• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that need sequels?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There are a bunch of video games out there in the market. Some have a sequel, while others don't. Which game, in your opinion, do you think deserves to have a sequel? Why do you think so? Would you like to see any new feature to debut in the sequel? What kind of features are they? o:

I would really like to see a follow-up to Megaman Battle Network 6. Battle Network 6 was quite an awesome game, and I've had tons of fun completing missions, collecting battle chips, going up against other NetNavis, etc. If they ever do decide to give us a sequel to this game, then there are some changes that I'd like to see them make. First, I want them want them to allow us to fully customize Megaman. Second, I feel that there should be a way to create our battle chips. If they want, they could limit us from making the chips too powerful. Finally, they should give us an online multiplayer feature, where we could go head-to-head against other players from all over the world.

I'd like to see a Metroid Prime Hunters sequel as well. Prime Hunters was one of the very first Nintendo DS games, and it made you feel that you were actually a part of the game by giving you a first-person perspective. The game had an online multiplayer mode, too. If they decide to release a Prime Hunters sequel at some point in the future, then I would like them make it available to Wii U. They could make a separate version for the 3DS if they want, but I'm not completely sure if I would play that. Shooter games like this just don't go along with handhelds, in my opinion. ): I've played Call of Duty : Roads to Victory on my PSP once four to five years ago, and the experience was quite horrible. Shooters are more fun when they're on consoles.

I would also like a sequel for Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The game was pretty addictive, and its story was simply brilliant. It had the ability to drag you deep down into the game. Within the first year of release, this game was able to sell millions and millions of copy. How impressive is that? d: If they do create a follow-up, then maybe they could have the story take place two to three months after the events of Majora's Mask. Plus, it'd be quite awesome if they gave us a way to customize Link!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I always thought the Spyro series could use another sequel, but it did go downhill since it's start so I can see why they wouldn't continue.
I also really enjoyed the GameCube games for Pokemon. I believe if they spent time on a sequel of XD: Gale of Darkness it would sell well.
I would say a Warcraft 4 would be desirable, but WoW has been going nearly 10 years, I don't think they're going to make a Warcraft 4. Hahah.
Fable was a good game, and it's sequels were entertaining enough. Fable 4 would be welcome by me, so long as the game doesn't get even more simple and lazy. They're remaking the original Fable, and if that goes over well I believe they will make a Fable 4.
Lastly, Fallout. It hasn't been too long since the last Fallout game, and last thing I heard there were at least rumors that a new Fallout game would come. But yeah, I'm still really anxious about a sequel and nervous they won't make one.
All the other game series I like seem to be getting new additions every few years. I hope the Elder Scrolls MMO doesn't keep them from making a single player sequel to Skyrim.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Fable was a good game, and it's sequels were entertaining enough. Fable 4 would be welcome by me, so long as the game doesn't get even more simple and lazy. They're remaking the original Fable, and if that goes over well I believe they will make a Fable 4.
Lastly, Fallout. It hasn't been too long since the last Fallout game, and last thing I heard there were at least rumors that a new Fallout game would come. But yeah, I'm still really anxious about a sequel and nervous they won't make one.

Was Fable: the journey fable 4?

They are making a Fallout 4 it is like a 100% thing New Vegas sold well and so did 1, 2 and 3. Obisidian or Black Isle Studios has been bought by Bethesda I think so we will be getting good story and graphics and stuff also wasnt it confirmed at e3 last year?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Was Fable: the journey fable 4?

They are making a Fallout 4 it is like a 100% thing New Vegas sold well and so did 1, 2 and 3. Obisidian or Black Isle Studios has been bought by Bethesda I think so we will be getting good story and graphics and stuff.

I never played Fable Journey but I believe it was just a short disaster, made only so more people would buy the Kinect. It certainly wasn't a true sequel.

I'm glad Fallout 4 is a 100% thing, if that's true. I would assume Fallout 4 would be a sure thing at least within the next few years, but I swear someone told me that the question of Fallout 4 was often being deflected, which could lead one to believe it wouldn't happen. But then, the source I had wasn't official so. *Shrug.*

TY

A sequel to Midnight Club: Los Angeles would be awesome, i really love the game and maybe they should add more bodykits and other exterior stuff to it to make the customization really endless.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I never played Fable Journey but I believe it was just a short disaster, made only so more people would buy the Kinect. It certainly wasn't a true sequel.

I'm glad Fallout 4 is a 100% thing, if that's true. I would assume Fallout 4 would be a sure thing at least within the next few years, but I swear someone told me that the question of Fallout 4 was often being deflected, which could lead one to believe it wouldn't happen. But then, the source I had wasn't official so. *Shrug.*

Bethesda likes to keep secrets as far as i am concerned, they give us very little information to keep us excited which is good.

I think they need to make another Advance Wars for 3DS. I would like to see {insert valve title} 3. Would love to see that Gundam xp game get a sequel.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Punch-Out!!.jpg

It is time. Next Level Games, you did a mighty fine job with Luigi's Mansion 2, but now it is time to go back to the big boy of gaming, Punch Out!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg

I'd love to see a follow-up to TWEWY on the Wii U. The gamepad would make a perfect fit for the game. The unique double-screen gameplay could be easily done on the Wii U with even better graphics and smooth animation. Even a remake would be fantastic.

I'd also like to see a sequel to Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise, as the DS version was great and the 3DS (or even a Windows Phone version) would be a good fit for the type of gameplay.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Only few games come to my mind at the moment.
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Metroid Prime Hunters
Megaman ZX Advent
Those are the first to come in mind...
EDIT: Also another game from the Dissidia Final Fantasy series would be appriciated. It could be a Dissidia X Kingdom Hearts. Or another game series but same engine would be great. (Im looking at you Sengoku Basara francise)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
They need to make a xenogear 2. I mean one that actually takes place after the xenogears 1 story.

Nakala Pri

Pokemon Conquest definitely needs a sequel, it was an excellent, captivating strategy game with unforgettable characters and landscapes. The anime was spectacular and the music... was just so beautiful! ^^

Eternal Sonata, a fantastic fantasy RPG which holds so much emotion, creativity and has characters which you can really relate to. The graphics was great and it made the scenery really stand out. Like travelling to a forbidden forest, gazing around only to see Heaven's Mirror blooming on top of the lonely cliff overlooking the sea and a small town called Tenuto... sorry, got carried away. xD

I really enjoyed both of these amazing games and they need a sequel toot sweet! >:D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
I would of loved to see an sequel to Skies of Arcadia as I loved flying the ship and the ship battles.

EDIT: Also another game from the Dissidia Final Fantasy series would be appriciated. It could be a Dissidia X Kingdom Hearts.

These. I also would love to see a sequel to The Legend of Dragoon, a PS1 RPG that was one of my favourite video games growing up, and it's still a game that I enjoy playing that definitely needs a lot more love. The protagonist was actually supposed to be a DLC character for Playstation Allstars Battle Royale, Sony screwing the fanbase over and nixing it was what finally made me give up on the game.

Eternal Sonata, a fantastic fantasy RPG which holds so much emotion, creativity and has characters which you can really relate to. The graphics was great and it made the scenery really stand out. Like travelling to a forbidden forest, gazing around only to see Heaven's Mirror blooming on top of the lonely cliff overlooking the sea and a small town called Tenuto... sorry, got carried away. xD

Eternal Sonata was a pretty fun game, but given its nature I'm not quite sure how they'd be able to do a sequel without taking out one of the most important parts of the world's lore... I won't spoil the game for anybody by discussing it further.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I really want a KOTOR 3, but unfortunately that will more than likely not happen since SWTOR came out and they consider it to be "KOTOR 3 - 10" and already told the fate of the main character Revan.

A sequel to Midnight Club: Los Angeles would be awesome, i really love the game and maybe they should add more bodykits and other exterior stuff to it to make the customization really endless.
The map is sooooo big, such an awesome game, not easy to beat though, lots of challenging races.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
A successor to F-Zero GX. Hell, a freaking HD Port would be good enough. Nintendo says they don't want to do it because they don't think they can do much new for it, but really all you need to do is just give it to a new team...shouldn't be too hard since the GX devs are no more.

Years
Star Fox is far overdue on a sequel. I would like to see another on-rails shooter, with a few different vehicles and pilot options. Maybe On-Foot Segments if they can figure out how to make it flow better than it did in Assault. Obviously the main focus being on the tired and true Arwing combat. I would even settle for a sequel for Command on the 3DS. I don't think it was very popular, but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind a second game. Worst comes to worse, I would even settle for an entire reboot.

I agree with everyone that said Metroid Prime: Hunters, but I'd settle for the rumoured Sylux Spinoff.

Back