• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
I do have one idea. I did this in a RP that never went anywhere and was told it was a good idea.

We have an even amount of RPers in each RP. Say we had 6 in each. One RPer would be the rival of another. Each RP could have this happen within it. I would like to see my idea at least go somewhere.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
I'd be happy to help Naku! XD WIth the plot idea, unless Red'd like me to join up. XD But ye, elemental plates... will have to discuss this. The message is in Braille! *shot*

The battle frontier's in the postgame of emerald... and if you didn't play that I can explain too. ^_^

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
6 times 5 is 30 Roleplayers... do we even HAVE 30 roleplayers here? Next question is do we have 30 RPers would want to join the RP? There are already a few adventure RPs out there so...

One concern is what if 1 region has no players or only like 1... not very exciting for that character. I'm curious how this whole thing is going to turn out.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
6 times 5 is 30 Roleplayers... do we even HAVE 30 roleplayers here? Next question is do we have 30 RPers would want to join the RP? There are already a few adventure RPs out there so...

One concern is what if 1 region has no players or only like 1... not very exciting for that character. I'm curious how this whole thing is going to turn out.

Well, we could allow people to sign up for more than one of them. However, if we do end up getting enough people . . . then somebody who has signed up for more than one should probably get a lower chance of being accepted into more than one . . .

Let's see how far we can make this idea go! Let's get brainstorming people!! >:3

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
Years
[SIZE="a"]I have an idea! Once every roleplayer in each RP gets the 8 badges Then what if we made a huge seperate RP when all of the RPers that took part in the each journey RP, battle in a huge tournament![/SIZE]

Nakuzami

Years
[COLOR=#a]I have an idea! Once every roleplayer in each RP gets the 8 badges Then what if we made a huge seperate RP when all of the RPers that took part in the each journey RP, battle in a huge tournament!

Um . . . you . . . uh . . . go look for the thread The Lost Islands League. That's basically going to be the sequel, at least, that's why I came up with the idea. It will be a heavily revamped version of that RP, though.

Heheheh . . . this idea is sounding more and more awesome the more I think about it, albeit a little difficult to execute, but if we could only do that . . . this could be completely epic. :3[/COLOR]

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@Nakuzami: Well, Mister organizer is in the house. Yeah, I think you've got everything well sorted out so far. The Arceus plates and the islands thing could work out too...but how would that fit in the the all-regions thing? It doesn't make sense. I mean, how could it be happening in all the regions? lol. I think we should cut out the Arceus plate and the Islands thing and stick to your initial plot with the Lost Journeys thing. Although it would be a lot like Foreigners, and we want something sort of original. I don't think it'll work.

Okay, back to the drawing board! We need another plot. Instead of a Journey RP, How 'bout an Adventure? There's a clear difference because the Adventure genre usually involves a crisis that mus be resolved. Which would make it more fun. I think we could fit in a little soemthing I thought of not long ago. The Anti-Arceus. So here's what I have in mind:

Pokemon: Protectors

From an unknown parallel universe came a great monster: Anti-Arceus. Anti-Arceus was all the opposite that the original Arceus happened to be: He was evil, he was unjust, he was corrupt, and much more. Above all, he was stronger. In an epic battle, evil triumphed over good and Arceus was destroyed. Anti-Arceus took over the universe as we know it, and is wreaking havoc upon the poor people and Pokemon of the five regions of the world. Standing united in these flames are a group of dedicated trainers and their Pokemon: The Protectors.

The Protectors are a group of powerful, dedicated trainers bent on defending their respective territory from the wrath of Anti-Arceus and his army of Shadow Pokemon, Pokemon with enhanced powers coming from the other universe.

Now recently, The Protectors have been informed of five mysterious orbs that have come with Anti-Arceus from the other universe. It is said that these orbs were accidentally brought with him, and thrown all over the world. they are said to be the only way to destroy Anti-Arceus. Now, spies report that one orb has been brought to each region of the world, and is being kept safe by a very powerful Shadow Pokemon. The Protectors, or at least a small group of them, has been assigned in each region to quest their region in search of the orb that has been placed there. Then, they must destroy the Shadow Pokemon and the orb.

Now what I'm thinking is there's about six spots open in each thread (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova) and that small group of protectors is sent to quest through their region and collect the orb that has been placed there. If every orb is destroyed, there will be a mass sequel where they will attempt to destroy Anti-Arceus. Not giving any spoilers on whether or not they will succeed.

In other words.

Kanto: Has one orb and six protectors sent to destroy it.
Johto: Has one orb and six protectors sent to destroy it.
Hoenn: Has one orb and six protectors sent to destroy it.
Sinnoh: Has one orb and six protectors sent to destroy it.
Unova: Has one orb and six protectors sent to destroy it.

See what I'm saying? Of course, this is all just a rough draft.

Nakuzami

Years
@Blaziken15 - Well . . . if these people:

Kanto: Fuyu, Supervegeta
Johto: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Hoenn: Blaziken15, -DeepImpact-, Wymsical
Sinnoh: MichaelaTheUchiha, {Swan}, Diamond1304
Unova: Nakuzami, Miss Doronjo, HunterZero

really want to be GMs, then that's how it could be set. Of course, it could change later on. :P

@Wymsical - The anti-Arceus again? xD
And noooooo, the Lost Islands are meant for the sequel. As in, all of the RPers from the five region RPs who have basically all nearly become champions by the end are invited to partake in the Lost Tournament, for the sequel.
There are plates in both Sinnoh and Unova. If the plates thing doesn't work out for the original RPs, I guess they could fit into the sequel.
Besides, *Foreigners could always become the Kanto RP, if Red wanted it to be, lol xP

Okay . . . I guess if we have to come up with a different plot . . . I could borrow a few elements from Journey Through The Dark, which was a RP I made that failed utterly (I opened it at a horrid time ;~;) but . . . well, what are some other, rather normal, ideas?
We could . . . have some evil organizations screwing with the regions if we want to take the practical journey RP angle. Or . . . maybe have the regions on the verge of some sort of civil war for some reason, like the evil organizations have turned them against each other, and the Professors call on the aid of many trainers to train their Pokemon and expose the secrets of these evil organizations?
/can't think of too much else right now

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

So these are the volunteer GMs so far?:

Kanto: Fuyu, Supervegeta
Johto: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Hoenn: Blaziken15, -DeepImpact-, Wymsical
Sinnoh: MichaelaTheUchiha, {Swan}, Diamond1304
Unova: Nakuzami, Miss Doronjo, HunterZero

I think we need a second GM for Johto, lol. Unless Red wants to do it alone~

Hmm, I could help with Johto possibly, if Red wouldn't mind.

The RP itself however is a pretty good idea and I wouldn't mind to join it.

Edit: Crap, you ninja'd me about the GM's being set. :(

The idea of a war caused by organizations is pretty good. Maybe suppose the regions being forced into it because each of the archaeological artifacts being stolen and blaming it on each other. Kanto's Ruby and Sapphire, Johto's Unown tablets, Hoenn's orbs, Sinnoh's statues and or tablets, and then something from Unova (Haven't played the games for it).

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Hmm, I could help with Johto possibly, if Red wouldn't mind.

The RP itself however is a pretty good idea and I wouldn't mind to join it.

Edit: Crap, you ninja'd me about the GM's being set. :(

The idea of a war caused by organizations is pretty good. Maybe suppose the regions being forced into it because each of the archaeological artifacts being stolen and blaming it on each other. Kanto's Ruby and Sapphire, Johto's Unown tablets, Hoenn's orbs, Sinnoh's statues and or tablets, and then something from Unova (Haven't played the games for it).

You could still co-GM with Red, if she doesn't mind~ :3

URGH!! WHY HAS NO ONE HERE PLAYED BW?! GRAAAAAAA!! *Rips out hair*
If we did the artifact thing, it would likely be something along the lines of the Light/Dark/God stones being taken, but if Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem's second form have not been awakened yet in the RP, most people might not know what the stones are for. They could always attack the Dragonspiral Tower, like Team Plasma did. That would tick quite a few people off. Or perhaps the Relic Castle. Maybe both?
But . . . I dunno if artifacts like that would be enough to start a civil war . . . well, maybe. If they thought that they were going to summon the legendaries with the stolen items and attack with them, then maybe. But that wouldn't be and issue with most of the items, because some, like the Light/Dark/God stones require that you be recognized as the "hero" in order for the legendaries to awaken.
Eh . . . we'll think of something, lol. :P

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lol, this idea, and the sequel RP after it, would be an awesome idea. I mean, it would be beyond epic. But what is the likelihood it will actually work? It's a longshot. Sure I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can, but it's still a longshot.

Nakuzami

Years
Lol, this idea, and the sequel RP after it, would be an awesome idea. I mean, it would be beyond epic. But what is the likelihood it will actually work? It's a longshot. Sure I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can, but it's still a longshot.

Well, depends on how many people are interested, I guess.
If we all just keep working on it and work hard, our plans could one day come to fruition. Let's hope that happens, lol.
And if we can finish all six RPs (including the sequel) already about 13 GMs and co-GMs would get a shiny new emblem. Or, at least, all of which that haven't had a RP finish yet, which I think is all but you, Supervegeta xD

EDIT: WHAT BLAZIKEN SAID!! X3

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Need any more help with your idea? 'Cause I'd love to help, and join, when It's started.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Oh my god, are you guys talking about Foreigners or a completely new RP? I'm so confused (I just skimmed through the last few pages).

Yeah, and thanks to Yellow for the guide! Everyone, go read it! it's really well done!!

And as soon as I finish the washing, I'm gonna go to my room and tally up the votes lol

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Huh...I just read through the Roleplay Etiquette guide by PkMnTrainer Yellow. I'm actually quite impressed. Very well written, and it should be helpful. Hopefully people will take advantage of the knowledge you have provided.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I submitted my old Harry Potter RP I got approved before my hiatus and if it is approved again I still have two spots open. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, PkMnTrainer Yellow, I read through your guide and I have to say it's pretty epic. It's very well written and it'll help both old and new RPers.

Nakuzami

Years
I'm too tired to read the entire guide, but I read most of it, lol. Great guide, PkMn Trainer Yello. :3

@Skymin - Technically we're talking about ~6 new RPs. Go read it all if you want to understand, lazy butt. Lol :P

@ODST - As much help/support as possible~! If you want to co-GM . . . erm . . . (yes, I'm still going to use that term, Yellow xP) one of the regions, but of course that means you'll have to help out a little later on with the plot and everything, then go right ahead. It'd be best if you could co-GM either Kanto or Johto, as the other regions already have 3 *possible* GMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back