• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Guardians Revival of War (MOBILE GAME)

Which Astra breed will be your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Welcome to the official Guardians Revival of War page!

iphone-6-in-hand-mockups-preview-1-3.jpg

Guardians Revival of War is an epic role playing game with the element of monster capturing and a turn-based battling system.

Guardians_6_In_1_SMALL.png

An asteroid carrying a DNA based liquid entered the world of Caelum. Upon impact with Mount Legaci, the liguid fused with the different elements. From these fusions, monsters were born, monsters that were called "Astras."

Astras_Post_SMALL.png

Astras are born one of four breeds: Dragon, Phoenix, Liger, or Titan. Each has its own element: Flame, Nature, Stone, Scythe, Lightning, Wind, Frost, or Aqua.

12._Astra_Breeds_and_Elements_SMALL.png

Key features:

- Grow and battle as a Guardian
Arcanias_(Side_Walking).gif

- Capture, train, and build a team of different Astras
flame_dragon_hatchling.png
frost_phoenix_hatchling_front.png
lighting_titan_hatchling-fx.png
wind_liger_hatchling_front.png

- Battle alongside your Astras against the merciless Sanctum
flame_titan_child.png
unnamed_copy.png
aqua_liger_child_front.png

The idea for Guardians spun from my love for games such as Pokemon, Digimon, and Final Fantasy. I always imagined creating a game that combined my favorite elements from these game and thus, Guardians Revival of War came to be. I have been diligently working and investing into this project with some of the most talented free lancers from around the world. The project has been in development for 3 years and the Kickstarter campaign is set to launch on December 1, 2016.

Thank you for your support in making Guardians Revival of War a reality. Find more info on our website listed below:

www.guardiansrevivalofwar.com

Instagram_App_Large_May2016_200_SMALL.png
Twitter_SMALL.png
social_facebook_box_blue_SMALL.png
GooglePlus-logos-02_SMALL.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Hey, question
Does the main character and his opponent will fight on their own too ? Because if they have a weapon and don't use it, I don't see the point for them to get one ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Hi there Faendra,
Good question and that is one of the ways Guardians Revival of War is different from the standard "monster capturing / taming" genre. Your Guardian will certainly play a larger role in the game then a Pokemon Trainer would in Pokemon. Your Guardian will battle with armor and weapons made out of different materials, even material made out of Astras! (kind of like Monster Hunter) The Guardian will also have skills in battle and outside of battle, as well as abilities that you would see Pokemon have. Imagine battling alongside your Astras (the partners / monsters within my game) and working off of each other.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
I like this :D
So, will we have this in battle ? (G -> guardian, A-> astra)
-G vs G / A vs A
-G&A vs G /G vs G&A
-G vs A / A vs G ?

Other questions :
- What are the features you're planning for your game ? (Craft system, quest system, minigames, Inflitration phase, choices who can change on how the story is going on...etc)
- The battle system, is it turn based ? Real time (wich mean an atb like) ?
- Did you plan on making different kind of animation ? (for the astra and guardians in battle)
- In the story, will you have a team of astra with one guardian or different guardians with their own astra ? (or juste a solo character)
- Are you alone for your project ? Or do you work with other artist/maker...etc ?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Something i want to mention is that im not fun of elements in general and thats because most elements dont make sense.
I just wonder how elements will function here.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Faendra - Fantastic questions. I will include most of the answers in the project description. Your post helps me see what needs explanation so thank you!

Florio - Certainly! I am currently working on releasing a teaser within a couple of weeks. Be on the look out.

Doubtful - I will put more descriptions / explanations in the project info (up top). Hopefully it explains. All in all, consider the Guardian as almost "another" Astra. So in Pokemon doubles, you have 2 Pokemon vs 2 Pokemon. Here, you can have Guardians & Astra vs opposing Guardian & Astra.

There could be more combinations like Guardians & Astra vs many Astras (1 - 5) and even battles where it just the Astras fighting Astras.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
With your replie, another question come in my mind, if you defeat the another guardian, do you insta win ?
If that the case, I'm sure guardians are more harden to take down than the astra
Because if the astra obey to the guardians, it can mean that guardians are stronger than astra, no ?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Faendra - Great questions Faendra! Keep em' coming!

What I have planned is yes, your Guardian is a crucial part of the battle. You can be a Guardian who is very aggressive and battle the opposition with brute force. Or you can be a Guardian that has strong passive abilities that strengthen your Astras and have them do most of the fighting.

If your Guardian was to fall in battle, the Guardian would no longer be able to battle or have his passive abilities help his/her Astras or affect the battle in general. The Guardian would still be commanding his/her Astras, just not be able to fight alongside them for that battle. Hope this helps!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 13, 2020
Yep ! And I suppose that the ability point our guardian can earn is limited right ?
We can't maximize all the passive and active skill I presume ^^
And talking about passive and active skill, are they only for battle or for overworld too ?

Epic boss battle planned ?

OH, and..... OPEN WORLD ? :D Or linear ? (or both, depends on where we are on the story)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Faendra - Growing as a Guardian is much, much more time consuming than training your Astra. I wanted the Guardians to be much apart of the game as the Astras. Ways you gain experience as a Guardian:

> Capturing Astras (more points for ones not caught before)
> Evolving Astras (more points for ones not evolved before)
> Battling
> Exploring new regions
> Creating items, weapons, and armor
> Ranking up in the Coliseum

Yes. Very much so along the same lines of Pokemon, there will be many Astras and Guardians to battle. It will be a bit of both, leaning more towards the linear side. Hoping for more features down the road like PvP through the Coliseum. Big game.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Doubtful - Yes, there will be elements that are stronger and weaker against other elements. Will update the picture once more to show how they work against each other soon.

Back