• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I am so envious Dark Steelix! I want meh Uxie! At about 6,200 resets now. How many did it take for those shinies DS? And BTW Rapid Wailord, don't say that 900 is way too many. You should read about Heliotrope (or TheFriendlyBee on YouTube). She had to reset almost 30,000 times for Dialga. She deserves that shiny five times over. Coming Soon: Picture of Shiny Patch & Shiny Starly/Weepinbell Sparkles! Great pics they are!

Btw on a side note I am going on vacation, so I won't post for a few weeks. I should be back in late July. C yall then!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I' fast aproaching 200 eggs hatched today alone, that would bring me close to 700+ so the odds are gonna swing my way soon

On a different note I've decided that due to its low IV as well as being unable to get a good moveset on it, I'll use my shiny ponyta for chains

On a different note I've decided that due to its low IV as well as being unable to get a good moveset on it, I'll use my shiny ponyta for chains

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
I just can't decide what to chain today for a shiny....there's sooo many I want!!!!

I've finally decided to go out and catch myself a ditto so I can begin breeding, I figure I'll breed my charizard in hopes to get a few more shiny ones for trading and what not. Anyways not really much to say right now I have to go to work soon but hopefully I'll have some exciting news for you all tommorrow

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
If anyone wants Croagunks w/ fairly high IVs say so here I got plenty of them with a large selection of natures(mostly lonely though)

Years
Is it even possible to get shiny latios/latias? I thought that they were predetermined at the beginning of the game :-) This may be the last time I post for a month, so if it is, farewell for now!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
ivt's possible for lati(s) because the shiny is determined when they are unleashed so if you save before seeing the TV report you can sr after they are found, a bit more time consuming but it works.

as for me I'm fast aproaching 300 eggs hatched today

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
i've 205 SRs and i'm still going strong getting really bored though i'm being really lazy though AND i'm doing homework too.but i'm sure i get over 800 by around 3:00 yeah.i find it much much easier to hatch eggs. SRkid i know what you mean and i'll take that to heart the reason why i never really try too hard when i SR is because somehow i always get the shiny between 350 - 1000ish it's happened to me 4 times although they were all different games lol they were all the regis and i'm still trying for regigigas although my younger cousin got the registeel and regice for me i told him to look out for stars lol the fourth was a drifloon which i traded.plus i know how your friend felt try hatching 13,254 eevee and 9,000 munchlax eggs in just 2 days.(yeah i counted them, so what, i'm not sad lol plus i had more than one game so it's a slightly tainted victory)

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well i started hatchin poliwag i have only one box full of them. Hey how com the ditto trick wont work for me. the one with the everstone? ive tried with 2 dittos. 1st ditto(whos legit) gets the nature i want alot. the 2nd ditto(hacked) always gets like 1 of the nature i wanted out of like 30.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten new Shinies and welcome to all the new members that have joined since my last time here!! Have a great time and good luck on your hunts!! :D

My Charmander hunt is still going on strong!! I won't be giving up soon at all!! Also, seeing as there has been talk on the Deoxys event, I got mine yesterday (I actually took out my License two days before the event just to go get it, since no one that could've taken me was around)!! =P Anyways, due to a bunch of stuff, busy, personal stuff, etc., I won't be coming around this place or online for a while!! So as of now, I'm on unknown amount of time hiatus!! When I come back, I hope to have some new Shinies with me (especially Charmamder)!! I hope to see this place still active when I do return!! Good luck to everybody here with their Shiny Hunts and see ya all around!! ^_^

Tabatha

Years
GOOD NEWS!!!! Snubull is swarming for me today!!!!! This is one shiny I won't give up on....My chain broke at 30 but I'm not going to lose hope I just love snubull (even if I can`t spell it :p) anyways not much else to say yet I`ll come back and edit this post with details....like when I catch my lovely snubull!

EDIT: Bad news.....I didn't get my shiny Snubbull =( I spent all day chaining just to have my chains keep breaking around 30 over and over and then now it's 12 so time for a new swarm....it happens to be nosepass....boo that

Last edited:
Years
Can I join? I have 9 shinies at the present time.

In my Gold version:
dpmfsa130.png
dpmfsa228.png
dpmfsa166.png
dpmfsa173.png

In my Sapphire verson:
dpmfsa335.png
dpmfsa363.png
dpmfsa329.png

In my Diamond version:
dpmfsa403.png
dpmfsa453.png

Currently hunting:
3. Voltorb in Emerald
2. Raikou in Crystal
1. Bagon in Sapphire
Welcome to the club! Please note that G/S/C shinies don't count for credit here. Nice collection anyway. Was Croagunk hard?

I'm almost up to 25 Misdreavus in the chain again. I despise Eterna Forest. It needs it's name changed to "bad grass selection".
There's that "too convenient to have not been put there by accident" 9x9 grass patch somewhere around 1/3rd through the forest. It's definitely the best place and has a fair deal of "safe grass."

Hey guys, I've been a fan of this Club for a month now and I have decided i would enjoy joining. So speaking of joining, can I? I have Pokeradar shinies such as shinx, luxio (evolved from one of many shinx), ponyta, electrike, weepinbell and victreebell (evolved from weepinbell). I also have shiny heatran and deoxys from GTS, seem legit. I am also hunting shiny Uxie in Pearl and will soon hunt the gamestop deoxys.
Excellent, a fellow lurker! Welcome to the club. Just be mindful that radar multiples count as one shiny.

Can I join or what?
I've noticed that the owner has'nt been on in like a year so is there like a co owner that can let me join. I'm about to have my brother trade me over his Shiny Totodile because he doesn't want it.
Please, no rude first posts. For now, you are withheld membership from the club. Please ask again in one week.

well today i might actually go for a shiny *shocked* i havent attempt since slakoth like a week ago so =/ im thinking of eiter fishing magicar(DDD race?) or chain swarm.

edit: i got a question should i leave my shinies UT? i just dont want to touch them but i might start my own "shiny dex"
As of recently, I've been keeping an "archival clone" of each of my shinies, and leaving them as untouched as possible, both to serve as backups in case I lose any of my games, and in case I botch their EV training or want to run different sets for different games. Before I could clone, I went ahead and trained my shinies. Porygon2 and Dragonite have reached level 100, and I'm now regretful that I can't fix their EVs. (They just have simple 252/252/4 splits, and nowadays, I aim for magic numbers.)

I have read over this topic, the WHOLE thing, and I don't think traded shinies are aloud anymore. I'm new here, too. I've only posted about four times. Welcome. ^_^
Sort of. Traded shinies may only count if you can be 100% sure that (A) they're legitimate and (B) no one else is taking credit for owning that shiny any more. 100% sure doesn't include stuff from some "friend" halfway across the globe who claims to have gotten them fairly. You'd basically had to have been watching over the shoulder of the guy who caught said shiny and been sure he didn't make any clones. Point B means you can't go sharing radar extras around, because the original chainer is still going to claim credit.

I just can't decide what to chain today for a shiny....there's sooo many I want!!!!
The world is your Cloyster. (Ha ha, poké-pun, ha, huuh...) Pick something and go get'm!

I've finally decided to go out and catch myself a ditto so I can begin breeding, I figure I'll breed my charizard in hopes to get a few more shiny ones for trading and what not. Anyways not really much to say right now I have to go to work soon but hopefully I'll have some exciting news for you all tommorrow
I hate to disappoint you, but 1/64 shiny breeding only exists in G/S/C. The odds in R/S and on are independent of what the parents are. You'd be looking at a 1/8192 haul just like my Chikorita operation.

Shiny hunting progress: My latest count for Chikorita is 2188. A side effect of my Emerald RNG super-shuffling is that my game time can become inflated quite quickly. Before I started doing this, it was around 150 hours. It's already up past 180!

On the 4th-gen, I'm training an EVed team including many shinies to go explore Battle Island with. Once they're up around at least L50ish, I should be able to go after Sneasel with ease. I miss my (non-shiny) Vaporeon, Tyranitar, and Electivire I had EVed in my old Diamond. :'( At least I might still have clones of the Wish Eevee parents of my Vaporeon on Emerald still.

I'm also going to restart Diamond soon and begin my final save. I don't need to use it for mass harvesting of items/legendaries any more now that I have a working M3 again.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
There's that "too convenient to have not been there by accident" 9x9 grass patch somewhere around 1/3rd through the forest. It's definitely the best place and has a fair deal of "safe grass."

lol, you're preaching to the choir man. What I meant by "bad grass" was when just 3 patches shake and only 2 of them are the common kind and I have to reset over and over to be exactly precise in getting 4 common grass and in great formation.

It's no matter now, I'm resetting it at 43 now. All the shiny Misdreavus so far have been guys except for that very first one I got a week or two ago.

Still going. I gotta hurry, I'm gonna try to sneak a stop at GameStop and gather up 3 Deoxys.

I'd like to see if the "Gamestp" Deoxys can be shiny... I'd love to have one.

oh also interesting to note is that I'm up to 81,750 steps. It doesn't seem like I've put all that much work into this though. Indeed, I was very careful... maybe it 's just because Buneary was a lot more trouble. I had to stop Buneary at 84,000-so that I could get Darkrai, and now I'm doing a different Pokemon but in the same area and in a similar situation. :P

Last edited:
Years
I just lost a chain of one of my old secret shinies at 39. It was the first chain I had done. It broke on the MM pattern.

Suffice it to say, it's much less likely that I'm going to go public with this pattern than it was before. I'm at 10 successes with it and 2 failures total, making its success rate around 83%. Seems high but it isn't anywhere near high enough for chaining to 40.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
As of recently, I've been keeping an "archival clone" of each of my shinies, and leaving them as untouched as possible, both to serve as backups in case I lose any of my games, and in case I botch their EV training or want to run different sets for different games. Before I could clone, I went ahead and trained my shinies. Porygon2 and Dragonite have reached level 100, and I'm now regretful that I can't fix their EVs. (They just have simple 252/252/4 splits, and nowadays, I aim for magic numbers.)

Actually dude you can fix their EV sets, you use the EV berries to reduce them(if they are over 100 it brings EVs back to 100 and its 10 points per berry afterwards, then re-EV it the keep putting it in the PC and taking it out, the stats are recalculated each time it goes in the box so look at the stats everytime and when they no longer change its done, kinda time consuming but it does let you re-EV 100s

GOOD NEWS!!!! Snubull is swarming for me today!!!!! This is one shiny I won't give up on....My chain broke at 30 but I'm not going to lose hope I just love snubull (even if I can`t spell it :p) anyways not much else to say yet I`ll come back and edit this post with details....like when I catch my lovely snubull!

EDIT: Bad news.....I didn't get my shiny Snubbull =( I spent all day chaining just to have my chains keep breaking around 30 over and over and then now it's 12 so time for a new swarm....it happens to be nosepass....boo that

Wow this is gonna make me look like a jerk, I'm taking today off from hatching Croagunk and my chain heppened to be snubbull, and at a chain of 6 I got the shiny patch, it didn't have the nature,IVs,or ability to be usefull competativly but I may use it ingame, I'm gonna try for some more and if I get multiples I'll give you one

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well yesterday i was chaining doduo and left my ds on, im on a chain of 15 but i have a good feeling about this one. ill edit this post later

edit: wow my shiny sense was tingling...but must have been a false alarm... translated in english my chain broke at 23. i have no iddea what i did wrong the patch was 4 away in the middle

Last edited:

Tabatha

Years
Wow this is gonna make me look like a jerk, I'm taking today off from hatching Croagunk and my chain heppened to be snubbull, and at a chain of 6 I got the shiny patch, it didn't have the nature,IVs,or ability to be usefull competativly but I may use it ingame, I'm gonna try for some more and if I get multiples I'll give you one

Wow someone sure is lucky....today I'm gonna EV train my voltorb and if I happen to get a shiny out of it great but if I don't well a shiny wasn't my goal so I won't be all angry!
well thats all I have to say for now I'll be back with updates later

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
i have no idea why still after i hear people say go ahead and train your shinies..i still leave them ut. even if i clone it i dont want to touch it for some reason...like a good way

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
i want to join

i don't know if you guys are still accepting members here but i would love to join

the shinies i own are in my sig

i saw a lot of people with the shiny hunter club in there sig and i have just recently finished of my leaf green again i would like to get serious about shiny hunting.
i am new to this kind of thing so if i do become a member i would like a little help if i need a little help on how to breed and hunt for shinies the way its supposed to be done i would be very greatfull.

it will not show my sig so here are there names:zangoose, golem, starmie, poochyena and weezing

Last edited:
Back