• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Aura I love the mysterious woman's sprite! It kinda reminded me of one of the sprites from Pokemon Red in the ghost tower
I cant wait for the new version to come out T_T, any unofficial basic date? Like November or something?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have to say, this hack is quite interesting. It doesn't feel like a FR hack, even though most graphics have been unchanged. I love how the plot is different from average Pokemon games, rather than, "Hi, I'm Professor Tree! Welcome to the world of Pokemon!" we get (I'm reciting from memory) "OHMYGOD UR GONNA DIE!!!!".

Also, some of the dialogue is funny. Like the one where it says something like, "To become a member, you need to see the president. In order to see the president, you have to be a member."

Do we ever find out why the protagonist was in critical condition during the intro, and why he/she's part cyborg?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Plot holes are the last thing I want in my story so you can count on everything "mysterious" being explained in one way or another.

About the release date for the next demo, I thought I already mentioned it at the end of the current demo. :\
December 31 at the LATEST.

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
Plot holes are the last thing I want in my story so you can count on everything "mysterious" being explained in one way or another.

About the release date for the next demo, I thought I already mentioned it at the end of the current demo. :\
December 31 at the LATEST.
Well I didnt remember since I tried it a long time ago [If you remember me - Ori]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I'll update the screenshots and the world map once I release the second demo.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
Up to the sewers and a bit confused, the Map doesnt really match the sewers, or is it just me? Where is the old man's store? None of the doors unlock ~_~
Or I cant read maps, and im stupid... ADDED: NVM, Figured it out x_x

Also, Amazing Hack, Love the original storyline and how the Character can finally talk :3
The new Starters are awesome and I just like the style and feel of it all. <3
Keep it up!

*Just finished the first Demo and it's awesome!!~ Can't wait for the next and is there anyway where you can start off where you left off? O.o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2011
I tried to make a video playthrough of this for youtube, except I got too hooked and forgot to record some of it! This game is so great, the storyline, character depth, and everything! Hopefully my video coverage will shed more light on it and bring more people to play this amazing game! I can't wait until the next demo so I can see the overworlds, etc!

PS - If you need any sprites or anything I can try. I used to sprite and I know a bit about ROM hacking in general, so I can do some of that.

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
More graphics!! :) I thought the logo I did before was a bit small, so I've bumped it up a few notches for you to see some more detail. I've also tried to make it look a lot darker (more stormy than overcast), and added a slogan - please tell me if it's too cheesy :P

identitydark.png

I've also done some corresponding userbars for you lot too. The first one is still:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204403"][IMG]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1574/identityuserbarstill.png[/IMG][/URL]
And an animated one with the slogan thing:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204403"][IMG]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4530/identityuserbaranim.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Hope these are all right. :)

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I just finished Identity a few hours ago, and I may be exaggerating a bit, but this hack is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously, this is the best Pokemon game I've played since I brought SoulSilver. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021

Spoiler:

Wow thats a nice logo.
I especially like the fog, very mysterious

I never even thought about a slogan before now. I'll come up with a slogan myself but yours gave me some ideas.

Anyways, thanks for the userbars.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I never even thought about a slogan before now. I'll come up with a slogan myself but yours gave me some ideas.

Fair enough :) My one was grammatically incorrect anyway (it should be 'wake' instead of 'woke'). Here's one without the slogan for you:

identitydarknoslogan.png

flavios

Lord of Fun
Years
I have to say this hack is the greatest pokemon game i have played so far. After Platinum, SS and HG where a great disapointment and i thought that pokemon would go down hill from there. But after playing your hack, gotta say the future looking bright. Awesome hack, cant wait for the next release. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for the new logo.

And I know I don't say this enough but thanks everyone for the comments and support.

Years
This hack rocks!

Awesome hack, dude! This is by far the best pokemon hack I've ever played, and I am definitely looking forward to the when it gets finished. Keep up the good work!

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
I'm not sure if this is really worth mentioning, but Suzie keeps referring to Vixie as a she but when you trade the Hoppip for it it's a he :\

Also, if Id has this super cool robo-body, he should be able to download HM data to it like he downloaded the Pokedex and running shoes upgrades instead of having to teach it to Pokemon like usual. I think it would be a pretty neat touch and not because I hate HMs or anything >.>.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
You're right, Vixie is a she
I forgot to set the Vulpix gender ratio to 100% female.

Still, you must've been pretty unlucky (or really lucky) to get male Vulpix.

Something will be done when it comes to HMs since I absolutely hate HMs too (who doesn't)

Back