• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

How's the beta's difficulty? (I plan to buff up the Route 50 wild Pokemon)

• Perfect

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Could be harder

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
[Beta 2.0 released] Pokémon Aqua Sapphire

POKéMON: AQUA SAPPHIRE VERSION

I try to be at least somewhat modest, but I now consider myself a fairly skilled scripter. I've begun learning ASM, but as it's not my highest priority right now, I haven't learned much yet. (My only original routine just changes the player's play time, which is fairly useless) I'd love to get a music hacker, GOOD Fakemon spriter, OW spriter, and maybe a mapper to help me with this project.

STORY-TYPE STUFF
Spoiler:

MAP
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

VIDEOS
Spoiler:

OTHER TIDBITS/FEATURES
Spoiler:

BUGS/GLITCHES/ETC.
  • The fence above the pond in Teal Town shows the player's reflection. -I have no idea what's causing this or how to fix it
  • Sometimes a wild pokemon in the grass will be found sleeping.

BETAS
The green link is the newest beta. There was a blunder on my part, so to avoid an annoying bug, download the bug-fix patch titled ASb2.1.zip, and apply that patch to Beta 2.0.
Beta 1.0
Beta 2.0

CURRENT PROGRESS

• Work on Beta 2.1 has not started yet.

BANNERS
asb1.png

Pas3-1.jpg

CREDITS
I've done all of the actual work myself at this point, but I'll go ahead and credit the makers of the various tools I've used so far.

• PKSV - Score_Under
  • APE - HackMew
  • A-Trainer - HackMew
  • XSE - HackMew
  • FSF - HackMew
  • Hacked unLZ - HackMew
  • OW Editor Rebirth - HackMew
  • A-Ptch - HackMew
  • AdvanceMap 1.92 - LU-HO
  • YAPE - silver314
  • Advanced Series - Wichu
  • NTME - D-Trogh
  • Advance IntroEd - ZodiacDaGreat
  • Trader Advanced - ZodiacDaGreat
  • GBA Item Editor - thethethethe, Team Snag'Em Tools
  • VBA - VisualBoy Advance
  • Hex Workshop v6 - Breakpoint Software, Inc.
  • PokeCryGUI - Unknown
  • FireRed Hacked Engine - JPAN
  • HxD Hex Editor - Unknown
  • I also need to give Mastermind_X credit for his tutorial on his amazing jukebox system. Now I just need someone to insert music for me and I'll be all set in that department.

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
You should rename Oak ;) (EDIT: I didn't read the story before commenting)

Although you're a beginner, by the screenshots the hack looks fine to me.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I agree with Miksy. This looks very good for a beginning hacker. However, you're maps could be a bit better by reducing the space. Apart from that, this looks like a good hack.

Good luck. ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I agree with Pokepal and Miksy, this hack is good for a beginner.:)

Years
Oh, wow, this is strangley similar to my idea.
(OBVIOUSLY, as I haven't actually posted a thread yet, I am in no way accusing you or suggesting anything here).
Since I've a similar (but not identical) idea, I like this:) the whole thing about Nintendo not having any real continuity between games other than RBY and GSC (and their remakes, obviously) irks me somewhat.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
That's one of the best stories I've seen for a beginner hack. I hope this progresses well, and I might be able to help you a bit if you need anything.

PeregrineFig

Years
Wow, it's great that I've been given nothing but positive feedback so far. This is really keeping up my motivation to keep working through the mundane stuff like indoor mapping and writing scripts for generic NPCs.

If anyone's interested, a bit further down the line I'm going to need an OW spriter. I'd really like sprites of the male and female Team Aqua members, Archie, and Maxie in the FireRed style, as well as some other custom stuff. Graphics are the only thing I can't do at all.

EDIT: There's also one more thing. This computer runs on Vista, and even with the controls registered Sappy won't work. If I provided the .s files and a .ips of my hack, I'd need someone to add a loop to the files, write them into the ROM, then make a new .ips and send it back to me. I also don't need this done right this moment either.

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Wow, it's great that I've been given nothing but positive feedback so far. This is really keeping up my motivation to keep working through the mundane stuff like indoor tiling and writing scripts for generic NPCs.

If anyone's interested, a bit further down the line I'm going to need an OW spriter. I'd really like sprites of the male and female Team Aqua members, Archie, and Maxie in the FireRed style, as well as some other custom stuff. Graphics are the only thing I can't do at all.

OW Sprites, you say? I think I could help you on that...just send me a PM.

PeregrineFig

Years
Thought I'd give a quick update for anyone who cares. Progress is going good, and a beta should be coming soon. I haven't touched the OWs yet, and I have no plans to change tiles, but I did do a palette change. I like the bright, glowing feel the new palettes give.

paletteshot.png

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
Looks good so far. I think the screen shots look good. Good luck with this man! Also, I love Maril, haha, so this should be great.

Years
hi do you need any help as i will dedicate my self for a new hacker thats doing a lone hack as i have done 3 myself and was taught by a great freind of mine.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yellow flowers ^^
i like yellow flowers

So this hack looks good

Need anyhelp?

PeregrineFig

Years
I posted a help recruitment post for the two major jobs I need. If anyone who asked to help is good at pixel art and things of that nature, I could use a support banner. (If I have any real supporters XD)

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
I'm making a support banner now, I'll edit this post with the banner, hope you like it.

Pas1.jpg

Pas3-1.jpg

Last edited:

hamermaner

Proud member of Team Mew
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
No problem, wish they would've looked better though. If you need any help that has to do with art or something, I'm pretty good.

PeregrineFig

Years
Progress is going extremely well. I'm not going to bother posting screenshots of the Devon warehouse, Team Aqua's first hideout, because I'll be uploading an alpha version tomorrow (or, in a worst-case scenario, the day after) that will let you play it for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back