• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Only one now. I used to be into others when I was younger, but I slowly found a lot of them with repeating storylines or characters. Others just went bad. But for me, One Piece has always been great, or at the very least never bad. So I'm trying to keep up with it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Currently going with Naruto, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail and Pokespe. Not much into any anime bar SAO.

Years
For some reason I love anime but I'm not a fan of manga. I can't really explain it. But I always get angry when people tell me to read the manga of something because I'm not going to.

The I'm currently watching the Black Butler and Naruto (which I have surprisingly never watched before until recently). Although I'm almost done with the second season of BB and I don't know what to watch next.

Sir Codin

I just got back into Ranma 1/2 anime-wise, for some reason.

As for manga, as always...Pokemon Special. I recently started reading Futari Ecchi again, too (it's actually quite educational sometimes).

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Anime: Great teacher Onizuka, Trigun, Welcome to the NHK, Black Lagoon, Sengoku Basara, Gurren Lagan, Baccano!, Highschool of the dead, Samurai Champloo.
Manga: One Piece, GUNNM (Battle Angel Alita), Hellsing.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
What I'm trying to do whilst balancing my last year of school is:

Anime:
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
One Piece
Sword Art Online

Manga:
Death Note
Fairy Tail
Kekkaishi (Amazing)
Hunter X Hunter
Naruto
One Piece
Shaman King

I wouldn't mind getting back into Ranma 1/2.

However, cut me some slack.
I've only been watching anime/reading manga since this time last year.
(Started by watching all the episodes of One Piece)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
The only anime I'm actively watching right now is Zetsuen no Tempest. I had quite a number of anime in my backlog, but as soon as I realized that Bones was making an anime this season, I had to start watching just this one. XD; I find it to be a brilliant series so far. I'm absolutely enchanted by the Bones studio quality animation. I love the characters, their individual motives and interests, yet they and the story's events are centered around this one intriguing character. The story can end in tragedy like Hamlet or have a happy ending like The Tempest. Yup, Shakespeare. So, I'm on the edge every week...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm still involved into the whole Hakuouki hype I got into last Nov/December. I recently rewatched the (main) anime and I still enjoy it. A lot has been said about this series, both positive and negative, but I liked it. Compared to the it's source, the game is obviously better, but still. :3

I'm also watching Chihaya Furu. Though I started watching it mainly for the general set-up of it being a Josei series(I didn't even know what "Karuta" was), I quickly found out it's one of the better (new) Anime series I've seen in a while.... which goes much farther than the (apparent) initial "1 girl and 2 boys" set-up. Definitally going to finish the first season and the second one.

I'm also watching Amnesia and Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun, but they're not really high on my priority list. I blame tumblr for making me watch these anime. |D

I don't read that much manga, but last weekend, I stumbled on "ICHI". Though classified as a Seinen (which I haven't read before) the story is quite interesting. I read 33 chapters in one go and I can't wait for more chapters. :3

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
Psycho Pass and Jojo Bizarre Adventure, I recommend them. :D

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I am working my way through two things that everyone here probably seen and read.

I am currently on volume 10 of the Pokemon Adventures Manga. I'm loving it so far, and I notice it's actually much darker than the rest of the Pokemon canon out there.

I am currently watching Inuyasha, currently on episode 135. I'm quite curious to see where they go from here.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Started watching Kokoro Connect despite after stopping watching it like 2 months ago.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I accidentally downloaded the entirety of this manga called It's Not Like That, Darling and I'd have deleted it ASAP because the translation job is terrible but I don't want the poor share ratio to reflect on my BakaBT account.

Also tonight I'm either starting Angel Beats or Lyrical Nanoha depending on how serious I want to get.

TwilightBlade

Years
Although I'm still following Zetsuen no Tempest, I started and completed Durarara in the mean time. I plan on watching Baccano next.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I'm actually starting Battle Royale (manga). I really liked the book, though the movie was a letdown... So I'm seeing how the manga plays it out. I highly recommend it.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I'm currently finishing Code Geass, and I plan to watch Soul Eater and Bakemonogatari next, I'm also making my way through Bleach and Naruto in the meantime.

As for manga, I'm currently reading through Rosario + Vampire, because a friend of mine recommended it to me, and also Higurashi: When They Cry, I loved the anime for that, and I heard the manga even better than it (which is usually the case).

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I'm currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka. All the faces that onizuka comes up with give me a good chuckle.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
nothing right now, looking for something good to watch with Romance/Action/Adventure/Fantasy with good characters/story. any suggestions? :D

last one I was watching was SAO, which kind of dropped the ball (sadly) so i stopped midway.

TwilightBlade

Years
I finished Baccano. I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and will start on Hyouka, Bokurano, and Tamako Market sooon enough.

I'm currently finishing Code Geass, and I plan to watch Soul Eater and Bakemonogatari next, I'm also making my way through Bleach and Naruto in the meantime.
All very good series to watch (though I've only watched a few episodes from Soul Eater). I hope you get a kick out of Bakemonogatari. ;D

nothing right now, looking for something good to watch with Romance/Action/Adventure/Fantasy with good characters/story. any suggestions? :D
I'd love to suggest some. Read up on any if you like. I've watched all of these and enjoyed them. Just listing the genres I think stand out, too.

Romance/Mecha: Eureka Seven
Romance/Comedy/School: Toradora!
Action/Mecha/Romance: Code Geass
Action/Fantasy: Zetsuen no Tempest (Blast of Tempest)
Action/Supernatural: Durarara

Back