• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So I just got my shiny dratini from Benga :) I'm planning on EVing the Dratini and I have a few questions before I start if you only know the answer to one that is ok.

1. Is there a way for me to "force" multiscale on to my Dragonite when it evolves? For example can I save before the evolution and if it is not mutiscale I can restart or would that not work?

2. Do you think I should focus on Attack or Special Attack, I am going for a solo run beast so my two choices are

a) Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Earthquake with a focus on the Attack Stat

b) Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Earthquake/Surf with a focus on the Special Attack Stat

Please help :) (Keep in mind that Dragonites Sp.A=100 & Atk=134

For the Battle and EV training oriented...please go to Battle Center...about your question on abilities:

If your Dratini has Shed Skin, it will evolve into a Dragonite with Inner Focus. If Dratini has Marvel Scale it will evolve intoa Dragonite with Multiscale.

You cannot manipulate the ability once it is on a Pokemon and all Pokemon follow a set pathway with abilities.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
National Pokedex

Sorry for the noob question
but How do i get the national pokedex at pokemon white 2 ?
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 pokedex and I really tried everything and I don't understand how I get the full national pokedex , already talked to both Junipers , got the permit to get the shiny haxuros

Years
I may not be getting what you're asking here, but you SHOULD get the National Pokédex, which allows you to see Pokémon not native to the Unova Dex, after you've beaten Iris. If that's not what you're asking, i'm not really sure, sorry.

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Now that I know what to do for my stats, I need some good wild pokemon to defeat to get Attack, Speed, Hp and Defense EVs. Any pokemon in mind and can I have some EV training tips for a level 1 Dratini (ex. use exp share or no?)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Now that I know what to do for my stats, I need some good wild pokemon to defeat to get Attack, Speed, Hp and Defense EVs. Any pokemon in mind and can I have some EV training tips for a level 1 Dratini (ex. use exp share or no?)

Bring Dratini against a wild Audino first (preferably one with a high level, like in one of the post-game areas), then switch to something that can take it out. Dratini will then gain enough EXP to get to an acceptable level in which it can battle on its own (having Dratini hold the Lucky Egg is highly recommended, as it increases the EXP it gains).

Once that's out of the way, EV train in the following places:
-Flocessy Ranch for Attack (Lillipup, Patrat, Riolu and Pidove give 1 Attack EV each)
-Surf in the pond at Route 19 (Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs each)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
anyone knows how do i get the national pokedex ???
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 dex and cought the shiny haxuros with the permit juniper gave me but I still don't have the national dex and most pokemon are numberless after i catch them...

I may not be getting what you're asking here, but you SHOULD get the National Pokédex, which allows you to see Pokémon not native to the Unova Dex, after you've beaten Iris. If that's not what you're asking, i'm not really sure, sorry.

I already beat Iris and I can see pokemon not from Unova but they don't have a number in the pokedex
when I see their details they have question marks over their name as their dex number

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I already seen all 300 of the bw2 dex and cought the shiny haxuros with the permit juniper gave me but I still don't have the national dex and most pokemon are numberless after i catch them...

I already beat Iris and I can see pokemon not from Unova but they don't have a number in the pokedex
when I see their details they have question marks over their name as their dex number

You get the National Dex from Cedric Juniper when you leave your room (at your house in Aspertia).

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016

If you beat the Champion, you will be granted a National Dex by Cedric, upon exiting your house in Apertia.

For those question mark names, it means you have not seen them or caught them.
To see them:
- You can migrate your Pokemon from Gen IV games to your Gen V game;
- Battle trainers that uses non-Unova Pokemon (Battle facilities do NOT apply here);
- Trade with people in real life, Wi-Fi with PokeCommunity members or wireless/IR trading with friends;
- Dream World method, which is currently being in maintenance til OCT 12, and will be closing permanent after few weeks.(For details please visit Pokemon Global Link official website).
- Some non-Unova Pokemon will appear in some post game locations, like Striaton City. Some will appear as "Mass Outbreak".

Note that ALL above answers shall NOT 'unlock' ALL non-Unova Pokemon at once. Rather than for example, if you saw a Dratini, then you will be able to see it's Area, Cry, Forms and detailed Info if you caught it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
If you beat the Champion, you will be granted a National Dex by Cedric, upon exiting your house in Apertia.

For those question mark names, it means you have not seen them or caught them.
To see them:
- You can migrate your Pokemon from Gen IV games to your Gen V game;
- Battle trainers that uses non-Unova Pokemon (Battle facilities do NOT apply here);
- Trade with people in real life, Wi-Fi with PokeCommunity members or wireless/IR trading with friends;
- Dream World method, which is currently being in maintenance til OCT 12, and will be closing permanent after few weeks.(For details please visit Pokemon Global Link official website).
- Some non-Unova Pokemon will appear in some post game locations, like Striaton City. Some will appear as "Mass Outbreak".

Note that ALL above answers shall NOT 'unlock' ALL non-Unova Pokemon at once. Rather than for example, if you saw a Dratini, then you will be able to see it's Area, Cry, Forms and detailed Info if you caught it.

Dude I see question marks on pokemon I have , I cought a Nuzleaf on the island with the shiny Haxuros and when I cought him got him out of the PC he didn't have a number he had question marks, And nothing happened after I talked to Juniper he just asked me how many pokemon I cought...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Dude I see question marks on pokemon I have , I cought a Nuzleaf on the island with the shiny Haxuros and when I cought him got him out of the PC he didn't have a number he had question marks, And nothing happened after I talked to Juniper he just asked me how many pokemon I cought...

Can you please include a screen cap?
So we can all see what's the problem you are facing.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
is my charizard hacked?

Hello everyone

Well i have this shiny charizard which is incredibly strong
its Iv's seem to be maxxed and the ev's are also very well balanced between special attack and speed
I traded it for my shiny rayquaza which wasnt nearly that strong. Its in a pokeball, met at lvl 5 and all that stuff, but just the stats are kinda too good.
So i want to know if my charizard is hacked and what i should do about it.
i dont want to release it, so if it is hacked, is it detectable?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
^I've moved your question into the Quick Questions thread.

Can you post the nature, level, HP, and stats? It could be within the possible stat ranges, or it could be hacked like you suspect. You'll have some difficulty using it in battle tournaments or trading. Owning a hacked Pokemon won't corrupt your save file, though.

There is also a website where you can send your Charizard to using the GTS. Follow the directions and click Legality Analysis to see if it's hacked. https://www.pokecheck.org/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
well the stats are:
hp: 298
attack:183
defense:192
special attack: 348
special defense: 205
speed: 299

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
How do I get Registeel? (I have White 2). I know that I have to get someone elses Iron Key but I do not know how... And is anyone willing to give me an Iron Key?

Years
How do I get Registeel? (I have White 2). I know that I have to get someone elses Iron Key but I do not know how... And is anyone willing to give me an Iron Key?

You can't trade the keys over wi-fi I'm afraid. You need a second DS to trade the keys over. But yes you do need the Iron Key, but you have to trade it over from Black 2.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I encountered a Joltik in Chargestone Cave. It had this green shine when it appeared, kind of like a Zoroark that enters battle without a disquise. The text said "A wild Joltik appeared!?" What does this mean?
EDIT: Nvm, I encountered one of N's pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back