• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crimson Dawn: A Tale of Conquest [OOC]

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hoy, peeps of CD, guess what kind of week this is - you can't?! It's Questionnaire Week, prime excuse for posting in this abandoned, desolate OOC! Here are the questions:

1. Do you think your character has developed through the events of the RP? How so?
What was your favorite arc so far? Alamagna, Stoneyard or Amoon?
3. What was your favorite time, moment or your favorite post in this RP so far?
4. Who do you think is the most passionate character? Whether they be from the Emperor's side, or Thrace's!
5. Who do you think is the most apathetic character?
6. Who has the most interesting personal story arc?
7. Petrina's got a crystal. How do you think that'll go? Will she wake up one morning and be insane?

Last edited:

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
Years
1. Do you think your character has developed through the events of the RP? How so?

Yes. I'm still attempting to get them face time, but both Isak and Beryl have definitely developed through the events of the RP. Writing out the characters has forced me to round out their personalities and build upon their histories, so I can better portray them. It's an interesting experience, for me.

2. What was your favorite arc so far? Alamagna, Stoneyard or Amoon?

Definitely Amoon because I was part of it! Yay!

When the airship was going to crash.

4. Who do you think is the most passionate character? Whether they be from the Emperor's side, or Thrace's!

Not sure. Isak is is pretty passionate, A daredevil, even. Aside from him, however, I'd choose Garland because Garland is a great character.

Beryl, because I have not had a chance to write her connecting much with anyone, nor have I elaborated on the relationship between Isak and Beryl much.

No ones, really. The RPeople aren't working on their personal arcs much at the moment, and I don't necessarily blame them.

7. Petrina's got a crystal. How do you think that'll go? Will she wake up one morning and be insane?

Wait, she wasn't insane already? It wasn't Isak's idea to hijack a series of airships!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

DxrpWYV.png

.: White Citadel :.

Before the White Citadel was built, in its foundations the Otori Tribe had started an excavation operation, nearly five hundred years ago, to defend themselves against the Illinkar by migrating below the surface of Exathor. That place, the network of underground tunnels and secret chambers, became the first Headquarters of the Gold Tribe during the War of the Third Threat. After the war was over, Emperor Theradras and Vigil re-structured the Gold Tribe and Otori hideout with steel walls and gilded arcs, and the building became known as the Vaults of Reflection. That is where all the knowledge on Exathor, all the important secrets and most of the treasures are hidden in the current day; it was deemed wise by the Gold Tribe that this was the most important place on the island, and that it needed to be defended, so Emperor Theradras decided that is where he would build the palace where he would rule Exathor from. So, the Vaults of Reflection served as the foundations of the White Citadel, a fortress which now defends the base of all Gold Tribe intelligence, undoubtedly being the strongest upon Exathor for that very reason.

Locations -

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years

Nah, not enough posts.

Stoneyard was. Had the most amount of Teneth so DUH.

Idk tbh. I don't even remember if I finished reading everything. o.o I think it may have been either Dareon's battle with Chantalai or Romulus going up he mountains and stuff with Meloetta.

Probably Thrace. She's really pissed. X) Though Dareon seems to carry a fervor as powerful as hers when it comes to fools who wanted to be emperor without his permission. *zap zap*

I don't think anyone is really apathetic. Everyone has their own motives and emotions. I think that Croagunk guy doesn't really care too much about what's going on though.

When I thought about this question I was going to say Tav, but then I remembered Romulus on the way there and I just... Ugh. It's a tie for me. I would like to hear more about Tav's story, but since it hasn't gotten a lot of background because of the RP (and me not reading the Vaults) I don't have as much of a connection to it as Romulus's who has gotten some screen time. I'm really interested to know what triggered Romulus's fall from GT and Gerrick's edition just makes the cake sweeter! ;D

Petrina also has a storyline I'd like to hear more about. Maybe the crystal thing will help???

I think she'll loose the crystal tbh. Whenever she gets to look into it more it'll most likely affect her. Petrina said she wants to use the crystal's power or whatever she learns from it to protect those important to her. Whatever way it affects her negatively I could see her going down that "I'm the only one who can wield it!!" path or getting paranoid and zapping a bunch of people. Maybe cloaked mystery poke in the crystal will keep her grounded? (Probably not.)

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Not as much as I would have liked, not enough posts. But I can't complain too much.

In terms of the story, probably Alamagna. In terms of how my character fit into it, probably Stoneyard, because Gerrick was pretty much absent for Alamagna and in prison for Amoon xD

I'd have to say this one actually. It was a simple conversation between two Pokemon, but it showed much through it. It gave history into the relationship of Garland and Dareon, showing that they were not just an Emperor and his servant but past friends. It fleshed out the type of character Dareon was as well, and showed that he was more than just the crown he wore. It also hinted at other storylines, both past, present and future. Plus I really enjoyed his monologue about Thunder and Lightning.

It'd have to be either Romulus or Dareon. It's a close call.

Apathy comes in many forms, but no one stands out too much in my mind to be honest.

Tavhir, though I am biased to also say Romulus if he had gotten more screentime xD

Insanity also comes in many forms, some of which are quite subtle. Crystals are dangerous, not even sass can stop their power.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I forgot to answer my own questions xD

Seeing as I'm the GM, and I'm obliged to have plenty of characters, I'll tell you for my POV characters.

Zack is the POV character of mine that I feel has changed the most throughout the RP. He started out as cowardly, afraid, loud mouthed and pretentious to an extent. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, but lately I've been playing him way differently. He's more laid back, despite the ongoing war, as if he's already given up on life, and he's less of a coward. I can't wait till he evolves!

Vendra is the least changed of my characters. She's still your typical angst-y, raging daughter with daddy issues who is entering her teens; I've purposefully not changed her, as her agelessness contributes to the personality that won't budge.

What was your favorite arc so far? Alamagna, Stoneyard or Amoon?

My favorite arc was Amoon. I thought it was in every way superior to the other two, to be honest. Pacing, character interaction, participation & development, location, events. Also, as the GM, I had more fun with my posts there. The Obelisk mini-arc represents the reason to why I love RPing with you people: the collective effort, combined with the sense of adventure I poured into the Obelisk. It wasn't anywhere near perfect and I didn't give it as much thought as I could, but it was very, very vivid and refreshing, greatly written by everyone who was in there.

Spoiler:
That was my favorite moment. The theme, combined with the image, make for an ethereal place in my imagination that I'd love to visit. This moment moved me. It's a pity we didn't invest more time in the Obelisk of Stars.

My second favorite moment is Gerrick's words to Romulus. That was very well written from SV's part:

"Gerrick exhaled and allowed the ember to warm his body. "The world's a cruel place, brother," The Krookodile continued to talk. "No one chooses the life they live, but circumstance and position puts us where we are and tries its best to keep us there. For every fat noble or purty Gold Tribe member sittin' nice and cozy in their lit homes with warm fires and full tables, there's a thousand more of us in the wilds. Sometimes, life makes you do things in order to keep goin'. To survive. That's when you learn about your true family. The ones that keep your heart beatin', long after everyone else that could be just like you are swimmin' with the Goldeen."

Romulus reflected upon those words. He identified with Gerrick, there was truth in those words that he'd observed himself in his lifetime. That wasn't an excuse to become a thief, but Romulus wouldn't judge him so harshly for that part of his lifestyle anymore. It's not like Romulus was a saint himself. He'd done his share of killing, and he'd done his share of trickery as well. Morality wasn't one of the top qualities he was known to have. But he had something that Gerrick did not: loyalty. He could expect anything from a person with no loyalty."

Apart from the obvious Thrace, I think Amaterasu Kagemusha is my most passionate character. He is the replacement of the Caretaker in the eyes of his allies, the second most readily apparent leader after Thrace. He may be reserved, and he doesn't show it often, but apart from methodical and calculating, a person must be passionate and maintain a strong resolve to carry out an operation that has already killed thousands of people. Kagemusha's passion is contagious. If not for him, the less vigorous and more introverted Teneth would have his doubts about joining the Family, and the thousands of people Kagemusha persuaded to join the Crimson Crusade in Telmor is just proof of how strong his motivation is.

Romulus. He's made it apparent that he doesn't care much, about you, about him, about them, about anyone or anything, and he is going to cross many boundaries and go to great lengths for his survival, something that we've seen in Gerrick too. Exathians already regard Romulus as a cold-blooded killer; someone who kills without second thought. While that not may be true to an extent, I've always played Romulus as the cynic who has accepted that his soul is lost and that he's got absolutely nothing more to lose.

Tavhir & Cassandra! I'm looking forward to its solution

I also love what I've thought for Romulus. This isn't the first time I'm playing a loose cannon type of character, but his motivation to smash things up is something that I love dearly about the character, even if they lead him to do heinous acts. And it all comes down to his personal story arc, which has started to reveal itself with Gerrick and the childhood they shared.

Seeing as I'm the GM and I call the shots, I'll abstain from answering this question. :DDD

Last edited:
Reactions: SV
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm computer-less at the moment, so I'll refrain from joining any new JPs, as not to bog down the RP. There's two posts to be done still: the Pendro/Petrina interaction and the Punisher/Cassandra one, and whatever else you want to get out there by Saturday or Sunday. That's the deadline for the interaction posts; if you haven't done anything till then, I'll move the IC forward with a single post. Keep in mind that this may be our last chance for relaxed interaction!

Good luck, peeps

- Ray

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Name: Luthor Cromm
Species: Feraligatr
Title: The Silver Claw
Type Mastery: Water
Nationality: Telmor, Stygian

Appearance: Luthor shows the traits of incredibly strong, sleek Feraligatr that have been born into the rough city of Telmor and lived to tell the tale. Luthor wears only a large, black cloak, with a golden trim. On the front of his cloak is a golden star, the mark of his alliance to the Gold Tribe. After Luthor's near death from the second Deathbringer's Mark, he had sustained many injuries, leaving multiple scars across his arms and chest. One on his tail, two larger ones across his back, and one long, fine scar over his left eye.

Personality: Luthor was born with a sense of idealism and morality, but by no means was he a dreamer. Luthor looks for a realistic way of achieving his goal. That goal is peace. Luthor doesn't wish to see his brethren fight each other in cold blood. He had seen too much wasted bloodshed, of his brethren and those unable to fend for themsleves with his own home. With no other option, he selflessly fights to the bitter end. To benefit his people, and to make a better world, even if it destroys him in the process. Though, in his quest for peace, he holds no peace in his own heart. As he fought for what he believed in, he slowly became much harsher, and merciless in battle. Though, after being betrayed in the first Deathbringer's Mark, Luthor will now even slay his own people if sided with Thrace.

As Luthor had been betrayed by his fellow mon, he will no longer hesitate if someone of his own tribe opposes him. He will slay them, the very people Luthor wanted to protect. He's passionate about his cause, and won't stop fighting until he has achieved his goal. Naturally, Luthor spends most of his time in seclusion. Training, sharpening his skills, and more. Though, on occasion... he'll find himself looking up at the night sky, wondering if the fighting will ever stop.

History: Luthor was born into a proud family of Feraligatr. Not well known Feraligatr, but both of his parents have been able to sustain themselves with their fighting skills. Though, they were both bred into the Stygian culture, and just as cold and rough as Stygians get. After some time, Luthor grew into a strong Croconaw, and also saw the Stygian culture for what it is. Having been born in Telmor, Luthor was witness to many killings, purely out of survival. Time and time again, he knew only to survive anyway he could. However, he tried what many Stygians see as a "weakness." He tried to befriend his brethren. At times, he was met with reciprocated friendship, only to see them die shortly after. At others, he was met with only disgust. Luthor even had to see the young die horribly, despite being unable to fend for themselves.

His heart had grown cold, and bitter. But unlike his people, Luthor wanted things to be different. Luthor wanted to see not only the Stygians, but all of Exathor to come together. To never see the helpless slain in such ways he has seen. And so, Luthor had enlisted himself as a warrior of the Stygians. After some time, he had approached a member of the Gold Tribe, and requested to join.

Luthor was directed to the ECUL, the Exathian College of Union and Liberty. Dedicated to his cause, Luthor spent all of his time bettering himself, both in combat and academics. Though his combat skills were exemplary through his life in Telmor, his academics were just enough to graduate. At last, Luthor finally gained a spot in the Gold Tribe. All that was left was the title, though Luthor knew exactly what his title would be. Raising his claw into the air, he titled himself, "The Silver Claw." He had proved his worth, and received his cloak, with golden trim and star. Some time later, Luthor had fought in the first Deathbringer's Mark. He fought with all of his might, unaware of the plot that was happening before him. Before he could react properly, he and other members of the Gold Tribe had succumbed to an Earthquake by a traitor of his tribe.

He suffered great injuries, and was near death. Though, he was able to cling to life with his rage, and found himself a survivor in the aftermath. Luthor silently left the site, to find the Gold Tribe and exact revenge on those responsible for the betrayal. He seethes anger and vengeance, and will no longer won't hesitate in killing his own if they have any involvement with Thrace, and the rogues that wronged him and his brethren.

Moves: Crunch, Dragon Claw, Rock Smash, Hone Claws

RP Sample: From my first Halloween event RP, here's "The Sandman."

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hey guys, won't be on skype much due to my mac crapping out, AFTER TWO YEARS. It needs a new hard drive so maybe by tomorrow I"ll get it back. Who the f**k knows?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lol. Anyways yeah, just found out from the guy that it's a cable that fried instead of my hard drive. AKA, he plugs a cable that got loose and I pay him 50 bucks for his 'fix'.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Good, then you should be on time for the interaction deadline. Talk to gibus if you want to get a Punisher/Cassandra JP out, I'd like to see how Four Dicks will handle his impossible crush 8D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday

Aisendale: the Last Nexus

A large, imposing black castle is visible in the distance. Floating above the frozen valley of Aisendale, the Last Nexus has called Exathor to the glaciers of the arctic circle; it's cold out there, very cold, and the weakening barrier, sustained only by this remaining nexus, won't keep the island from freezing entirely. All life upon it is in danger of being buried in the next snowstorm.

Only one way to go now. The valley of ice opens before Union City, beckoning towards the final battle.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hey guys, last post was quite the info dump so I saw fit to make a short and concise summary.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]SPOILERS![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back