• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
My dad used to take me to a local lake to feed the ducks when I was like 5, but since then, I can't recall seeing one more than once a year quite literally.

Last edited:
Years
Yeah I don't have an issue like with the walking to work it's more that I work 9+ hour shifts on my feet the whole time and idk how I'll survive the walk home lmao.
yeah that sounds like it could be pretty grueling and exhausting. Maybe try it one day and just see how it goes? It might be something you have to get your body used to.
For real tho public transportation in American cities (outside of major, cosmopolitan areas) is trash. :/ Where I live there is no public transport unless you're going into New York or Trenton. Which doesn't help me for a 20 mile+ walk to basic places like grocery stores and markets.
It really is! I mean, we have a bus system for in town, but I have to drive outside of state regularly. It's so tempting to try to get rid of my car, but it's just too convenient.
I've never seen a duck 😞
W-what?! How?

Hi everyone btw! Happy Saturday :sloheart:

Years
Happy Saturday Tyler!!

and imo even my city's bus system isn't great. because the buses run every half hour or every hour, and many people take connecting buses, it can be really stressful for when that first bus comes late because then you've missed your second connection. for a lot of people, that first bus arriving on time is the difference between getting to work on time and being late. .__.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Happy saturday 2u2

And it's mostly because of the weather and were I live in the only water we have is the sea, so I don't know if ducks want to be here in the first place. We still have some cool birds like pelicans and seagulls tho

Years
Interestingly, I can sleep far easier when it's storming than when it isn't. :x

I mean, I can sleep fine when it's not raining or anything, but there's something soothing about the rain that makes me want to nap whenever it is raining.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I'm sure it has something to do with the weather itself, when it rains there's almost no one outside that it's so quiet and relaxing. It's also cold most of the times it rains so you're on the mood of staying in your bed and not getting out and then you just 😴

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
If it's just raining I can sleep just fine. It's the lighting and thunder that makes it hard for me to sleep. It rattles the whole house most of the time and when I was little we had lighting strike a tree in our backyard and it just barely missed hitting our house so storms just generally terrify me.

Years
No one is saying you had to, I'm just saying personally that I had to get used to them because for me rain and storms are nothing but white noise for the most part, especially when I grew up when Hurricanes were more commonplace.

Jeez I don't miss those days in the slightest. ._.

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Here we have only heat, humidity and wind there's only like a single week in the year in which we have rain, but aside from those days we don't get any funny weather, except from that one time in which the city got sandstormed because of the wind, I lost like three days of class because of that lmao

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Ugh I only like snow for the days off. Otherwise it's too chilly for me. I always get sick when it snows. Hopefully when I move up north I'll get more used to it since I'll have to go to work in the snow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I just want to see snow for the first time in my life. ;_;

Girl I promise you right now it gets SUPER old SUPER quick. The first snowfall of the year is cute and all.. but after more than a month of it the whole 'winter-wonderland' shtick really wears off. You're not missing out on anything more that higher car crash rates, biting cold, and how disgustingly brown everything gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back