• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
Along with my previous statement, there should be a pokemon that can evolve into either Pinsir or Heracross because they seem so similar. Tauros and Bouffalant as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Heracross and Pinsir at least have a chance to be within the same bug species. Tauros and Bauffalant aren't even related species wise. We have a chance that Miltank and Tauros can have a child together, although unlike Illumise/Volbeat and the Nidoran twins are the only two Pokemon sets that can produce Male and Female versions from either one. Meaning if you breed a Male Nidoran with Ditto you have a chance for either Male or Female to hatch and breeding the female with any compatible male Pokemon will give the Female or Male Nidoran. Volbeat and Illumise work the same. Volbeat + Ditto can give either Volbeat or Illumise (Gen 5 only) and Illumise bred with any compatible Pokemon = Illumise or Volbeat.

This is not true with Miltank and Tauros which honestly means that Gamefreak do not share with the players ideals that Mitank and Tauros are pairs. While I can see them adding a baby just to quell the raging fans...right now after this research I don't think Gamefreak acknowledges them as the same species of Pokemon like Nido and Illu/Vol.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah, but Tauros and Bouffalant look almost identical. And besides Miltank is a cow, whereas Tauros and Bouffalant are both bulls.

Bouffalant is a Bison not a bull. He's closer in relation to a Yak than a male Non-milking cow. None of the Gen 5 copies are related to the older counterparts, one of which isn't even in the same breeding group as what it looked like it copied. Gamefreak covered the "Not related to" parts pretty well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do stats prevent it from getting an evolution? Did GF ever say anything about that? They could make it faster, with some more attack, and a bit more special attack, no need to necessary raise it's defenses if they don't want to.

Speaking of defense how about a shuckle pre evolution?

It would be a weak but cute evolution in my opinion! Like, sure it would have great defensive stats, but I think it'd only be there for show and if it was introduced it'd seem like a kind of let down. :(

(Let down to me, that is!)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well imagine if it had slightly lesser defensive stats, than give it evolite... a wall to beat all walls, now if only it's hp were better... A evolution to Shuckle maybe...
Also I want evolutions to Shedinja and Ninjask (Shedinja's HP can turn into Ninjask's base HP, as well as a faster, stronger bug that would drag pokémon to the abyss!). A Nincada line fan can dream.

Years
I'm hoping for a (pre)evolution for Tauros, since I thought Bouffalant was one...

Also Pinsir should have an evolution, since scyther has one.
And what about a pre for Stantler?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^Damn that pre shuckle would be scary...

How about an evolution to Yanmega? It can become bulkier, and have sharp wings that rip everything they touch (dex entry maybe?)

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
^Damn that pre shuckle would be scary...

How about an evolution to Yanmega? It can become bulkier, and have sharp wings that rip everything they touch (dex entry maybe?)
Personally I think Yanmega is enough for Yanma's line. It already looks strong enough for a Dragonfly.

I think Chatot could do with an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon that doesn't look like a non-evolving Pokemon, but somehow is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
I don't think that would work, the reason why I think so is because Raticate is similar to Watchog and they both don't have a stage 2 evo. So I really don't think they're going to do that.

:( :( :( :(

I do kind of wish they did though.

Reply to: Angelroid.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think that would work, the reason why I think so is because Raticate is similar to Watchog and they both don't have a stage 2 evo. So I really don't think they're going to do that.

:( :( :( :(

I do kind of wish they did though.

Reply to: Angelroid.

Well Raticate is similar to a lot of early creatures (like Bidoof's evolution etc), but they're not really rivals so I can't see them NOT doing that honestly.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I don't foresee an evolution to things like Marowak, as it's already pretty well-developed, and the same goes for mons like Scizor. What more is there to build on, really?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
idk there is the thought of making Scizor an uber I guess, but that seems kind of a pointless task given it's great already.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sadly, Chatot will still be banned in official tournaments because of its signature move even with a new evolution.

Well who knows, they can even remove Chatter from the default move that it has to have. Sure it'd be complicated but it'd allow it in official tournies!

Back