• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I like it LOOOOOOUUUUDDDDDD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Like maybe once every three months I get into a deaf mood where everything is blasted super loud.

But other than that the music I do listen to is like <20% volume.

I'm just a nub like that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Usually maximum, which isn't very loud through earpieces; sometimes beyond that if possible.
I keep volume from open speakers low as I don't like that others should hear a device I'm using.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I like it only semi-loud. My iPod is usually at 50-75% volume and my computer between 40-60% volume with 70% being the maximum. I can't get as into music when it's too quiet, but neither can I if it's too loud. So I usually listen to things on a moderate level. I hate it when people blast their music out their cars as loud as they can with their 20 inch subs shaking in their trunk.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
My computer is set at 30% volume because for some reason it seems to be very loud. When I have headphones on, I set it to 40%.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I keep my volume as loud as it can go.
Who cares if I won't have hearing b the time I'm 80? It's not like I of all people am gonna live that long.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Whatever I'm listening to at the time can never be loud enough, even if my ears may be ringing but I just play through the pain in that case.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't have the TV loud at all when it's actually on because it's pretty annoying, but you can never have music on too loud :3 Also movies and anime need to be loud too!

Years
It's actually alarming the amount of you guys that are accidentally ruining your hearing :S
The tiny hairs inside your ears are incredibly fine and if damaged don't grow back. EVER.

For example if you have the inner ear earbuds for your iPod having it play at 100% volume is between 100 and 120 dB which you can listen to a maximum of 2hours (100dB) or 4.5minutes (120 dB) a day and still avoid permanent damage provided you hear nothing for 24 hours after that.

80% volume is where I have it at generally and that peaks at 94dB so I've got just over 4 and half hours of daily listening.

I'd also like to add, that I'm not having a go at anyone for liking loud music I'm just trying to spread awareness. And all you guys who listen to it relatively quiet keep up the good work ;)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm definitely a background sound sort of person unless I am watching something with someone or singing along with something (I need to pump it up to somewhat mask my horrible voice hahaha!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
When I listen to my iPod, I tend to keep it at half, not full. I need to have it low enough where I can hear whats going on around me so no one can sneak up on me lol.

When I listen to music in my car, I blast it haha.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Semi-loud. I keep my ipod and computer speakers at 50-60% volume. I don't like the sound being too soft nor too loud. I bought new computer speakers to pump up the volume but I kinda haven't done that yet.. ;-;

My TV is literally at 15 (out of 50?) volume. I dunno, I never turned it on max. I can hear it just fine, whenever I do watch it. Sometimes, I'm watching TV and the stupid thing glitches up. AND IT GETS LOUD. AND I CANT TURN IT OFF OMFG WHY WHYY

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I like to keep my tunes at normal. But if I listen to anything Adventure-Time-related, maximum volume, ASAP.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
For me, my TV and my computer monitor/speaker's pretty much set on the value of 20. Sometimes, I put up the speaker/monitor to 50, but only if I want the music to blast to the living room. When I sleep, I put my TV down to 8. (Yup, I sleep with the TV on. Is there a problem to that?)

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Not loud, I don't want to damage my hearing or develop tinnitus.

Back