• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Mt.Moon and those damn Zubats. The whole cave was full of them, plus they get in the way even more when you just want to find a Clefairy. Also Rock tunnel is just as bad.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Rocket hideout and silph.co. Rocket hideout because I had to wait 1 hour for the spin thing to finish and it is confusing. But Silph.Co...WAS CONFUSING AS HELL!

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Going through Rock Tunnel without flash. Sure it was my fault, but still they shouldn't allow anyone to go through that kind of pain and agony and have made it necessary to get flash in order to proceed

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Going through Rock Tunnel without flash is sinch once you memorize the path.

Seafoam islands with no Escape Ropes was hell got stuck on B4F and B3F

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
Brock's Gym in yellow. So hard if you didn't catch a Mankey (could you even catch Mankey on the route the the left of Viridian in Yellow?). It took me ages.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
Years
While I would say the Missingno glitch, which frightened me as a child to the point of me having something of aquaphobia for years after, I can't.

Because, in my old copy of Blue, I never got that far thanks to Safari Zone. I'm serious; little kid me was never able to get to the old guy's dentures because he got lost every time. And never had his Pokemon learn Strength. And by proxy, never got the HM for Surf.

Older me wishes little me had a strategy guide like he did for Pokemon Silver. >=(

EDIT: Also. Lieutenant Surge's Gym. Darn those trashcans. Little kid me didn't know the mechanics of how the puzzle worked, and took forever to get to Surge.

Last edited:

moscarodas

Requiescat in pace
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2015
Brock's gym in Pokemon Yellow. I had to evolve Pikachu to level 25.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
- Rock Tunnel
- The fact that there's only one Ghost line and one Dragon line
- Your EXP points aren't visible
- Most Pokemon have shallow movepools
- Gym Leaders/Elite Four members using Pokemon from the same family line and Pokemon that aren't associated with the type they specialize

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I would say the most annoying thing to me was Rock Tunnel, Victory Road, and Lance at the end of the E4...took me almost a year to beat him and his many Dragonites.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I always thought Vermilion's Gym was pretty darn frustrating. I also had trouble with the Seafoam Islands, I never found the exit of the Islands so I travelled from Pallet Town to Cinnabar instead xD

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
Having to fight Brock on Yellow. I had to train a frikin' caterpie for ages :/

Same, until I realised as I grew up that all you need is a Mankey from Route 22! or a Nidoran that knows double kick.

the most annoying thing for me is still dem Zubats. and all the Voltorbs, Electrodes, Geodudes, Onyxes, Koffings and Weezings, etc that know explosion and selfdestruct. Seriously..

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
It didn't annoy me like being hard but it did annoy me as frustrating to see Blue have become the pokemon champion, even more amusing when you take his throne a few minutes after he earns it though xD

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Lack of decent level up moves for a lot of Pokémon, hell for my most recent file of Blue, I had to abuse the Missingno. item glitch to get a bunch of copies of TM's so I could give my team decent moves. Also, the lack of being able to rematch trainers. It's hard beyond belief to get a whole team to Lv. 100 without abusing Rare Candies/glitches.

And Running Shoes would be nice, but, those weren't even thought up until two generations later. Technically you could say that about the rematching (I know Gold and Silver did have it, but it was a really inconvinent method).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back