• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Uhm.. Are you hiring a spriter? Lorelei/Agatha's sprites are not found, If you are, accept me, and the example of the work is my avatar..

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
new map and screenshots

fossils.png
team-rocket-jj.png

Obtaining the fossil, and fighting Jessie & James

mt.moon-pokecenter.png
magikarp-sale.png

Outside the Mt. Moon PokéCenter and the Magikarp for 500

cerulean-entrance.png
cerulean-cave.png

Cerulean Entrance and Cave

Route 4

I'm looking for someone who can remake the jessie/james sprite in the above screenshot in gen 4 style. PM me if you can

Note: i''m away from monday 2nd may to sunday 8th may so no updates that week

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
fossils.png

It might be a good idea to reduce the shading from Red's brim, reason being is that it was done for epic effect in HG/SS and doesn't really work for a player character.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
It started to open but then said that "RGSS104E.dll could not be found" and closed automatically after exiting the message

Ooh! I can help with this! Find dat file named RGSS102E and rename it to RGSS104E. Dun, homie.

Years
Gave in and decided to play the demo ..

Off the bat I think you should change the Intro Music when selecting name etc, Sounds to intense, Reminds me of the Pokemon stadium Gym leader tower .. lol
On that premise change it to something like the main stadium music, at the part wher you can choose GB tower, Gym LEader tower, the actual stadium or mini games, it's pretty happy iirc =D

If you used something more idk happy/bouncy? lol for the start it would improve it a lot and add an actual 'Pikachu' cry rather than the in game cery would make it sound a bit better aswell

And a new red sprite, I think someone else brought it up about the shading, under the cap jsut looks a bit .. much ..
He also appears to have a limp in the overworld when walking left or right ..

I walked in to the tall grass, oak says wait etc etc but no oak sprite actually appeared, in fact jsut entered the lab and there isn't a sprite for oak?
Although it would seem he shows up after gary takes the pokeball

The pokedex doesn't sit on the table it kind of hovers ?
The back wall of the lab is also 1 tile up where it should be in relation to the table/bookscases etc, Looks strange, You cna see it on the far left bookcase the shadow should touch the base of the wall and instead it touches a floor tile

And the reflection in pallet town starts a tile earlier sdo you're reflected on the grass looks a bit strange

I know you wanted to use the red sprite but have you thought about using a custom ash one?
I mean yellow was made to resemble the anime so it would make sense to play as ash
Talking abotu the protagonist, The

There's some invisible walls in the patch of flowers as you enter viridian

I like the music used, and as a big fan of the kanto region i feel you've done it great justice with yoru remake, Personally I prefer the pokemon sprites from gen 3 but mostly because pikachu jsut looks weird btu thats a preference thing ..
I like the new Vs screens and you have a pretty cool titlescreen aswell =P

Just a couple of things I noticed in the first 11 minutes of play,

Ashera

Mysterious Kitsune
Years
Wild Pidgey hover.
If you walk to the mat at the stairs in your room, you immedeatly go down stairs.
A row of tiles is missing at the bottom of the stairs at your house (downstairs).
Pikachu's battle sprite is too high on the screen.
It may just be me, but the controls feel a bit awkward and unnatural
If you talk to Pikachu after a wild Pokemon battle, it says "Pika?", but then a box pops up with the message "Script 'Interpreter' line 509: NoMethoodError occured. undefined methood 'unlock' for nil:NilClass" and then the whole thing just closes after clicking OK.
Weird graphical glitch for your reflection in the Pallet Town water. May be in other towns too. Your reflection is on part of the bank, and in some places, does not reflect all of you. Also, Pikachu has no reflection.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
several bugs have been fixed and will be included with the next update. The new RGSS104E.dll will now be included. It was missing because i'd updated my rpg maker and forgot to add the new dll to the folder

Years
this remake is coming along well... & yet this one seems like it's going to be one of the best fanmade remakes.

if the game is finished being made in a few months, i will definitely consider it to my friends who love pokemon yellow.
keep up the good work!

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Thanks. I am hoping to get the majority of it done by the time I go back to university in September.

I've changed the shading on the main character, as well as sorted out the problem with the pokedex not on the table correctly in oaks lab. It now also disappears once you get it

A new screenshot
misty.png

In Cerulean Gym

And a new map, the Cerulean Gym, as well as the finished Cerulean City map

I've also updated the old screenshots with the new gen 4 character sprites

Spoiler:

Back