• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I Can Never Trust Myself Again" moments in Pokemon

Years
Mainly saves. I tried to beat the game once without saving (I played for over 7 hours straight) and I accidentally killed all three legendary bird (this was back with pokemon red), released my starter near one of the last gyms, and replaced some of the best attacks for HMs (Like Flamethrower with flash). Needless to say, I got so fed up with messing up that I quite before completing the E4 because I used my last revive on the wrong pokemon and was defeated.

Vicktor Black

Still Working on Red Frost
Years
I tried to do a speed run in ruby and then kept getting beaten by Winona's Altaria making me lose time since I had to level grind my Pokemon to beat her!

Chamongys

Pokemon Fiend !
Years
I remember playing HG for almost 3 hours and the damn game froze on me. I was beyond pissed that I just quit and never played again. The game has been in my DS for 2 months lol I haven't even touched it since i can remember.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I tried to show my sister a Pokemon after I beat the league to level him up. My sister slapped the 3DS out of my hand and it froze, meaning he was now back where he started: Level 1.

drpoplove

Super Saiyan and Stuff
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
I've accidentally run away from all sorts of rare Pokemon because I wasn't paying attention. /vietnamflashbacks

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Ugh.... One time I used my Masterball on a Stantler, because the Stantler used item switch (or another move like that) and my pokemon I was EV training had the exp. share on. And I was like "WTF THAT STANTLER HAS MY EXP. SHARE" Then used master ball to get the Stantler which didn't have the Exp. share anyway. -_-

Zanekin

Bidoof is best pokémon
Years
Went in to the Elite Four...
didn't but any items beforehand...
biggest mistake of my life.

Also while in battle accidentally wasting a turn by giving a potion to a unconscious pokémon for no effect...

Nurse Joe

Welcome to the Pokémon Center.
Years
in pokemon Red i tried to capture sabrina's Alakazam with my masterball and for some reason I save the game ( I tought i could buy it in the market )

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
1.About six months ago I saw a shiny Pawniard (my first and last legit shiny), caught it, closed my DSi XL, left in on a table, and went to the bathroom.
When I came back, my brother had closed the software and went to the camera. Imagine how pissed off I was.

2.Using a normal type move on a ghost type Pokemon- and getting KO'd because of it.

3. (Multiple times, and still even now) Using foresight by accident for no apparent reason.

4. Killing Landorus, giving up after like 10 times, and trading away my Tornadus for a Haxorus, then noticing I can't face Landorus. The only reason, in fact, I have one now, is because of my Chimchar "farm."

5. ...This list could go on and on.

Years
1. Using my Masterball on a Slowbro back on my first run on any game ever and was unaware of the concept of legendaries.
2. FINALLY beating Lance and losing to Gary. I'd been saving before every E4 member before that, and of course I forgot to save before Gary. So I had to battle Lance aka MY NEMESIS again.

Years
Usually when I have moments like these it is because, I forgot to save and for some reason or other something happened and my game restarted or I needed to restart my game. Accidentally walking into a gym leader/elite 4 battle without saving has happened on several occasions.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
I had Pokemon Sapphire when I was about 4 and I couldn't read very well yet and used my master ball on an Absol. But the worst thing was that I thought you could only catch Kyogre with a master ball anyway so I just thought there's no point in trying to catch it and knocked it out...

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Only one issue struck me...it was in an old playthroh (get it?) of HeartGold...I found a Shiny Tentacruel. Issue: I probably fainted it, I guess. I needed to use a move against it...it never got into the ball. So that's where the issue came from.

`Brianna

Mahamagiha, my friends!
Years
On my nuzlocke run of White 2, I went into Castelia Sewers and then into the park area and found an Eevee on my first try. Hooray me!

So, it was in sleep mode after I caught it, and then when I got back home my 3DS had shut off from power loss.

That was when I decided not to do a nuzlocke again.

Back