game you should know how things work. I beat Persona 4 twice and thought Nocturne on normal was a breeze after the first few bosses. Screw Labyrinth of Amala though! If you want to keep your sanity don't go there, since it's optional, and the ending isn't worth fighting the three hardest bosses in the game. (I gave up after beating Beelzebub.) I think the game is superior to Persona in nearly every way except story and characters. Persona 3 has the best cast in a JRPG imo.

Most people who thought the game was impossible were first timers to the series.

Also the game you played, Devil Summoner: Overclocked, is an SRPG very different from the usual SMT games. Give Nocturne a try, it's really cheap!
Because fans like those could potentially force the developers to give up for giving them too much pressure to create a Zelda game that's the same rank as Ocarina of Time. If you're talking about the reviews that gave the lowest scores to Skyward Sword for those complaints, it was confirmed that they were playing the game wrong.
Ocarina of Time is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, it's not just the fans. It's normal for developers to try and surpass the game most consider their best. And honestly, feedback is a good thing. Mario Galaxy knocked Sunshine out (and I love Sunshine), Donkey Kong Country Returns sticked with being a hard precise platformer and New Super Mario Bros U I actually bothered to play because it's so gorgeous compared to how bland the Wii game feels. All of those are from fan feedback.

Years
He clarified earlier that it was Phantom Hourglass. :3 Which I've never played hahah.

Um... I seem to have completely missed page 3. XDD
Woops. Oh well.

The Persona games are epic! I haven't played them in so long; should really dig out P4 at some point.​

Years
Um... I seem to have completely missed page 3. XDD
Woops. Oh well.

The Persona games are epic! I haven't played them in so long; should really dig out P4 at some point.​
Same here, I need to hop onto some Persona, you guys are making it sound really fun and juicy :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I like 3 more than 4. :( Idk I just found Chie REALLY ANNOYING and it was just so bouncy and yellow and I just didn't like it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Most people seem to like 4 more though! At least most of my friends. I am the black sheep.

fIDlv.png

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
3's cast is definitely better than 4's imo. (3 has a baseball loving guy and a boxer, so I may be biased.) But honestly I can't finish 3, because Tartarus is so tedious and I hate A.I controlled team mates (should buy Persona 3 Portable, though). 4 was an absolute joy to play through and through. It had better demon selection, a more enjoyable battle system, different themed dungeons and great bosses. I also prefer the story over 3's, but I'm a sucker for murder mystery. Oh, and all the playable characters are likable. To be honest I only care about Akihiko, Junpei, Yukari and Mitsuru in 3, and they alone made me prefer 3's cast. But, the only character I possibly wouldn't give a damn about in 4 is Chie, because Kanji is obviously superior.

I recommend playing 3 before 4, still, if you want to play both. It's almost impossible to play 3 after 4 because of the A.I controlled team mates and Tartarus. P3P fixes one issue though, but not Tartarus. Never played 1 or 2 but I heard they are very outdated with pretty annoying game mechanics.

EDIT: You'd be surprised at the amount of people who think Persona 3 is better. 'Course most of them are pretty annoying fanboys/girl, to be honest.

EDIT2: Oh, I'd give the music to Persona 4. But 3 has the best battle theme ever. BAYBABYBABYBABY

Last edited:
Years
If anything, I'll probably play 3 first. Since 4 would most likely make more sense to me if I played a Persona game prior to playing 4. Plus, I would get a lot more understanding of the game. Persona has showed that it has many talking points, and I would like to see what all the chat is about :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think the plots are in any way related though, kinda like Final Fantasy. I might be wrong though.

Years
No, I don't think they are linked at all, but I could also be wrong.

I have so many games that I have in my flat that I want to play, but I don't know where to start! RE6, FarCry 3, FIFA (usual), F1 2013... the list goes onnnnnnnn! Think it is going to be FarCry 3 though! :3​

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've still to beat... (but pretty close for all of them)
-Hotel Dusk
-Wario Land 2
-Wario Land 3
-Wario Land 1
-Wario Land: Shake Dimension
-Mario vs Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong 94
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Rhythm Paradise
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Metal Gear Solid 1
-Paper Mario Sticker Star

And I just got Halo 4 and Trauma Team, too. ugh I'm on my ass playing Elite Beat Agents and Wario Land 4 all time.

Now that I think about it, Persona 4 made me waste so much time. I pretty much played it every week after school till dinner till I beat the true final boss. Then I felt empty, and joined the boxing club. I now hate playing games for longer than an hour session after that, which is why I vastly prefer handhelds over consoles. But, it also resulted to that backlog.

EDIT: Know what? Time to finally finish Hotel Dusk, so I can move on to Trace Memory/Another Code...dammit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
You guys can't beat me in not beating games I haven't even finished Platinum, Black and White 2. Despite buying Platinum like 4 years ago, I lose interest in Pokemon games very quickly.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Already beat you, buddy.

Are Pokemon games the only ones you play? No wonder you got bored. I like to vary the games I play. Can't stand playing the same genre for long, with platformers being the only exception.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yeah, I don't know games to play. So recommend me some, no fps anyway, my mum doesn't likes me to play FPS, speaking of that, am I the only person whose parents doesn't like him/her to play fps games?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ahhh Spino your avatar reminds me of the time when I played that game and I got myself trapped so there was nothing I could do but lose and so I had to quit and never played again. :(

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah, I don't know games to play. So recommend me some, no fps anyway, my mum doesn't likes me to play FPS, speaking of that, am I the only person whose parents doesn't like him/her to play fps games?
Well, what do you like? Seeing as you have a DS, you can check this. My personal favorites are Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Paradise, and I'm really loving Hotel Dusk so get those three if you can. You can find all of them dirt cheap. Other games I'd recommend are all Ace Attorney games, 999, Ghost Trick, Mario Kart DS and Mario and Luigi.
Ahhh Spino your avatar reminds me of the time when I played that game and I got myself trapped so there was nothing I could do but lose and so I had to quit and never played again. :(
Hotel Dusk? Are you talking about the time where you couldn't go down the stairs because the hotel owner would ask to inspect your items?

You have to hide them, if that's what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back