• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] [Discussion][Concept] Trainers and Trainees

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
So, most games here have Trainers and their Pokemon. I'm fine with that. But what I want to think about is when you want to have something else than Pokemon, e.g. (famous) persons. Then what would the exact suppose of the Trainer be?
In Ponymon the TRAINER becomes a BRONY. In Touhoumon, the TRAINER becomes what exactly? I think the developers didn't cared about the fact that we have a person running around raising and encountering magical girls.

So, if we have magical girls or any other kind of persons, like famous musicians or people from your neighbourhood (for some strange reason), what would the trainer become? Do you think it is even necessary to care about this detail when you want to see over 100 different characters of a fandom or theme battling among themselves?

An somewhat easy solution I can think of at the moment would be to transform all persons who are normally people to pokemon. But that's all I can think of at the moment. Other ideas?

EDIT: A friend came up with the titles MASTER, LORD or COMMANDER, from the Trainer-Pokemon relationship basically being a Master-Slave one, from the view of the gameplay

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I just now managed to see this thread, how about that?
Well, I can't speak for other outcomes, but within the Touhoumon continuity, the "Pokemon" trainer is just a "Touhoumon"/THMN trainer. There's really little need to change the term "Trainer", though, as you are doing just that - training the things you capture for battle.
In the end, it'd be a relative moot point. Trainers are still trainers, regardless of what you call them. The prefix you append to the name just depends on what the species is called.

Back