• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Cry Editor

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Whenever I use a gen 5 cry, and I convert it, it says that I need to convert it. HELP. :(

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Alright, it works now. Thanks. :)

*Edit: When I try to change a cry in Emerald (Bulbasaur -> Snivy), the sound doesn't play. Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnLnEFZvhA

Look what happened in my PC.
I don't know what is but if you can say me, Shiny Quagsire I would apreciate to you!

Hmmmm... Try cleaning up some of the inside work files. Delete GBA WAV converter from the A-Cry folder, and go to your C drive and delete both temp.wav and temp.bin. If one of those doesn't exist, tell me.

Whenever I use a gen 5 cry, and I convert it, it says that I need to convert it. HELP. :(

What did you use to convert it? I use r8brain, which is a lovely and free tool.

As for the emerald problems, I'll try and fix those. I'm not entirely sure why it does that, but I'll look into it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023

I used R8brain. :disappoin

It was Sewaddle's cry.

Last edited:

JustKidingYa

No, this time its for real
Years
It says I need to convert the cry to a 8bit 11kHz .wav sound i converted it to a 8bit wav but it still say i need to convert it pleese help because i try to insert most of the 156 B/W pokes
Ps. I'm hacking Firered
Pps.I'm converting with r8brian or what ever its called.
EDIT: that might be it i'll try that thanks ;D

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

Years
It says I need to convert the cry to a 8bit 11kHz .wav sound i converted it to a 8bit wav but it still say i need to convert it pleese help because i try to insert most of the 156 B/W pokes
Ps. I'm hacking Firered
Pps.I'm converting with r8brian or what ever its called.

Be sure you also converted it to 11kHz. It might be why it doesn't work.

Craver

I'm From WAH!
Years
Hey SQ! I think that you could release A-Cry 1.2 xD

Because 1.0 version got a lot of bugs :/

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Hmm, not working, saying my .wav is invalid - have I converted it right?

Image:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I tried that too. Am I doing it right?

dwdewcedw.jpg
You appear to have selected 10,000Hz, when you should have chosen 11,025 Hz. Try with that.
Also, try turning the quality to 'Very high' to make it sound better.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm having an issue that occurs after I click "Write to ROM." It says "Error: cannot find WAV audio data." Then it goes to an "Advanced Cry Editor has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." window. I am trying to replace Kyogre's cry with Reshiram's cry in Pokemon Ruby. I converted the WAV to 11025 Hz 8 bit using WavePad Sound Editor. I will attach the WAV file I'm trying to insert if it will help you to help me in any way.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I can report a couple of issues with this tool. The first one (which is pretty major) is that it inserts the cry unaligned. This means it won't play in the rom!

You need to make sure that the cry is word aligned (ends with a 0, 4, 8 or C) or the rom can't play it!

Secondly, and less importantly, it would be nice if we could set where we want the search for free space to start. Unless I missed that in the INI of course...

These issues aside, this is a great little tool, and the quality of the cries is a vast improvement over PokeCry's GUI.

Also: The tool has a bad habit of inserting new cries over the "quiet" sections of old cries. In older cries which the tool has inserted, if there is a certain amount of FF's back to back, the tool inserts the new cry over the old cry, causing problems.

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

Years

A-Cry 1.2

Most bugs have been fixed, except for a few I don't know of. Here's the changelist:

• Added a check for safe addresses
  • Added a way to see original cry's length
  • Added Auto Cry Fixing! this allows users to give the application the location to r8brain console, and it will automatically convert it when opening a cry!
  • Partially added the ability to play RAW cries. To be added next update.

Update from the application, or download here.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I'd like to report that the update is nice but... the exit on the menu doesn't appear to have been coded.

Gigafrost

Pokemon GBA Spriter and Coder
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Shiny quagsire the genius behind A-Cry, I must congradulate you for this handy tool and all the others you've made. I really can't thank you guys enough in the creation of all these wonderful tools. Is there like a banner or something that I can wear in my sig to promote you guys? Lol.

Okay so hear me out with this issue:

I am making custom made sounds via audacity (found out a method of making my own pokemon cries heheheh) anyway when I load them up in Emerald, everything seems fine, It imports well and everything and it loads it in. I am trying to replace some starters and was able to successfully replace MUDKIPs and TREECKO, but for some reason I can't find the ID for TORCHIC???? I tried inputting 280 as it's game ID but it does NOT work. It just plays it's own cry. This also applies to a lot of other pokemon, they simply will just play their original sounds. Tried this with zigzagoon and got the same results.

My belief is that the game ID is not being found. But i guess that doesn't make sense. A-Cry HAS to see the game ID right? So why isn't it playing????

You think you can include some sort of list of all the IDs of the pokemon that A-Cry determines is the cry of said pokemon (i.e 277 - Treecko 278 - Grovile and so on) that your program uses because for emerald the game ID might be a little different then yape is determining. I tried 277 for the game id and was able to replace treecko's sound and replaced sound for mudkip at 283, but torchic's will NOT CHANGE... It's like it skips over some, Which makes me cry inside :(

Shiny Quagsire

Years
To those with issues concerning pokemon over Treeko: I am working of fixing it. The cry table is a bit strange, and isn't as completely in order as I'd like, due to the 26 empty slots not being in the table, which causes some confusion.

Gigafrost

Pokemon GBA Spriter and Coder
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Thanks =) Also noted that for some reason, your A-Cry ver 1.1 actually recognizes the emerald table better than the 1.2 version? Just something I noticed as I was able to import more sounds into emerald using the older version. But still it skips over lots of pokemon. Cheers for dealing with our issues and attempting fixes, means a lot.

Keep up the good work :)

Back