• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Well, I am going to release my Beta 1.5 in a few days. Everything has been thoroughly beta tested by me. I just have to rewrite my Youngster Joey/Team Rocket script and a few trainer battles!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Beta 1.5 Information

Beta 1.5 is finally completed. I did Pokedex descriptions up to around #20 or so. Grass animations are completed. Water animations are NOT completed. You may notice some backsprites may be a little too big, this is really minor. The type color box for poison and some other types are missing their second top color. Once again, this is really minor. Minor things can be fixed really easily. Besides that, everything else has been nicely polished. I already know that very very few attacks don't have descriptions which can also be easily fixed.

Other notes:
Silverdust Town has been changed to Silversky Town
Oak's intro is now 96% completed
Title screen will be completed in a later beta
Cries are not done yet. I can do this whenever
Hero sprite will obviously be changed for a later beta
Old Rod does not work yet, I want to do something cool with it
Everything has been greatly updated from beta 1
Will be uploading new screens shortly
Tizzle is my favorite character in this game =)
Beta 1.5 will be uploaded in a few hours
And lastly, here's a sneaky screenshot!

Andddd finally, I beta tested this game countless of times, literally.
There should be no bugs at all, I squashed them all. Not even a single grammar error, lol.
I can't wait to release beta 2, fun fun. Dedicated.
I'm a bit drunk tired right now, haha. More things will be uploaded tomorrow =P

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Well it looked good until I saw the pokedex. No one cares about seeing the base stats of their pokemon in a rom hack they can't play online, I like reading little bits of information on my pokemon :(

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Beta 1.5 Information

Well it looked good until I saw the pokedex. No one cares about seeing the base stats of their pokemon in a rom hack they can't play online, I like reading little bits of information on my pokemon :(

Pokémon description entries are really redundant now. We read these things repetitively from every Pokémon game that we have played in the past. So I decided to spice it up with something more useful so when you catch a Pokémon, you'll immediately see its stats to see if you are interested in training it. Not everyone is a competitive battler, so I figured I'll help the people that are not too experienced with Pokémon stats.

With that being said. Beta 1.5 is now live! The last event of this beta is opening that locked mysterious door located in Silversky Town... Also, sidenote. This game will have lots of morning/day/afternoon/evening/night events. So you better make sure to revisit some places =P

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Incoming Beta 2 Information

My goal before the summer is up, is to dish out a beta 2 going up to the seventh gym in Powerstone City battling, the Great Sparkus. I want to make up for some lost time from my laptop hard drive failure. Beta 2 would have been released already =/

Well, here is inside of Lola's gym. As you can see with this hack, if you have not noticed, the graphics are going to be simple, easy, and consistent, I want to have this hack completed...

Overworld sprite changes will be included in Beta 3.

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Something I really dislike about this hack is grass in cities/towns. It just annoys me whenever im going through the town/city and pokemon pop up.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Something I really dislike about this hack is grass in cities/towns. It just annoys me whenever im going through the town/city and pokemon pop up.

Why can't a rom hack have a little different taste from the original games? Isn't that the point of rom hacking? There are only three towns, not cities accessible in this game and only one of them has grass since it is a town based off of a mystical forest and hosts a legend that will be accessed much later in the game... and what's the difference between grass in a town and grass in a route...?

Well, in this game, there are
going to be a lot of "non traditional" features that were not in the originals simply because as a player of these games, I always wished that they had mixed things up a bit. For instance, I am going to have unofficial gyms and lots of other things that I have always wanted in the GBA game series.

Last edited:
Years
I really like your ideas of being different from the official games, and I also find the descriptions really useful! Anyways, good luck with it :D

Years
I really like your ideas of being different from the official games, and I also find the descriptions really useful! Anyways, good luck with it :D

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015

Why can't a rom hack have a little different taste from the original games? Isn't that the point of rom hacking? There are only three towns, not cities accessible in this game and only one of them has grass since it is a town based off of a mystical forest and hosts a legend that will be accessed much later in the game... and what's the difference between grass in a town and grass in a route...?

Well, in this game, there are
going to be a lot of "non traditional" features that were not in the originals simply because as a player of these games, I always wished that they had mixed things up a bit. For instance, I am going to have unofficial gyms and lots of other things that I have always wanted in the GBA game series.

Well considering that fact that the town I was in, the 3rd Town, (I didn't really care about the grass in the other towns cause it's not a lot) was mapped liked a maze. And to get to certain places you had to go through patches of grass and it annoys me since Pokemon always appear. It would have been nice to have repels in the PokeMarts though. I think of cities and routes differently. Routes are where annoying Pokemon pop up. That's where you train and catpture new Pokemon. Cities/Towns are where you rest from those stuff. You heal your Pokemon, do the stuff you have to do in towns, and battle gym leaders. But that's just my opinion.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Well considering that fact that the town I was in, the 3rd Town, (I didn't really care about the grass in the other towns cause it's not a lot) was mapped liked a maze. And to get to certain places you had to go through patches of grass and it annoys me since Pokemon always appear. It would have been nice to have repels in the PokeMarts though. I think of cities and routes differently. Routes are where annoying Pokemon pop up. That's where you train and catpture new Pokemon. Cities/Towns are where you rest from those stuff. You heal your Pokemon, do the stuff you have to do in towns, and battle gym leaders. But that's just my opinion.

Lol, there is no grass in the first few towns, what are you talking about. Well, if it makes you feel better, I'll personally create a separate patch with a renamed Silversky Town to Silversky Forest...
just for you. Actually, that place, if you haven't talked to the NPC, is called Forslorn Forest a sub section of Silversky Town. That is what the NPC tells you... There is even a sign stating that you are entering the forest section of the town... it is a forest, it is supposed to have wild encounters that annoy you, just like in the original games. Well in this game, like I said, is not going to follow the repetitive traditionals of the official games. Also, there is a lady that gives you a Cleanse Tag. In fact, I'll just lower the encounter rate and supply repels in the Silversky Pokecenter.

Brighton Town - No grass at all...
Seaview Town - No grass at all...
-If you are talking about the gym, Bugsler likes to bring back Pokemon for his girlfriend...
Silversky
(Forest) Town- Of course it will have grass...
-Lola's gym will have a garden because it fits her personality...

In Aqualight City, Gym Leader Aquinas will obviously not have grass in his gym because he trains water types...

Your making a big deal about something that I can easily adjust in two seconds...

Sounds like you hate wild Pokemon... if you haven't noticed in the official games, grass on routes are put in certain places to make it a bit annoying/challenging to get to a certain place... or to obtain an item... same procedure applies here in this rom hack... this is nothing new...

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nah, I don't hate wild Pokemon. It just seems wrong seeing grass in cities/towns.

Silversky (Forest) Town- Of course it will have grass...
This would have been nice to know lol.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Nah, I don't hate wild Pokemon. It just seems wrong seeing grass in cities/towns.

This would have been nice to know lol.

Spoiler:

Pretty much, yeah. That was my intention upon its creation and the outskirt portion of the town is more or like the main entrance section to the town's forest, as stated by the sign. That's an outdated map, however.

Last edited:
Years
There is a cave in route 50 I think, it has a Team rocket grunt but he does nothing. And I can't pick up the pokeball there. Also Nidorina (boy) first forms battle sprite is messed up. Its half his body. Also there is a guy in the second town all he says is ...

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
There is a cave in route 50 I think, it has a Team rocket grunt but he does nothing. And I can't pick up the pokeball there. Also Nidorina (boy) first forms battle sprite is messed up. Its half his body. Also there is a guy in the second town all he says is ...

1st Query
Screenshots would be nice. There is no cave on Route 50, hmm, you mean Tosturf Tunnels on Route 51? That Pokeball in that area is accessed by using Rock Smash later in the game. I am not sure if this is the place you are talking about however. Did those rocks somehow randomly disappeared for you?

2nd Query

Nidoran's backsprite is now fixed. I just forgot to reposition it. Good catch!

3rd Query
This is actually not a bug. He purposely says that because he is staring at that item behind the house through the window. He actually speaks later on in the game. I won't say how though!

Years
1st [lNT]Query
Screenshots would be nice. There is no cave on Route 50, hmm, you mean Tosturf Tunnels on Route 51? That Pokeball in that area is accessed by using Rock Smash later in the game. I am not sure if this is the place you are talking about however. Did those rocks somehow randomly disappeared for you?

2nd Query

Nidoran's backsprite is now fixed. I just forgot to reposition it. Good catch!

3rd Query
This is actually not a bug. He purposely says that because he is staring at that item behind the house through the window. He actually speaks later on in the game. I won't say how though!

Yeah they did disappear and it crashed my game before I could save lol, but I went back after I started a new game and the rocks are there. Also can you evolve electabuzz in this game
?
Also I can now provide screen shots, just had to figure out how on a phone. But I'm glad you fixed the backsprite it look funny XD.

Back