• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Is there any way to create a sort of series of a handful of battles that are leveled to your highest leveled pokemon in your party? kind of like the colesiuem battles on pkmn xd and pkmn collesium

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Will someone please answer my question:

Again, can anyone help me with this? Whenever I try to compile it, it says that I have to add define or parameter in line 8. Here is the script:

Spoiler:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@johnr754

There's no such thing as hidesprite 0x800F!!

As far as I know a map can at least hold 255 persons....

hidesprite 0x(person event no) this is in hex....

And put the hidesprite in between, fadescreen 0x1 and fadescreen 0x0

So it will be like this:
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite 0x(person event no.)
fadescreen 0x0

And be sure to input 200 to the person ID box... :)

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Will someone please answer my question:

Again, can anyone help me with this? Whenever I try to compile it, it says that I have to add define or parameter in line 8. Here is the script:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
I tried it.

Instead of an Articuno battle, it shown the Pokenav thing, then went on to the Contest Results Screen (with invisible shiny bulbasaurs), then Pokenav pics in green showed up, then the game reset.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Go into XSE and click the tab "Help" then click on "About". At the bottom right of the box that will appear, there will be a version number. If it says v1.0.0, go to this thread:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025

Download the latest XSE v1.1.1 here.

I tried to download XSE v1.1.1, but it said "404 Not Found". I do not know what to do.

Edit: Never mind, I downloaded it and it worked. Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Game: Fire Red Type: Deleting a specific script Editor: PKSV-UI

Hi, a newbie rom hacker here. I followed the tutorial for enabling the nationaldex straight away, but i couldn't find anything about which script controls the part of the game where Oak upgrades your Pokedex when you get 60 Pokemon.
I need to know because i want to delete it.

Script:
Spoiler:

I figured out the above is part of the script, but is that all of it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
compare 0x8009 0x3C
This is checking to see how many pokemon you currently have recorded. 3C is the number you need to for the script to continue, if you have less than that then you won't get your Pokedex updated. 3C is Hexidecimal for 60. I wouldn't delete that or the script probably won't work.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Is the Wally tutorial battle script easily isolated? I want to edit (mess around with) that battle. I just need the Wally battle script by itself so I can easily test it.

Is the Wally tutorial battle script easily isolated? I want to edit (mess around with) that battle. I just need to know the Wally battle script by itself so I can easily test it.

Last edited:

ChuckNadum

Rookie Producer
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
Game: Fire Red
Type: Person Event
Editor: XSE

Spoiler:

Can't get the message to deploy. All works but that.
Just gives the eevee (unlocks pokemon menu), and fades to black, and goes to normal with the guy gone.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Type: Person Event

Spoiler:

Can't get the message to deploy. All works but that.
Just gives the eevee (unlocks pokemon menu), and fades to black, and goes to normal with the guy gone.

Nothing seems wrong really except for the hidesprite LASTALKED maybe you should change it with 0x800F (Thanks, to DR.FUJI for letting me now that... :)) maybe retyping the script will make it work... :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Type: yes/no, give pokemon, give item, talk

Spoiler:

When i try to compile, i get this error; Too less parameters on line 4. The correct number is 2.

Whats wrong? Also is anything else wrong?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Type: yes/no, give pokemon, give item, talk

Spoiler:

When i try to compile, i get this error; Too less parameters on line 4. The correct number is 2.

Whats wrong? Also is anything else wrong?

The problem with this is that you're using PokeScript based commands, while XSE only accepts a completely different scripting language. All script editors have different variations of commands and the data that you have to apply to each one. I would strongly urge you to read this tutorial to learn the correct structure of each command in XSE.

Anyway, here's a cleaned up version of your script that will work in XSE:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk 0x2
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
msgbox @pokedex 0x2
special 0x16F
msgbox @yesno 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes1
msgbox @decline1 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes2
msgbox @decline2 0x2
givepokemon 0x9E 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @yes1
msgbox @receive1 0x2
givepokemon 0x98 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @yes2
msgbox @receive2 0x2
givepokemon 0x9B 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
release
end

#org @talk
= Hello [PLAYER] are you ready to\nstart your adventure?\p.......\pI thought so.

#org @pokedex
= [PLAYER] received Pokédex.

#org @yesno
= Do you want a CHIKORITA??

#org @receive1
= I see! An excellent choice.\p[PLAYER] received CHIKORITA.

#org @decline1
= Ok, how about a CYNDAQUIL?

#org @receive2
= I see! An excellent choice.\p[PLAYER] received CYNDAQUIL.

#org @decline2
= Ah! Your choice is TOTODILE.\p[PLAYER] received TOTODILE.

The script looks pretty different to what you had, but that's because a lot of the initial commands were unnecessary so I shortened it a bit. I've also added the commands 'setflag 0x828/ 829' as they activate the Pokemon and Pokedex options in the menu respectively (Assuming that this is the first time that the player is getting their Pokemon). Also, this dialogue will play every time you talk to the NPC so put a 'checkflag 0x828/9' command at the start of the script to check if the player has gone through it before and then branch off how ever you see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back