• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Ducklett don't hold Leftovers. It must have used Aqua Ring, which does the same job as Leftovers, restoring 1/16th HP each turn. That's what got you confused.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Question for anyone: In Pokemon Black 2, does Zekrom always have the same IVs and Nature for every game? I ask this because you can't get it as a Shiny so is it already a pre-determined Pokemon or is there still some RNG involved? I saved after I caught it, so I can't test it.

Years
Question for anyone: In Pokemon Black 2, does Zekrom always have the same IVs and Nature for every game? I ask this because you can't get it as a Shiny so is it already a pre-determined Pokemon or is there still some RNG involved? I saved after I caught it, so I can't test it.

No. You can save before trying for it, and if it doesn't have the nature/IVs you want you can reset and try again. Same goes for all stationary Pokémon like legendaries and such.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I believe Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are all Shiny Locked in both Gen 5 games. You can't get them shiny by catching them through normal game means.

B/W Kyurem can be Shiny....B2W2 Kyurem I believe cannot. This is because they are story locked into their current sprites. The ones listed below are "impossible" to get Shiny outside of an event or hacking.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon#Unobtainable_Shiny_Pok.C3.A9mon

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
EV Problem.

Hey there Forum. New to the board seeking help and advice on Pokemon.

Today I am asking for advice on an EV related problem.

So I was EV training my Pokemon. I was able to count the exact number of Pokemon I defeated to get exactly 152 EV's on attack only. I have been KOing only Riolu's, Pidoves, Patrats, and Lilipups for about an hour. According to the local guides, each of these Pokemon grants 1 Attack EV point a pop. Since I had a Macho Brace on, I defeated only 76 Pokemon to get 152. Satisfied, I run to the mall to buy 10 proteins to get the last 100 EV points to make 252 attack EV.

But this is when I encountered a problem.

When I try to use my Proteins, the game tells me that the item will have no effect, and my proteins won't get consumed. This tells me that my Pokemon has already reached 255 Attack EV's, which I cannot believe to be possible. I tried to check if maybe in my EV training, my Pokemon might have caught the Pokerus. After checking it's status, nothing tells me that this Pokemon does or ever had the Pokerus.

Can anyone tell me what might have happened?I know I shouldn't complain too much, cause my Pokemon has max attack EV's in less time than expected. But I worry that maybe I ran into a glitch that won't let me max my EV's, especially since I made a strong effort to track my KO pokemon exactly.

Please keep these facts in mind:
I have not battled any Pokemon before training with this Pokemon.
This Pokemon did not take any vitamins before training.
This Pokemon is a Terrakion level 65.
This Pokemon does not have the Pokerus, and there is no indication that it ever had it.
The Pokemon that were battled were Pidove, Riolu, Patrat, and Lilipup. Each grants only 1 EV each to Attack. 76 Pokemon were defeated.
I used a Macho Brace, which doubles EV count.

Years
Just so you know, you can find wings by walking in those shadows on the Driftveil Drawbridge and Marvelous Bridge. Be warned because sometimes they spawn Ducklett or Swanna instead.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
I believe Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem are all Shiny Locked in both Gen 5 games. You can't get them shiny by catching them through normal game means.

B/W Kyurem can be Shiny....B2W2 Kyurem I believe cannot. This is because they are story locked into their current sprites. The ones listed below are "impossible" to get Shiny outside of an event or hacking.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Pokémon#Unobtainable_Shiny_Pok.C3.A9mon
I know Kyurem can be caught as a Shiny in B2W2. However, you didn't answer my question (though I think someone else did). I was asking if they regardless could still have different natures and IVs if you recapture them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Thanks for answering my previous question. Now I have another opinion based question.

I just hatched a Growlithe. When it was born, it had Decent IV scores (which is the lowest rank). But the highest IV's are Attack and Speed with 26/33 each. These are pretty nice IV stats, but the other stats are pretty low except special defense which is a moderate score of 19.

My question is: Should I go ahead and EV train this Pokemon? Or should I keep breeding for a better Growlithe?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks for answering my previous question. Now I have another opinion based question.

I just hatched a Growlithe. When it was born, it had Decent IV scores (which is the lowest rank). But the highest IV's are Attack and Speed with 26/33 each. These are pretty nice IV stats, but the other stats are pretty low except special defense which is a moderate score of 19.

My question is: Should I go ahead and EV train this Pokemon? Or should I keep breeding for a better Growlithe?

Attack and Speed are all that you should care about on Growlithe. Nothing else. Also, the max IV a Pokemon can have is 31.

Years
I started out the game with an Oshawatt and I'm trying to figure out what Pokemon I should get next! My friend suggested Riolu as a good addition, what do you all think?

Years
I'm sorry, but no. Lucario makes the game way easier and I hate seeing it on over half of teams. V_V

Then again, it's your playthrough, so if you want to use it, sure.

Years
I'm sorry, but no. Lucario makes the game way easier and I hate seeing it on over half of teams. V_V

Then again, it's your playthrough, so if you want to use it, sure.

Really? You thinks he's too good? Because in the time I was waiting for a response I did end up catching one lol

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Really? You thinks he's too good? Because in the time I was waiting for a response I did end up catching one lol

In terms of level up moves and stats Riolu is not good... yet!
It'll be a beast though, when it evolves during the day with high happiness!

Years
In terms of level up moves and stats Riolu is not good... yet!
It'll be a beast though, when it evolves during the day with high happiness!

Interesting...It's cool to see people's differences of opinions. You're saying that Riolu is average at best, but the first guy who commented seemed to think that Riolu was above average to the point that it tips the scales and makes the game easier.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Interesting...It's cool to see people's differences of opinions. You're saying that Riolu is average at best, but the first guy who commented seemed to think that Riolu was above average to the point that it tips the scales and makes the game easier.

I think he meant by making the progress easier is when Rio becomes Lucario, whom is one of the best Pokemon in competitive. I'm not an all time user of Lucario, but i have it and I say it's impressive as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back