• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Thread Rules

09.png
  • Thank you posts ARE allowed
  • No posting or discussing ROMs
  • No posts asking for battles or trades [*]You may ask for Action Replay codes here
[a id]General Information[/a id]

Quick Questions

Do you need help with the games? Ask here! I'm sure most of you can help each other out as you play through the games. This thread is also for any questions relating to the Dream World, so ask your questions here instead of making a thread in the actual forum. If you want, you are allowed to repost your questions from the last thread. As a note, if you want to know how well a Pokemon fares in battle, how to make a Pokemon the best it can be, or how to design a nice team, then that best fits in In-Game Team Help's Team Questions.

Helpful Links

• Do you have a question about the games? Try to find the answer to your question in our FAQ.
  • Do you think Ruby and Sapphire will get a remake? Discuss it here instead of posting in this section.
  • Do you want a quick battle? Ask here.
  • Do you need help getting a certain Pokemon? Trade for it here.
  • Do you need emulation help? Ask here. [*]Do you need team help? Ask for it here.

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
What are the breeding mechanics for passing on Dream World abilities?

Also, I heard that EV training has changed, can anyone fill me in?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
Is any backtracking required prior to the Elite Four?

A bit.

Spoiler:

What are the breeding mechanics for passing on Dream World abilities?

Female Pokémon with hidden abilities have a 40% chance of passing on the hidden ability to their offspring.

Also, I heard that EV training has changed, can anyone fill me in?

It hasn't.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
In the options menu, at the bottom, there is a check box. What does it do?
It lets you register that feature.
You can access it by pressing Y. Multiple things can be registered :D

The X mark lets you exit the entire menu without having to press B several times.

iSoul

Noob
Years
Does anyone know what the third Pokemon game is going to be? I would image it would be something like silver or grey.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ No one knows, but Silver has been made, so it won't be that.

Are Black/White getting released a day early or something? Somebody mentioned getting Black tomorrow (which is the 5th) and it seems like they got released early in Europe. I'm really confused. :(

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
^ No one knows, but Silver has been made, so it won't be that.

Are Black/White getting released a day early or something? Somebody mentioned getting Black tomorrow (which is the 5th) and it seems like they got released early in Europe. I'm really confused. :(
Nope, Europe is getting the games at the 4th of March while USA gets them the 6th.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Does anyone know what the third Pokemon game is going to be? I would image it would be something like silver or grey.

We haven't heard a whimper about them at all, so no one knows about the third game yet, but it is certain to happen.

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
GTS is exclusive to Fourth Generation games. Now we have Pokemon Global Link as a replacement to GTS, just like Pokeshifter is a replacement too Pal Park.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Can you still do normal free wifi battles with friends? I just tried and it gave the choice to enter 3, is there a way round this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back