• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKM Script Helper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
Download
http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59896&d=1302314489
(includes both the normal version and the question edition.)

34skleo.png

Features:

• makes messages up to 5 lines and a final end message if you want.
  • can add sounds and music in between sections or alone.
  • extremely easy to use movement creator with buttons.
  • warp creator turn anything that you can talk to into a warp.
  • Give Item Creator, create any item with any amount.
  • Give Pokemon Creator (with images) choose any lvl and hold item.
  • Heal Pokemon option.
  • An option to only be used one time, kinda more advanced tho.
  • Give Egg Creator, create any pokemon in an egg.
  • Question Edition allows you to do Yes or No Options used for making starter pokemon and other yes or no options.
Info:
This program can quickly create script codes for you without almost any knowledge of how to make scripts, lets say you wanted a script that moves a trainer left 5 times and then says a message to make the script it would have been something retarded like 0x8337 0x84734 0x474 0x4663 and longer then that for the message however with this program you don't have to know what any of that junk is, all you have to do is a press a few buttons and poof you have your script all ready to be compiled into your rom. (You may need to know how to compile a script once you have it, I'm not sure my method for the compile button will work for very many people.)

Screens:
2j1vjax.png

53jt47.png

212fvw4.png

no8rrs.png

2j0xleh.png

3005tkw.png

Questions comments concerns ideas, whatever post them here, don't tell me the compiling doesn't work I already know it wont work for some users if that's the case for you then just compile the scripts manually after you save them, I made this last year just didn't have internet till now so here it is XD.

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I tell you now, this is a bad idea. :\
I made this mistake once (although, you did a much better job at it than I did -- much nicer layout and such )

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
I decided to use the file up-loader on this site this time so the mods wont complain, I was hosting it was sendspace, mediafire and gigasize none of those sites have virueses on them at least I have never had any problems with them, not trying to complain it's just it took awhile to upload it to all those sites just to have my links removed.. Anyways I hope everyone will enjoy my useful tools, I appreciate the positive feedback that you have been giving me :)

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
This looks like an awesome tool. I'll try it out. Thanks!

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Forget what I said BTW if you could make this xse compatible because apparently the scripts are written in the outdated poke script

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
No. This is a terrible idea. This will just encourage laziness, because people will just have to type a few things and click some buttons, instead of actually learning to script.

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
It's a good idea but only put the harder scripts in for begining scripters

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The tool itself looks really nice. The other script helper's I've seen aren't as developed as yours. And this does look pretty tempting to use.

But this does defeat the point of learning to script. It's like wanting to learn to make cake so you go out and buy one. Still, nice tool. :3

Years
Though I approved this, I don't... approve of it.

I mean, as has been said, it will encourage laziness. It's taking the effort out of the part in hacking that should have most effort in it...

This is the kind of thing that makes some GB/C hackers look down on GBA hackers, and so... it's not a good thing. The tool itself is good, and kudos on that, but I personally think scripting is something that should lways be done from scratch- even if it can be a little tricky.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Let's face it: not everyone can or wants to learn how to script. I think this is fine for those people whose brains just aren't wired in a way that makes scripting easy to pick up. Sure, their scripts will be much more basic than scripts crafted by people who actually know what 'callstd' does. However, beginners will eventually realize that this tool merely scratches the surface of the field of scripting and will read a scripting tutorial if they find themselves in need of more advanced techniques.

I guess I just don't see why people are so upset that this tool makes it easier to get started with scripting (even if it isn't "real" scripting). Especially since a lot of you believe that using tools doesn't make you inferior. :\

Years
Judging by the screens, this looks like a really good tool! Great job! :)
Same as you bro;).

haha, i still prefer manually scripting..lol
This looks good the layout and everything,
I will surely give it a try but this will make people not learning actual scripting as this is easier..xD
this is true but think about how useful it will for beginner:classic:.

The Movement section seems very tempting to use.
yea:)

No. This is a terrible idea. This will just encourage laziness, because people will just have to type a few things and click some buttons, instead of actually learning to script.
Its not terrible:laugh:. take it as an example:
When you post on a thread (like this one) Do you write BB-code Like
or just click the insert image button:D?

I know, right?

I know my basic scripts well. It's only movements that confuse me. I really want to see this, it seems of great use.
yea, me too;)

Though I approved this, I don't... approve of it.

I mean, as has been said, it will encourage laziness. It's taking the effort out of the part in hacking that should have most effort in it...

This is the kind of thing that makes some GB/C hackers look down on GBA hackers, and so... it's not a good thing. The tool itself is good, and kudos on that, but I personally think scripting is something that should lways be done from scratch- even if it can be a little tricky.
Mate, just think positive;), OK? not everyone had time and knowledge for scripting.

Let's face it: not everyone can or wants to learn how to script. I think this is fine for those people whose brains just aren't wired in a way that makes scripting easy to pick up. Sure, their scripts will be much more basic than scripts crafted by people who actually know what 'callstd' does. However, beginners will eventually realize that this tool merely scratches the surface of the field of scripting and will read a scripting tutorial if they find themselves in need of more advanced techniques.

I guess I just don't see why people are so upset that this tool makes it easier to get started with scripting (even if it isn't "real" scripting). Especially since a lot of you believe that using tools doesn't make you inferior. :\
I don't know either:(. Don't Everyone just want an easy solution?
I think this is a very good tool:).

just admit it:D and it will be fine.

marcc5m

what
Years

mic Sans MS]Its not terrible:laugh:. take it as an example:
When you post on a thread (like this one) Do you write BB-code Like
or just click the insert image button:D?
[/FONT]

I type the BB-Code.

Anyway, I suppose this is useful for people who are just learning to script, but my problem is that a lot of people can now make a full hack without putting in any effort at all, which makes proper scripting seem pretty pointless. And as Gira said, this is the exact reason GB/GBC hackers look down on GBA hackers. Sorry, but I just can't see this as a good thing.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
My problem is that a lot of people can now make a full hack without putting in any effort at all

I'll give my Follow Me script to the first person who can make a full hack using this. And even if someone does make a complete hack with this, it won't be a very high quality hack, I can guarantee you that.

Years
I type the BB-Code.

Anyway, I suppose this is useful for people who are just learning to script, but my problem is that a lot of people can now make a full hack without putting in any effort at all, which makes proper scripting seem pretty pointless. And as Gira said, this is the exact reason GB/GBC hackers look down on GBA hackers. Sorry, but I just can't see this as a good thing.

Are you talking about the credit for the hard work:\?
Let me ask you one Q:

Do you Hack just for Credit?

or
You wanna make a hack for everyone?

I really Respect those who Really work hard for their hack:rambo:. They have to spend lot of time for writing a single script. Thinks this way, this tool will make is short and they need small time for scripting. this way they can make very good script and make an even better hack. you know, sometime writing script feel boring, specially when you have to make the same script twice.

If you think it will make script-er Down than it will. No one can change how you feel about. I you feel its bad than its Bad, if you feel its good than its good. So Don't feel down be confident.
that's all I can say.

Fro the last time I would like to say:
Everyone want an easy way out even if you deny it.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Are you talking about the credit for the hard work:\?
Let me ask you one Q:
Do you Hack just for Credit?
or
You wanna make a hack for everyone?

I hack for fun, and to learn.

I really Respect those who Really work hard for their hack:rambo:. They have to spend lot of time for writing a single script. Thinks this way, this tool will make is short and they need small time for scripting. this way they can make very good script and make an even better hack.

Yeah, and now they just click a few buttons, and flush all of that respect down the toilet.

you know, sometime writing script feel boring, specially when you have to make the same script twice.

Just copy and paste the offset twice?

If you think it will make script-er Down than it will. No one can change how you feel about. I you feel its band than its Bab, if you feel its good than its good. So Don't feel down be confident.

...Who are band and Bab?

Everyone want an easy way out even if you deny it.

Consider it denied.

Moving on, I have a suggestion.
How about, instead of helping by inserting scripts at the click of some buttons, it instead gives an explanation of different commands, and an example? That way, people are learning how to script, the work will still get done, and it will prevent laziness.

Last edited:
Years
I hack for fun, and to learn.
And it add easy on the line;).

Yeah, and now they just click a few buttons, and flush all of that respect down the toilet.
Don't be so rude, Just think positive man:classic:.

Just copy and paste the offset twice?
isn't it kinda same clicking a button:surprised:.

...Who are band and Bab?
sorry slip of the finger:laugh:.Spell corrected.

Consider it denied.

Moving on, I have a suggestion.
How about, instead of helping by inserting scripts at the click of some buttons, it instead gives an explanation of different commands, and an example? That way, people are learning how to script, the work will still get done, and it will prevent laziness.

This is alos good but not every one wanna let this tool go cuz its easy man.
This is good how it is I think.
your suggestion is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back