• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

poor people make me sad :c

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't donate to charities as much as I should, but only because I never have the money to do it. If I had money to spare to give I would in a heartbeat though. Every Christmas I try to give some change to The Salvation Army in the those tin cans they put in front of store, cause as they say, every penny counts. Even if I only have a few pennies, I put some in them. For bigger charities though, I feel the need to donated more than a dollar and I never have a lot of money on me.

Years
These days I can't be because I'm mostly broke. But I've never gone out of my way to donate to charity. Sometimes if the opportunity is already there I might give like a few dollars, but that's it. :(

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't trust a lot of charities, tbh, which deters me from donating money.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I donate to charities a lot more than individual people because I've had some homeless people rip me off before. That being said, I donate a bit. Not A BIT, but a little amount. I actually once had somebody get mad at me for donating to a drug rehab center for men because it was for men, so now that's where I primarily donate both money and time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If I had a lot of money I'd want to donate it to homeless people/charities. I would want to do something nice for them.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
If I had a job or some money then I would donate to charities. I wouldn't give money to random people though. :3

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I would donate to poor prople that dont have an leg for example, that cant see or hear anything, to kids or to a mom with a baby to feed him. not to poor people who are perfectly fine, have arms,legs and all, they can get a job like that.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I dislike panhandlers down in the NYC subway system. It all goes back to this one incident where a "blind" dude cam in and begged for money, and many people gave it to him (I didn't). At the end of the car, he dramatically opened his eyes and said "I can see!" before going to the next car. Poor people got robbed.

So yeah, I don't take risks in donating to panhandlers, not unless it's extremely obvious they aren't fakes. I do give money to performances though! The brilliant thing about NYC is that there are some great musicians and dancers down in the subway (and at parks and the like). If I have some cash on me to spare, I'll definitely toss a buck or two.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Most of the time I donate about $3 every 2 to 3 weeks when I'm at the store. I donate more usually to the Red Cross (around $50 to $75) when a national disaster strikes somewhere in the world, and its a country I like, at least from various photos or videos I see on YouTube, the most I have ever donated was $175 a few days after the tsunami in Japan.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I don't work cause i'm 11 years old,but I do give some money to the poor people when I have some change.
But I don't trust the companies,I give them face to face to the people that are poor.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
If I had the money, I would definitely donate to charities as often as possible. However I would only donate to those who truly needed it, if you know what I mean- an example is children in Africa who have to walk for eight hours in order to find water, which even then isn't particularly clean and healthy for them. It just seems selfish not to, I understand people have to work for their wage and survive already by regularly buying groceries etc. but rich people who's pockets are filled with cash to the brim and live in a great mansion should donate as well, at least in my opinion. Every dollar makes a difference at least to me.

I would also donate to poor people, those who had an uneducated life and were forced to beg on streets, along with orphans and those living in warzones. However I guess the only exception is people who are unemployed but have the credentials and potentials to get a job, but they're too slack and instead get their wage by begging people on the streets.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
if i had money i would give biscuits, blankets , old clothes and a few other items to poor kids and handicapped people

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I am very charitable! When I go to McDonalds and they ask me to donate a dollar to the Ronald McDonald Foundation, I do it. And I donate clothes. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm very charitable, but I've always believed in the saying that charity begins at home. I don't donate to charities because I don't know which ones are religious and which ones are not, and knowing somebody who earns $80,000 a year working for a charity collection agency makes me unsure that the money actually gets to the people to whom you're donating.

I give money to my friends and help them out wherever they need to be helped. I have tons of people who owe me money that they've borrowed, but I know that they're not in any position to give it back to me and I don't really care if they do, so I'm not going to hound them for it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ever since I went on a religion retreat and I had to listen to some homeless girl's selfish story about how she left her parents with her kid, ran away from home to be with some jamaican dude and then decided to prostitute herself because she wanted to do drugs, I've completely stopped giving money to the homeless. What also added to this is when my father hears them first ask him or others for a cigarette and then right after, chat with other homeless about how much they earned that day and it is usually around $300. wtf. I get not everyone's situation is like this, but it makes me so angry.
I just offer a smile and a "have a good day/ evening/ morning." I want to know my money is being put to good use.

So no. I don't donate to them. I will occasionally give money to street performers though. I do donate to other causes and I use my money to help people that I know that are suffering (ie someone I know who is in bad financial situation due to family health problems and wants to afford to go to college, etc)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't have a job so I don't really donate my money to anyone. Once I get a job I'm thinking of giving back since I feel bad about not donating even when I do have some money.

Back