• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solaris

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
The game will be started over because of major glitches. We will start a new thread as soon as we can make the game work again. Thank you for your understanding

Pokemon Solaris

pokemon_solaris___solaris_region_by_mateidobrescu-d63lxbd.png

The Plot
Travel to the region of Solaris to unveil new adventures and friends, as well as enemies! Find your start in Sunview Town where professor Margaret is waiting for you to give you first Pokemon, choosing between Bulbasaur, Chimchar and Mudkip!

Find your way trough the Solaris Region, as collecting the League Badges so you can battle the Elite Four and the Champion. Discover the virtues of a true trainer!

As you travel, you discover that Legendary Pokemons are attacking all over the region. You will find out that Team Meteor are causing all of this and you will try to stop them from conquering the region.

In your journey you will discover interesting connections between the Champion Matt, Team Meteor Leader Erik and the Pokemon Trainer and Breeder Teo as they were very good friends until the day they parted in their journeys.

Solaris is known for its multiculturality which is represented by all the Gym Leaders, from French to Japanese and from Swedish to Latin, all the Gym Leaders represent a nation.

Visit the amazing sight of Solaris:

-Roccia Forest, early in the game you go trough a Forest that is said to have a hidden clearing where time is having its own flow and flower flourish in every single spot.
-Mt.Sun, an amazing place that is said to reach the Sun. Inside you will face The Legendary Bids of Ice, Fire and Thunder.
-Marine Island, a beautiful island with a small mountain on it. The folk stories state that the Island was once populated until the wrath of the Legendary Pokemon of Sea.
-Burned Forest, which is said to be burned down by the Legendary Flying Pokemon of Fire. Also inside in its clearing The Legendary Beasts of Fire, Water and Thunder.
-Victory Road, the last frontier to the League. A very old mountain that is said to be the portal to a new world never seen before. As well folk stories say that the mountain id the home of The Legendary Pokemon of Land.
-The Battle Frontier and Festival, two areas that were built in the last few years. The Battle Frontier offers a new exciting adventure and the Festival offers facilities like a Safari Zone and the Gym Leader Tournament.

The Characters

You, a young trainer aiming to become the Champion one day and to become the conqueror of the Battle Frontier.

Professor Margaret, the region professor, studies type match-ups and new types like Fairy and Light

Matt, the Champion, he is your companion trough your journey as he will guide you and will help you with your journey. He was a former Frontier Brain at the Battle Hall and he is a skilled Trainer that gets silly sometimes. He is described as the Virtue of Kindness

Erik, the Team Meteor Leader, is a former friend of Matt as he states. He and Matt parted in the same day as they were rivals since long time before their journey. He was kind and loving before he joined Team Meteor 5 years ago and shortly became their Leader, wanting to become the ruler of Solaris and the sister region Lunaris. He is described as the Vice of Wrath.

Teo, the Frontier Brain, she is a very cute and kind person but she sometimes gets childish and starts imaginating things because of her huge imagination. She is a skilled drawer and loves observing Pokemons interacting with people. She is also very anallitic in her battles and has a huge general culture, and beacuse of that she is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Tower. She is represented by the virtue of Chastity.

Features

-All 649 Pokemon
-All new Battle Frontier found in Lunaris
-Two new regions Solaris and Lunaris.
-All the legendary Pokemon
-Gym Leader Tournament
-Animated sprites
-The list will be continued

The message from the creators

We are two young lads with a dream and we want to make our dreams come true. We would need some help in the creating of this game. We are looking for:
-1-2 Mappers
-1-2 Scripters
-1 Spriter
-If there are any other people which wants to contribuite to this project in any manner contact me.

More info at:Pokemon Solaris

Promoting

You can promote the game trough these banners:

pokemon_solaris_teo_banner_by_mateidobrescu-d61g6t4.png

pokemon_solaris_erik_banner_by_mateidobrescu-d61g6m2.png

pokemon_solaris_matt_banner_by_mateidobrescu-d61g5st.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
I am still developing the story.... And I would add pics if I could have a functional beta or something. That is why I am looking for some help, and besides, it'a an idea.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Here are some screenshots:

OLD INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first Beta in near people! The Beta will be until Gym One(Rock type, Leader Oana) and you will go trough these locations: Sunview Town(starting town), Route 301, Moonview City(Dep. Store), Route 302, Roccia Forest and Roccia City(Gym 1). A full list of Locations will be posted as soon as I complete it. There will be a Regional Dex containg around 200 Pokemon. Also I will try to implent VS Sprites.

Again I hope there will be someone that will help me with the scripts because I cannot get the hang of these, so please help me finish this Project!

Attachments

• Solaris.png
    Solaris.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 57
  • prof margaret.png
    prof margaret.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Well, it could use some work.

Your map and sprites have some resizing issues, while the general sprite work can use some improvement. You say it's an idea, but try to flesh it out a bit! So far, it's the general cliché Pokémon story. It has potential, I'll say that. For now, my advice would be to take things slow and easy. Don't rush into a beta, get yourself some more feedback and work with what critique people give you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Ok. Thanks, yet I try to get some thing working and they needs some scripting and I simply suck at it. With the spriting, well damn..... If I try some resizeing it simply goes bad. Also the story is in developing so it looks like a cliche.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Ok. Thanks, yet I try to get some thing working and they needs some scripting and I simply suck at it. With the spriting, well damn..... If I try some resizeing it simply goes bad. Also the story is in developing so it looks like a cliche.

People who will script for others are as rare as composers around here. They're around, but they simply can't help everyone when they're working on their own game. When you resize an image, just open it in Paint and hit resize. Where it says "By:" make sure Percentage is checked along with "Maintain aspect ratio" at the bottom. In the first text box, just enter 200 and it will automatically enter it in the bottom one as well. Once you hit OK, you'll have a resized image with no pixelly edges. :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
pokemon_solaris___clefairy_is_normal_and______what_by_mateidobrescu-d63wzmw.png

FAIRY TYPE HAS APPEARED IN SOLARIS!!!

Weak to Dragon
Immune to Normal
Super Effective against Ghost and Dark

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
pokemon_solaris___clefairy_is_normal_and______what_by_mateidobrescu-d63wzmw.png

FAIRY TYPE HAS APPEARED IN SOLARIS!!!

Weak to Dragon
Immune to Normal
Super Effective against Ghost and Dark

Damn, that's my idea gone :P looks to me like you have a little progress, will keep an eye on this ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Actually, thank you Internet about the speculations with Fairy type! I just made the new Type Chart!

Little edit!

I urgently need a Over World Spriter so I can finish the Main characters and Gym Leaders!
Please help me!!!!

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What style?

I have a complete new type chart :P but I may remove that now, since you've gone and posted a pic :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
DS style....

The game uses HGSS tiles and HGSS overworld. I made Gym Leader 1 sprite but i need someone to help me spriting.....

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Help you, as in do them for you? Cause I don't have time for that...

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
WOW! I can't believe it. This is gonna be a great game once it gets done!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Nice updates! The main character strangely looks like a NPC in Pokemon DPPL though... Might just be my imagination...

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Nice updates! The main character strangely looks like a NPC in Pokemon DPPL though... Might just be my imagination...

Actually, she does! I didn'thad a nice female sprite for her so i used une from DPPt. I will reveal the male character soon as well as the supporting characters and Gym Leaders.

I still am looking after a scripter...... So please help this project by beeing a scripter!

Back