• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Attack Animation?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

So what was your Favorite Attack Animation?

For me it was Mud Shot, I just really like the circles going up and down it a wave it looks really cool :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In generation three, Thunderbolt had one of my favorite attack animations. It hit your opponent with a few strokes of lightning, which was able to leave them paralyzed. Flamethrower had a nice-looking animation as well. It was simple, yet effective. It was able to signify how Pokémon were tossing flames out of their mouth just perfectly. (:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Thunder, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, Psybeam, Aurora Beam, Discharge, Shock Wave, Dragon Pulse. <3 All of them have very pretty animations and are mostly really powerful attacks too. I'm sure there are many others, but these are the ones at the top of my head.

Sirfetch’d

I really liked the animations of both Blaze Kick and Leaf Blade. This is probably because they were unique to Blaziken and Sceptile respectively, but I just found them to be awesome. They really had that appearance of a powerful attack which I found really cool.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Muddy Water
ec20fb7f.gif

The dark surf animation >>>>>>>>

Meteor Mash was also dope
ec20fb7f.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
Thunder, it's just so damn cool. All that lightning coming down shocking them.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
they finally got surf right.

but on the other hand they totally ruined aeroblast awesomeness in gen2

Years
The two favorite attack animations that I can remember off the top of my head were Thunder, and the one I was surprised to see a few people mention- Muddy Water. Thunder's easily awesome as you can tell by Purple-Hued Vulture's .gif, and Muddy Water was the first time I'd seen the new Surf animation in the 3rd gen, except it wasn't boring and transparent like Surf was.

Back